Laurel and Hardy. Comedy Gold.



Laurel and Hardy - The Battle of the Century (1927) - The Pie Fight  

Directed by Clyde Bruckman, produced by Hal Roach (1927)

The film involved over 3,000 cream pies; its second reel was missing for decades until its rediscovery in 2015.

 


This Is Your Life (Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy) from 1954.

Never seen this before.

 
On 02/01/2019 at 11:22, erskblue said:


I can't decide whether or not to go and see the film. I've watched the trailers and it looks good but then again I'm not sure about seeing two actors play the roles  of probably the finest comedy double act of all time.

 
Other than Morecambe and Wise, obviously :)

 
I can't decide whether or not to go and see the film. I've watched the trailers and it looks good but then again I'm not sure about seeing two actors play the roles  of probably the finest comedy double act of all time.
I saw the premier and it was superb, by the time the film ends you've forgotten you were watching actors.

 
On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:31, coco said:

I first saw this a few years back now, couldn't stop laughing, everyone i show it has the same effect.


Just been watching this, cheers. :drinks:

 
Comedy genius!

Hard to pick a number one fav but the one in the sawmill is up there for me. 

The clip about the rent "is that the money that I gave to you to give to him" 

On the boat.

The Piano.

Just so many classic moments

I never rated Abbott and Costello who were also huge ply popular in their day. Just saw them as a poor mans Laurel and Hardy.

However, I was shown a scetch of theirs called Who's On First and it changed my opinion of them. Of course, of its time but silly and funny. 

50 cents and 2 tens for a 5 are also a good chuckle.

Not up there with Laurel and Hardy, but I can now at least appreciate why they were so popular.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Those fleeting moments where Oliver says nothing and just looks straight at the camera. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top