Laurel and Hardy. Comedy Gold.



The Dance Sequence in their film ‘Bonnie Scotland.’ I’ve posted this before, but still find it funny every time I watch it.😀

 
atoll-k-e1567515497750.jpg








 


 
Good to know others enjoy these two.😀
Very much so. Still one of the funniest comedy acts of all time. I first watched them when I was a kid and still enjoy watching them. This may have been posted before but if so worth posting again. One of the funniest films I've seen.




 
I’m pretty sure their films were on tv during the school summer holidays during the mid to late 1970s.

 
I’m pretty sure their films were on tv during the school summer holidays during the mid to late 1970s.
They were. I remember watching them back in the seventies. Great entertainment back in the day,

 
Boyne: Thanks for confirming they were on tv back then. 😀They were and still are great to watch. Remember being at their museum in Ullverston a few years ago. I could have stayed in it all day.😀Fascinating place to visit.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some trivia I recently picked up.

There were doubts that Stan Laurel was going to make it on the big screen as his pale blue eyes didn't register properly on the screen, an up and coming camera man found a way of getting around this. I wish I could remember the director's name yet he went on to become a good film producer.

On another point, a couple of days ago caught my father watching an old film, the Fighting Kentuckian with John Way and Oliver Hardy. I had to do a double take yet no mistaking that voice and he had an important part int  the film too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041361/

 
Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy in Sons of the Desert a.k.a. Fraternally Yours (Laurel & Hardy) Poster and Photo

Stan-Laurel-%2526-Oliver-Hardy-in-Sons-of-the-Desert-aka-Fraternally-Yours-Laurel-%2526-Hardy-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1024438__95952.1432424875.1280.1280.jpg


 
Back
Top