Lampard for life, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Scholes is rubbish? Not sure if trolling or just stupid? He's still a great player for man united. 
And on that, Lampard SHOULD be given a new contract. He's never relied on pace so getting slower won't stop him and he runs all game. I'm sorry but age is just a number to Frank. He has an incredible amount of natural fitness. Ryan Giggs is 39 and played 120 minutes against us in the league cup and still regularly plays. The impact he's had since he's come back was excellent. 

Even reports saying he's willing to take a 100k pay cut so he would be on 50k a week. 50k a week for Lampard. f**king bargain. John Obi Mikel has been given a 5 year contract and on that alone Frank should get at least 2 on a pay cut. 
Yes, I'm completely serious. In no way, shape or form is Paul Scholes a great player anymore.

Age isn't just a number. Perhaps it matters less to players like Lampard who don't rely as much on their physical tools, but everybody's body breaks down eventually.

If Lampard were willing to take 50k a year, I'd gladly have him back. I doubt any Chelsea fan would disagree with that. 

 
If the reports about frank being willing to take 100k pay cut to about 50k a week are true, and roman is still telling him to go.. I want roman to go, and this is not knee jerk, I appreciate what he's done for us, but this will be one f**king ridiculous decision too many for me. Experience is invaluable to a team, look at united, they don't punt scholes or giggs because they can still perform, as can lamps hence why he's dragged us out the sh*t so many times. He's willing to become one of the lowest earners to finish his career at Stamford bridge, no matter what happens, that says alot about the man. Sheer class. roman should take notes.

 
Lamps on 50k would be perfect for the club....

 
So we are ignoring lampards agent coming out and saying he never gave any interviews?

 
So we are ignoring lampards agent coming out and saying he never gave any interviews?
:7052005214646: Don't interrupt the rage...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
If Frank is willing to take a 100k pay cut, we as a club don't deserve a legend who's done so much for the club. Roman will never listen to the supporters on this one and it's obvious that Frank wants to stay. All I can say is I'm ashamed of the Chelsea board for allowing this to happen in the first place. For crying out loud give him a 2 year contract and a substantial pay-cut that he's willing to accept.

The same goes for Ashley Cole as well, but I believe Cole still has plenty to offer as well, and letting him go would be ludicrous. We certainly need to plan for the future, but at the same time you need the experienced players of the team to guide the youngsters along as well. 

 
JT kind of confirms Lamps will be gone at the end of the season on his instagram account... Gutted.

 
:7052005214646: Don't interrupt the rage...
Oh yeah, sorry. 

STUPID CLUB, WHAT ARE THEY DOING, THIS IS DEFINITELY TRUE BECAUSE ITALIAN RADIO SAID SO!!!!!!!

 
A_wIbB7CMAE3YKG.jpg


100K pay cut but Roman said no, all to 'get rid of the dressing room power'. Ridiculous. Worth more than 40-50K P/w to us for his influence alone. Could earn twice that elsewhere.

 
A_wIbB7CMAE3YKG.jpg

100K pay cut but Roman said no, all to 'get rid of the dressing room power'. Ridiculous. Worth more than 40-50K P/w to us for his influence alone. Could earn twice that elsewhere.
Thats not John Terrys account.

 
IF what is being said is true then it will be a sad day for us all. Roman has already shown this season that he doesnt care about what the fans want, sacking Robbie and then appointing the FSW was bad enough but to let the greatest player to play for Chelsea (imo) go so easily just shows complete disregard of what Chelsea fans all over the world want.

Roman cant be a Chelsea fan. He is only the Chelsea owner.

 
JT shouldn't really be sharing such things. The support for Frank will increase even more after all this, can't imagine our fans will let him go quietly, you fight for your own.

There is still time for minds to change, as I've said elsewhere the amount our younger players could learn from Frank & his work ethic... Priceless.

Listen to us for once, we want him to stay.

 
JT shouldn't really be sharing such things. The support for Frank will increase even more after all this, can't imagine our fans will let him go quietly, you fight for your own.
Re-read that, you may just get one of the possible reasons behind it.

 
That is John's real instagram account, 100% no doubt. I've been following it since he started it, and he posts plenty of family pics, injury pics from the gym etc

Images like this only help to confirm it:

37ea78c8439811e2b55e22000a9f09fb_6.jpg


Sad news about Lamps, hopefully he is trying to engineer a new contract for him and it works.

I can't see why both the club and player can't agree on a one year extension at least.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Despite what Petr Cech said the other day - which wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement - I've got a sneaking suspicion that several players are every bit as keen to see the back of the interim manager as the majority of supporters. I could elaborate, but I won't.

Think about it.

 
Please do elaborate  :laugh2:
What comments?
Petr Cech said something to the effect that Benitez was "here to help" but that it was down to the players to make things happen.

Should I elaborate? Ok I'll give you an example from the QPR game, have you ever seen Ivanovic so ready to shoot from distance? Which he did several times when there were clearly better options available. Not only that but every single one of those long shots of his finished well wide. Ok, I know there's more than a touch of wishful thinking here, and it could all well be down to Ivanovic being a bit of a twat, suffering a succession of brain farts, but I dearly would love to think that there was something deliberate there, a hint that "hey this is how the interim manager has got us playing... "

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top