Forum Update

Doesnt really work on the iPhone at all. Impossible to browse topics.

Have had to switch to standard web layout which defeats the object really.

 
I like it. I must say that I haven't tried to use the forum with any mobile device, though. Already tried the like button feature(hello moi) and I hope people start using it. Should make reading threads easier when there hopefully will be less of those one word/emoticon posts. And now it's easier to show appreciation for Dorset's great posts. I often haven't been able to come up with anything clever to say to reply to those topics, so at least now I can click the like button.

 
AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Change. I'm DYYYYYYIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG.

I actually don't know what to do. I'm so used to clicking new content, then mark posts as read so the next time I check, I only get the new posts again. I need to explore this one.

 
Don't spring this on me when I've just thrown myself out of bed! Honestly....

 
Also Mod, tapatalk not working. Won't accept password.
This is true, the update has broken the TapaTalk support. I can more or less use the forums on my iPad with Safari as the screen is big enough but without Tapatalk they are almost unusable on iPhone screens. :-(

Maybe you need to check if there is an updated plug-in or submit a bug request at Tapatalk?

http://www.tapatalk.com/

 
Love it, shed end 3,2 looks sexy

Works perfect on my Android as well, the only downside is that you cant view the pages like on the old one but this one brings you to the latest post so not that bad.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love it, shed end 3,2 looks sexy

Works perfect on my Android as well, the only downside is that you cant view the pages like on the old one but this one brings you to the latest post so not that bad.
For me that's the biggest issue. Quite often I don't like to go the latest post on the thread , I prefer to go to the start or a few pages back so I can catch up on discussion and gauge what is being said. Can't do that any more on the mobile version.

 
Great job! Nice development and it wil get better once we get it skinned!

Give me a shout if you want anything made

 
BJD - I'm reading this on an iPhone and it works perfect or me :/

 
BJD - I'm reading this on an iPhone and it works perfect or me :/
Are you in mobile version or full version? If you are in mobile version are you saying you can choose what page of a thread you want to go to?

Also what's with the '4 pages' thing? Plenty of threads that are bigger than 4 pages!

 
I'm using full version. I can choose the first few pages and the last page (latest)

When you get to the last page of a long thread you can toggle back a few pages until you find where you left off

 
I'm using full version. I can choose the first few pages and the last page (latest)

When you get to the last page of a long thread you can toggle back a few pages until you find where you left off
Yeah full version works fine, but I've never used it on the iPhone because it's not really practical. Mobile version has always worked just fine for me until now.

This is currently what I'm seeing

0edc4628.jpg


 
I honestly really like the new look, but I still can't find an option to mark all posts as read.

Please tell me if I'm just blind...

 
I honestly really like the new look, but I still can't find an option to mark all posts as read.

Please tell me if I'm just blind...
You're being blind At the bottom of the page click Mark Community Read

This marks every post in every thread as read. The staff and lion icon comes in two versions. No new posts
f_icon_read.png
and New Posts
f_icon.png


Hovering your mouse over any New posts icon brings up the question "Mark Forum As Read"? Click the icon and the icon/status changes to No new posts.

The biggest inconvenience for me is that currently the default theme is the basic IP Board skin. To log in from there you need to manually enter your username and password each time. Or you can change theme, but then to log in you need to click on one of the Protected Forum links, which takes you to a page that includes a Click here to log in link. Mod has already stated this to be a known issue that will be sorted out over the next few days, so I'm looking at the upgrade as a work in progress. There are differences, but there are also a few issues that I imagine will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Edit: I've just noticed that there is now a Mark this forum as read link at the top of each forum. I don't think it was there last night, so there you go, that's one little issue that's already been resolved.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
When I select any text it is highlighted in red. That's really disturbing.

 
Yeah full version works fine, but I've never used it on the iPhone because it's not really practical. Mobile version has always worked just fine for me until now.

This is currently what I'm seeing

0edc4628.jpg
Try full version on it now dude, it's really light now.

 
Back
Top