If you could buy 1 'World Class Player' for Chelsea

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian M

Guest
...who would it be?

Because, with the likes of Sidwell on the way to warm the stands at Stamford Bridge, you've got to wonder if we're going to bring in anyone to take us to the next level. Or else just going to pick up 'bargains' (Like Adam & the Ants, 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' on vinyl. Which is nice to own, but hardly going to impress the Italian guy who owns a signed copy of 'Dark Side of the Moon'...)

To go from where we are (2nd in England, seasonal semi-finalists in the CL) to where we want to be (EPL and CL champions) we need players that will MAKE US BETTER. And given the quality in our team, that means buying someone who is 'World Class'. Not multiple 'world class' players, mind you. We don't want to become Madrid. But it's obvious from our results this season that we need SOMEONE who can make a real difference.

So...if you could buy one world class player, who would it be?

Me, I'm going to go for Eto. Unpopular choice I know, but I think whoever has Eto in the EPL will be like having the Henry of 5 years ago. Someone who will score goals for fun and terrorize defences. And his speed alongside Drogba's brawn?

YIKES.
icon_eek.gif


 
At the moment, I'd take Kaka in a heartbeat over anyone else. The guy is exactly what we need right now, a creative genius without the glamour and tricks of a Ronaldinho but the class and talent which equals Zidane. How old is he now??24/25. He could only get better. To be honest, if our midfield in 3/4 years time is: Mikel, Essien, Kaka I dont think anything can stop us from world dominance.
169.gif


 
I would have to agree on Kaka although I would be equally delighted with Messi.

Eto'o definitely not. Just for a second I shall pretend that my main objection to Eto'o is not that he is tosser and will present other reasons not to have him.

1. Bringing in another striker who will be off to the ACN next season is self defeating. We need to bring someone in who will be available when Drogba isn't. Next season will most probably be decided by a few points again and losing two strikers for a period of around 6 weeks or so could make the difference between first and second.

2. He is hardly well known for being a popular character in the dressing room. This Chelsea team is personified by an ability to not accepting defeat until the final whistle goes and to fighting to get results when the chips are down. Eto'o fits into that mould like G4 fits into waist 28 jeans. We don't need a disruptive influence.

And on top of that he accused one of our staffof abusing him racistly which was total fabrication (misunderstanding my rear end) - for that reason alone he is not bloody welcome.

 
I'd sign a centerback, you fill in the name, that's our biggest weakness at the moment.

 
I'd sign a centerback, you fill in the name, that's our biggest weakness at the moment.
Carragher been getting rave reviews recently.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif


In all honesty who are the best centre backs around at the moment that you would be happy to see play at the Bridge?

 
I'd sign a centerback, you fill in the name, that's our biggest weakness at the moment.
Carragher been getting rave reviews recently.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif


In all honesty who are the best centre backs around at the moment that you would be happy to see play at the Bridge?
Anyone better than Boularouz, that should be a lengthy list.
icon_wink.gif


 
As ive said before i think are starting line up is about as good as you can get so not a massive fan off buying the ready made supperstar!! veron, sheva,ballack, ashley cole

another point ive made in the past is that players who play well for one team dont really instantly fit another, ashly is a great example, our football is very different to arsenals, thus why he cant cross to save his life, looks average in our set up.. and thats an established prem player let alone ballalk.... and what about the 70 million quoted for adriano, who has forgoten what a goal looks like for a season and a half..

then you have the other side of the coin, ronnaldo while expensive was harldy world superstar but is now... joe cole had a lot to proove when he came in, gallas virtualy un heard of, lamps not even in the england squad... i could go on like this but you get the jist

i do get the feeling that some on here our all to eager to throw cash at the problem when it seems to cause more problems than the solutions.

We do need a couple of players, a back up center back and MAYBE a forward.

But ill play the game any way cos its fun... going to go with messi and tevez (although i woudnt put tevez in the world star catogory) but i would love to see messi in a chelsea shirt!!

 
Ronaldinho.

Go on, you know it makes sense.

-----------------Drogba

----Robben-------------------Cole

----------------Ronaldinho

-------Lamps----------------Essien

 
Ronaldinho.Go on, you know it makes sense.

-----------------Drogba

----Robben-------------------Cole

----------------Ronaldinho

-------Lamps----------------Essien
That's absolute rubbish. No sense at all.

Correction as follows:

-----------------Drogba

----Sidwell-------------------Diarra

----------------Messi

Ashley-------JT--------Essien---Ronaldinho

Much more balance there.

 
kaka. easy answer really. exactly what we missed this season with joe cole injured.

 
Longtime lurker. Just thinking...wouldn't you want to take a world-class player from a prem rival? Take CRonaldo from Man Utd and you'd put a big hole in their next season. Just a thought.

 
Ronaldo?

Why on earth would we want him? We will be back next season to take the title anyway, so long as those injuries dont happen again. It was hard enough seeing Ashley in Blue, could you imagine Ronaldo?

The guy is a quality player, but a c**t

 
ronaldo isn't really my kind of player, but I do think jose would like him. what I do like about him is that he does have character... seems a typical jose player- strong willed, and with a couple of VERY prominent attributes that (in jose's mind) compensate for a number of flaws/weaknesses.

I like kaka, I remember talking to barak and he wasn't then a fan, but his 10 CL goals have kind of brought him to attention on these shores. I like that he plays centrally, that is hugely important I feel, when looking for that special player who could truly improve the whole team- that he is a consistant link between the midfield and the striker(s). for that reason, I'd prefer him to ronaldinho, but the latter is the best i the world as far as I'm concerned.

positionally I don't feel we have anyone close to kaka- mikel, maybe but that's a stretch. whereas someone who can play wide and come inside to damage sides with dribbling and passing while not strictly controlling the tempo... we have joe and we have kalou, who both do that. certainly joe. and, while he isn't ronaldinho, you don't look at joe these days and think there's a weakness or an area we should look to improve.

 
Kaka would be nice but with so many central midfielders, do we really need another one? Of course he could be used as a forward and that wouldn't be so bad.

It's important for us to get a defender or perhaps a striker.

Cannavaro, Luca Toni, Makaay, Klose, Adriano?

 
ronaldo isn't really my kind of player, but I do think jose would like him. what I do like about him is that he does have character... seems a typical jose player- strong willed, and with a couple of VERY prominent attributes that (in jose's mind) compensate for a number of flaws/weaknesses.I like kaka, I remember talking to barak and he wasn't then a fan, but his 10 CL goals have kind of brought him to attention on these shores. I like that he plays centrally, that is hugely important I feel, when looking for that special player who could truly improve the whole team- that he is a consistant link between the midfield and the striker(s). for that reason, I'd prefer him to ronaldinho, but the latter is the best i the world as far as I'm concerned.

positionally I don't feel we have anyone close to kaka- mikel, maybe but that's a stretch. whereas someone who can play wide and come inside to damage sides with dribbling and passing while not strictly controlling the tempo... we have joe and we have kalou, who both do that. certainly joe. and, while he isn't ronaldinho, you don't look at joe these days and think there's a weakness or an area we should look to improve.
Ive actually been very impressed with kaka for the last two seasons now, my biggest problem with him is that i feard he would be bullied out of games like haman did in the second half against milan, thats not just a physical thing but a mental one as well, however last two seasons he has devloped physicaly seemes stronger and much quicker (some how) than he was to go with his undoubted skill, just messi is more my type of player if you like

 
I like messi too- he can pass the ball- intelligent footballer.

ronaldo is a great dribbler, very fast and has a strong shot... but you couldn't really see him looking for a through pass like kaka or playing a one-two like messi. I like smart footballers.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top