Football Manager 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I'm sure to have more than enough questions once I boot it up! That website looks very detailed as well, I'll be sure to have a look before I start.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I can exaggerate too much on that detailed point either, it seems there's about 10 different types of central midfielders. I think I may get addicted to it too!

 
I'm a 4-3-3 man myself, usually have an Anchor Man screening my back four with a Ball Winner and an Advanced Playmaker ahead of him.

It all comes down to personnel, though. If you've got the cash you can bring in players to suit your tactics, but if you start out with a lower level club, you've got to adapt your tactics to suit the players at your disposal.

No use instructing your 6' 3" lump of a striker with the pace of a turtle and the technical ability of a cripple to play as a Trequartista or a Poacher!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to drift towards a 4-2-3-1...I like having wingers and that number 10 (because they are abundant).

I usually stagnate the 2 though, making one a DM, and one a CM...well at least when I'm playing with a lower team.

 
I've never really used 4-2-3-1, mainly because I like to play fluid/attacking from the off and the lack of a conventional defensive midfielder would leave me too exposed.

With high-pressing my Anchor Man sits in the centre circle for the bulk of the game and controls things, my advanced play-maker is more or less a de facto number 10 as he pushes forward and occupies the same space, and my ball winner is a roving jack of all trades.

My 4-3-3 features wingers, I like to mix and match with an Inside Forward on one flank and a Winger on the other.

 
I'm sure you have EB Games in New Zealand too, Lofty, but here in Adelaide it seems there's only one store which has FM 2013 in stock.

I checked a few other stores as well but the results were the same. I may eventually have to buy it off Ebay.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend just purchasing it online mate, I usually like to order a physical copy but as FM is linked to Steam there's little point, you'll be downloading a couple of fairly hefty updates anyway.

This is the website I purchased it from, not sure how that price compares to the retail version at EB games in Aus.

http://fm2013uk.nexway.com/qte.html?REF=754102&affil=25581

Bare in mind that as you're outside of the UK you won't have to pay VAT, so the price is actually 25.08 GBP.

 
ibdKz9nc8iq9SU.PNG


Moving on up! :biggrin:

 
If you have Steam, you can get it right from there... At least that's how it was for FM2012.

 
Yes, the latest database reflects all of the transfer activity from the January 2013 window.

 
Will it eventually reflect the activity from this window as well, or is that only in the new game?

 
I'm not sure if they will be doing an update ahead of next season, but you can use the editor yourself to change the database and include transfers.

My edited database, for example, includes some transfers for next season that have already been confirmed, Gotze to Bayern, etc, and I've also made managerial changes to reflect sackings and future appointments. (Di Canio at Sunderland, Adkins at Reading, Ancelotti at Real, Guardiola at Bayern, etc)

It's very easy to make changes to the database, you've just got to download the editor separately via Steam. You'll find it via Library > Tools.

 
There was an update after January, but there isn't another one I don't think....

Then it'll be new season, when it's out (maybe in October/November?)

 
Played 12 match on FM 2013 the other day and got bored of it again.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top