Forum over the years

I vaguely remember that he explained why he was leaving, but I  can't remember why.  He was quite depressed at the time.  He was a lovely bloke .

And please nobody mention the  gorgeous G**z*r


 
Wow!!  He went to Leicester to university didn't he? To study French?  He came from Wales and (delves into memory zone) RuhBuhJuh stood for RBJ  and his surname was Jones?

He really was a smashing kid, very knowledgeable, but at the same time modest, not like some of the bigheaded youngsters of nowadays?  How is he doing?

P.S. Tell him Moi still loves him - in the nicest possible way!!!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!  He went to Leicester to university didn't he? To study French?  He came from Wales and (delves into memory zone) RuhBuhJuh stood for RBJ  and his surname was Jones?

He really was a smashing kid, very knowledgeable, but at the same time modest, not like some of the bigheaded youngsters of nowadays?  How is he doing?

P.S. Tell him Moi still loves him - in the nicest possible way!!!!
Weren't you worried that he disappeared so suddenly?

 
No - he didn't really disappear suddenly.  He PMd me to tell me he was going to university and probably wouldn't have much time to post.  He was a few years younger than @PloKoon13 who was also living in Leicester and I think they got in touch. Maybe Plokkers will know something.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
No - he didn't really disappear suddenly.  He PMd me to tell me he was going to university and probably wouldn't have much time to post.  He was a few years younger than @PloKoon13 who was also living in Leicester and I think they got in touch. Maybe Plokkers will know something.
I never did hear from him after you put us in touch - he still posts film reviews online though and is seemingly quite alright.

 
I never did hear from him after you put us in touch - he still posts film reviews online though and is seemingly quite alright.
That's a pity. He was maybe a bit in awe of you!!  Good to know he is doing fine. I can't be bothered with Twitter so won't contact him. 

I can't post this here because I'm On my Kindle. There is a song by Tim Minchin Called Thank You, God. In his introduction he talks a bit about your doppelganger Ross Noble - very amusing, as is the song.

Had to get up and put my laptop on to post this!



I hope you are coping with the closure of bars. Never be without a bottle of whisky in the cupboard! Where are you living now? Still doing your radio programme?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Scott re Bluebeard. Still alive and kicking. I speak to him on the phone from time to time. I think he drops in here very occasionally.

 
Doesn't seem to post on here, but I am still in touch, as he's my son!
Wow, I never knew that after all the years here. Mind blown.

Next, @moi will be telling us she has a son of royalty kicking about around here!

I see both RBJ and Uno post on Twitter. I think Moos got banned years ago for some reason or another.

Anyone remember Kenn?

 
Wow, I never knew that after all the years here. Mind blown.

Next, @moi will be telling us she has a son of royalty kicking about around here!

I see both RBJ and Uno post on Twitter. I think Moos got banned years ago for some reason or another.

Anyone remember Kenn?
Kenn was a prolific poster ( for a while). Wasn't he from Africa?

 
Wow!!  He went to Leicester to university didn't he? To study French?  He came from Wales and (delves into memory zone) RuhBuhJuh stood for RBJ  and his surname was Jones?

He really was a smashing kid, very knowledgeable, but at the same time modest, not like some of the bigheaded youngsters of nowadays?  How is he doing?

P.S. Tell him Moi still loves him - in the nicest possible way!!!!
Will do! Your memory is ridiculous. He is now a French teacher in Leicestershire and writes for a movie website called Jump Cut.

Last time we went to a game together was our controversial win at Cardiff late last season, when Azpi scored an offside goal and RLC got an injury time winner.

 
Memory of last week is a bit hazy though!!   I am so glad he is doing well. He's clearly too busy to be posting on here.  How the time flashes by!  I think he was about 16 when he started posting on here. If I had been his teacher I would have written him glowing reports!!  I now live in Brittany so if he is ever coming over to France by the St Malo route, tell him there's a free bed here for him and his wife/partner/whatever.

In fact I will PM you my email address which you can give to him next time you speak to him.  If he ever needs new ideas about getting French into stubborn English heads, he can email me! Or just for a chat!

Can't tell you how delighted I am to know that you're his Dad.  Imagine how I would have felt if it had been *****cfc 

 
Wow, I never knew that after all the years here. Mind blown.

Next, @moi will be telling us she has a son of royalty kicking about around here!

I see both RBJ and Uno post on Twitter. I think Moos got banned years ago for some reason or another.

Anyone remember Kenn?
Do you mean HighStreetKen?  He was a mate of Brian M the pirate. 

Moos got banned for arguing that  it was OK for grown men to copulate with underage kids.

I have three royal sons - they inherit it from me!

Am I allowed to say that I miss LOfty?

My most hated ever poster - HorseWithNoName.

 
@Mod Stark what was the name of that posh (I think) fellow who used to write really long articles, but rarely got involved in discussions?

 
@Mod Stark what was the name of that posh (I think) fellow who used to write really long articles, but rarely got involved in discussions?
Was that Dorset? I used to like reading his 'articles' but I can't remember the last time I saw him post, it's been a while. 

 
Do you mean HighStreetKen?  He was a mate of Brian M the pirate. 

Moos got banned for arguing that  it was OK for grown men to copulate with underage kids.

I have three royal sons - they inherit it from me!

Am I allowed to say that I miss LOfty?

My most hated ever poster - HorseWithNoName.
Lofty was a brilliant, passionate poster who kept getting himself banned, but isn't he now Upsetter?

 
Was that Dorset? I used to like reading his 'articles' but I can't remember the last time I saw him post, it's been a while. 
Dorset!  Yes!  His articles were very good (I suspect he was a journalist).  But I always wished he would engage a bit more with other posters.

 
Back
Top