Greatest Commentary/Crowd reaction to a Chelsea goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTommo

First Team Regular
Messages
6,834
Reaction score
1,362
I was just thinking about it really. A combination of the commentator's reaction, plus the crowd cheering that gives you goosebumps whenever you watch it. Obviously, Didi's header is right up there.

A couple of others that stick out for me are Hazard and Torres' goals against Munich in the Supercup. As soon as the ball hits the net and both reactions erupt in unison is fantastic.



I'm certain this one left most of us with tears in our eyes.

What are you favourite goals that were made so much more magical through the reactions of the crowd and commentary?

 
Commentary, loved Neville's orgasm for Torres' goal and Martin Tyler after Drogba's penalty.

Crowd reaction, I wasn't there but Lampard's penalty must have been amazing.

Ba's goal against PSG was the best crowd reaction I can remember that I was at, or the Torres goal vs Man City last year.

 
Commentary:

Drogba's winning penalty in Munich - Martin Tyler "HE'S DONE IT"

Torres versus Barca - Gary Neville's orgasm

Drogba's header versus Arsenal - 2007 League Cup final - Alan Parry "Drogba's goes for itttttt!"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Moore on ITV back in the 70s and 80s was great and always good on Chelsea games. Martin Tyler was working then doing games in the Granada region ( that's Mersey side and Manchester games for you younger folk!!) his style was more reserved then. I think he learnt a lot from the master. Crowd reaction that comes to mind is Mark Hughes scoring against Vicenza to send us to Stockholm.

 
Brian Moore on ITV back in the 70s and 80s was great and always good on Chelsea games. Martin Tyler was working then doing games in the Granada region ( that's Mersey side and Manchester games for you younger folk!!) his style was more reserved then. I think he learnt a lot from the master. Crowd reaction that comes to mind is Mark Hughes scoring against Vicenza to send us to Stockholm.
Great shout on Hughes goal. Great atmosphere that night

 
Best I can remember was Peter Osgood scoring against Leeds in front of a Stretford End packed solid full of Chelsea fans (I was very lucky to be one of 'em), 1970 FA Cup Final replay.

 
I hate him now. But I loved Martin Tylers words after Drogba equalized.

Nevilles orgasm in the background made it even better, "Can you believe it, Chelsea... will just not... let go... of the Champions League"

That was a great line, it just summed up the whole CL, we were heart broken about 50 times that whole tournament but we would always pick ourselves back up somehow, we just didn't give up, no way we were letting go of that trophy, it was fantastic it really was. I love you Didier.

 
In all seriousness

This is the most I celebrated at a goal/game. Will always be my favourite Chelsea moment.

Having not beaten Arsenal in 17 games, never seeing us beat Arsenal, that made it sweet.

Arsenal thought they had won the tie before a ball had been kicked. It was really the turning point between the two club's fortune. Claudio's tears and seeing players celebrate with the fans without receiving a life ban is still beautiful to watch.

Also looking back. Arsenal probably would have won the competition if we hadn't beaten them in this game. Thank you Wayne.

 
In all seriousness

This is the most I celebrated at a goal/game. Will always be my favourite Chelsea moment.

Having not beaten Arsenal in 17 games, never seeing us beat Arsenal, that made it sweet.

Arsenal thought they had won the tie before a ball had been kicked. It was really the turning point between the two club's fortune. Claudio's tears and seeing players celebrate with the fans without receiving a life ban is still beautiful to watch.

Also looking back. Arsenal probably would have won the competition if we hadn't beaten them in this game. Thank you Wayne.
Plus all of the talk of the invincibles. Funny when you think about it, they went unbeaten in the league but got KOED from UCL by Da Chels. Also the beginning of when Chelsea became the #1 Club from London. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion now of who is the Top Side from London. Thank you Mr. Abramovich!!!

 
All great shout outs so far but this one is particularly special as Arsenal had been our bogey team for so many years at this stage. I don't think we had beaten them in any competitions since 1996 but correct me if I'm wrong about that. It felt like we were never going to beat them at this stage!

When Wayne Bridge scored that late goal I don't think I jumped up so much for a goal! I remember the arrogance of Arsenal fans heading into this match and to send them packing out of the UCL was brilliant and it proved that they weren't the invincibles they claimed to be in that season. Such a pity that we lost to AS Monaco in the Semis though but Jose's mob in FC Porto easily won the Final in the end and this may have been the catalyst along with his semi final victory against Manchester United in us going after him as our manager that summer. 

Strange feeling watching John Terry and Wayne Bridge embracing each other at the end knowing what would transpire six years later. 

 
Torres's first goal against West Ham.

Ba's goal against PSG.

Torres's goal against Barcelona.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top