Frank Lampard v some scrote called o`brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually a big fan of LBC, but this is just sick.

As a foreigner, I don't really have the right to comment on the British media, but the newspaper who run this story is a disgrace to journalism and a filthy, sorry, greedy lot who have shown detestable disregard to a person's private life. How could anyone with a bit of self-respect go out and delve in such a cold-blooded manner into the personal life of someone is truly beyond me.

That James O'Brian was trying to stir up audiences into calling his program is a sad consequence. Like I said, I listen to LBC sometimes and I can vouch that they are better than that. This, however, is unacceptable. But it does go to show what people are willing to do for money and in this case ratings. People's personal lives should be left where they belong - at home - unless they want to make them public.

Having said all that, full praise to Super Frank for doing what he did and handling it in the manner he did. I for one wouldn't be nearly as restrained as he appears to be and would have surely told O'Brian a lot of unsavoury things of he had called me "weak and scum". Done us proud again ! :431:

 
The low life host of the tabloid radio show was just on Sky News - arrogant twat refused to apologise

 
From James O'Brien's Blog, this is what the twat himself had to say, after the event:

Blimey. What a kerfuffle. I relate Elen Rives’s account of her break-up from Frank Lampard and suggest that any man who allows his children to live in inferior circumstances to himself is weak. Scum, even. Next thing you know Lampard’s on the line arguing his corner, calling me an idiot and requesting a ‘private’ man to man meeting. Yikes!Seriously, let’s give him credit for admitting that I was right and explaining why he doesn’t fall into that category.

This is a slightly skewed account of a conversation that will be all over your papers tomorrow. Check out the objective version on the podcast site!
 
James O'Brian is now giving this argument some attention to get himself more famous by the looks.

What a w**ker the bloke is! Give him a ring lofty?

 
Not sure what business it is of anybodys how F.L . or any other person for that matter lives their lives.

Great reaction by Lampard , stood up to a radio bully who will do anything to get listeners .

 
Just came here to post this.

Good man, Lamps, put that lying bar steward in his place.

 
What a complete pr*ck. Very impressed Frank remained calm(ish) throughout and didn't swear at him. impresive self control, especially when that tw*t 'apologised' but swiftly followed it up with 'ive' hardly got it (the anniversary fo your mum's death) in my desktop calender.' Disgusting.

 
James O'Brian is now giving this argument some attention to get himself more famous by the looks.What a w**ker the bloke is! Give him a ring lofty?
A ring? I'd rather give the f**ker a set of brass knuckles. Or steel toe caps.

 
What a c**t.

Loft, Bluebeard, do your worst.

Well done for sticking up for yourself Lamps, unlike the other c**t Carjacker who offered the other radio dj out live on air.

SUPER FRANK!

PS, if anyone can get me this prick's email address I'd greatly appreciate it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I listened to the audio and I can say James O'Brian actually handles it pretty well - he admits he didn't know the facts and made it clear he was making general observations and comments, which were not necessarily directed at Franky. Moreover, he gives Frank the right to defend himself and acknowledges he was wrong in this particular case. He even calls him a "strong man" at the end.

But he is a complete and utter muppet for invading someone's privacy and commenting on it in the first place AND for defending that "right" as a part of democracy. What infuriates me to an even further extent is how he completely twists the truth in his post-show comments on the website.

 
I agree with you Virosh.

As a wannabe journalist myself I can understand that part of his job is to provoke people to call in and for him to offer a view that will provoke debate. But then I watched his interview on Sky News and the man just comes across as an insensitive and arrogant. Calling Frank 'weak' and 'scum' went too far.

The part that annoyed me most in his interview was when he tried to defend himself by asserting that journalists such as him and Kay Burley wouldn't know it was the anniversary of Pat's death. That's a very flimsy excuse, journalists are meant to know things like that; the bare minimum bit of research would have thrown that up.

As others have said, I think Frank handled himself very well. He showed self-control and got his point of view across without resorting to swearing or losing his temper.

 
OK, I listened to the audio and I can say James O'Brian actually handles it pretty well - he admits he didn't know the facts and made it clear he was making general observations and comments, which were not necessarily directed at Franky. Moreover, he gives Frank the right to defend himself and acknowledges he was wrong in this particular case. He even calls him a "strong man" at the end.But he is a complete and utter muppet for invading someone's privacy and commenting on it in the first place AND for defending that "right" as a part of democracy. What infuriates me to an even further extent is how he completely twists the truth in his post-show comments on the website.
Discussing a news story involving Lampard and making a general observation about men who do that being scum, the implications are obvious. These journos know exactly what they're doing.

Credit to Frank for phoning up to put him in his place, but all it's done is given O'Brien more attention and publicity than he deserves or has ever had before.

 
thats f**king shocking love 2 see him say that to frank face2face media r scum

 
And made an official complaint calling for his sacking. ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top