Le Arse vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also foreign but agreeing with your ratings!
icon_wink.gif


The spirit, power and the will to win in the second half was incredible.....Up the Chels!!!

 
Whatever has happened this season, today's second half performance made me proud to be a Chelsea fan. Sometimes, it's not just about winning - it's about losing with grit and determination. Those of us on here who have supported this club for years will all feel the same, I'm sure.

Roll on the FA Cup Final - KTBFFH

 
I dont agree with a lot of things said here.

We were soooo lucky to score the equalizer. Before we scored Arsenal played so much better and we were lucky not to go down 2-0 or even 3-0. After the goal we started playing with passion, but you have to play with passion when you dont want to lose.

 
I dont agree with a lot of things said here. We were soooo lucky to score the equalizer. Before we scored Arsenal played so much better and we were lucky not to go down 2-0 or even 3-0. After the goal we started playing with passion, but you have to play with passion when you dont want to lose.
icon_redface.gif


 
VERY proud of our boys today. Yes Germanblue we were given a bit of a run around in the 2nd half but we had 10 players for chrissakes against a team who keep the ball for fun yet we kept plugging away and very nearly won it. Lucky to score? Only my not wanting to be chucked off the site for good prevents me from responding to one of the most ridiculous comments ever to be posted here.

And Michael Essien proved to me I was right to vote for him as player of the season. Drogs goals may have got us pretty close to the greatest season ever to be had by an English team but Essien has been absolutely outstanding wherever he's been asked to play.

 
Could only watch the second half today, but was really pleased with the performance, if not the result.

What did Boula do to get the red? Anyone has a link to a video? I agree, that's its probably his last game for Chelsea.

 
he allowed a flick on from a long punt from lehmann to go over his head when he sould have cleared...baptista muscled him off the ball and was through on goal and boulha just brought him down in the area...last man, penalty, had to go...now he has to go!

 
Just to introduce a new thought here: Will we be giving 'them' a guard of honour on Wednesday, like they did for us? Much as it would gall me, it would be churlish not to, don't you think? I say accept defeat graciously and applaud United on Wednesday. And then let's kick their a***s!
icon_lol.gif


 
I dont agree with a lot of things said here. We were soooo lucky to score the equalizer. Before we scored Arsenal played so much better and we were lucky not to go down 2-0 or even 3-0. After the goal we started playing with passion, but you have to play with passion when you dont want to lose.
Arsenal were soooo lucky did not concede a second or third goal.

By the way german-blue, sometimes it is brave to be of a different opinion but you should know when to cut the crap.
icon_wink.gif


 
Just to introduce a new thought here: Will we be giving 'them' a guard of honour on Wednesday, like they did for us? Much as it would gall me, it would be churlish not to, don't you think? I say accept defeat graciously and applaud United on Wednesday. And then let's kick their a***s!
icon_lol.gif
It's not exactly a tradition, or is it? I'm not too sure. I thought Fergie just did it to rile his players up for next season.

 
Just to introduce a new thought here: Will we be giving 'them' a guard of honour on Wednesday, like they did for us? Much as it would gall me, it would be churlish not to, don't you think? I say accept defeat graciously and applaud United on Wednesday. And then let's kick their a***s!
icon_lol.gif
It's not exactly a tradition, or is it? I'm not too sure. I thought Fergie just did it to rile his players up for next season.
Perhaps - but Newcastle did it for us too, don't forget. Have precedents been set? And as I said in another thread, the Press may well be all over us again if we don't do it.

 
Absolutely outstanding second half effort. I really thought we would win it, to be honest.

I love Drogba, don't get me wrong...but the style we played with, particularly Kalou and Joe Cole being so active--it's just a night and day difference from the tactics on view in recent times. And it was brilliant to watch, and dammit if it didn't almost get us a victory (with 10 men).

Just thrilled with the desire in the team today, roll on Wembley!

 
Did you not do adolescence things when you was a adolescent? he only needs pointing in the right direction to become a true lifelong Chelseaite I am sure.

 
Absolutely outstanding second half effort. I really thought we would win it, to be honest.I love Drogba, don't get me wrong...but the style we played with, particularly Kalou and Joe Cole being so active--it's just a night and day difference from the tactics on view in recent times. And it was brilliant to watch, and dammit if it didn't almost get us a victory (with 10 men).

Just thrilled with the desire in the team today, roll on Wembley!
I agree Joel...even in first half when we weren't exactly putting Lehmann to work, we outpassed and outplayed arsenal and it was cos drogba wasn't there...now don't get me wrong...drogba has to play but the players should be told not to be lazy and hit the long ball when he is playing...we have proved on many occasions that we are a good footballing side when we want to be and we certainly are a better team when we get the ball down and pass it

 
Two years ago I cried when we sealed the title at Bolton, and last year I just had a grin from ear to ear when we stuffed Manyoo to finish it at the Bridge. This time around I'm not crying or grinning, but I'm the proudest man on the planet. We were fantastic today in every way. It was a triumph of desire, heart and willing over the sarcasm, criticism and sniping we've had to endure all season long.

That's why we're CHAMPIONS!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top