Great memories ddrblue ,i was wondering how you ended up supporting CFC living up in sunny Donny?
Being old i am in the “ we all f**k8ng hate leeds” camp .....I grew in a family where my mum came from just outside wakefield so all her side were dirty Leeds ,we lived down south so my trips to the norf were always fun,CFC pin badge to the fore when it was time to meet the family
i had a funeral up in leeds crem just before Christmas last ,down near elland road ,seemed strange
Re the petrol bomb train i was on that ,as were ,as you say hundreds of typical Chelsea ie all young lads ,majority casuals and the majority game ....the petrol bomber i believed committed suicide some time later ,the things you remember
anyway your right We had the whole side ,which was terraced and Were in the seats above as well,i cant remember any trouble outside to be fair ...funnily enough i was at Derby game when the seats got wrecked in the last minutes ,to my shame the papers had a picture of us behind the goal and im there with a deer stalker hat on,oh dear !
I cant say im happy to have them back ,horrible club still in my eyes, a tiny bit pleased for my mum but that is it
re the miners they did get a battering by old bill,i remember at the time arguing with my mates as they loved it but they didn’t really see,regards less of the politics, no pits meant the death of many communities ....
Always remember Leeds at Brum where the wall collapsed and the kiddy sadly died...That looked like carnage on TV
anyway Horrible club ha ha
The three Leeds lads that lobbed petrol bombs to our train ran straight into a local pub after throwing the petrol bombs .The landlord overheard them talking about it in his pub so I guess gobbing off about it > he called the police > the 3 lads got nicked and a crown court date followed > all three got sent down and one of the Leeds lads hung him sen in Preston prison .
recall sat in gate 13 at one chelsea v Leeds game ,and I clocked about 20 donnywhites who were all stood on away end as close to gate 13 part as possible > they soon clocked me and started shouting my name and pointing to us and waving as if I was a Leeds lad > quite a few chelsea round me could not work out what was going off and for my own interest I felt I better stand up and let all know that Leeds lot was trying to dig us out .
quite hairy for me at the time since I was from up north etc etc with a broad Yorkshire dialect ,but it all went ok .