Mass Effect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people liked Kotor they should check out the new Old republic game bioware are working on, howevers it's an MMORPG. I've had Mass effect 1 for a while now and havent bothered getting in too it so i may complete it soon then buy number 2. Dont want too go straight into number 2 not knowing what its about.

 
It finally came through the letterbox today. Been chomping at at the bit to play this for ages.

Unfortunately cant have a mega seassion on at as I'm at the Hull game tonight so will try not to get to into it.

 
So what's the verdict on this game? Recently came out for the PS3, been looking for something to get into, seems like a good candidate.

 
So what's the verdict on this game? Recently came out for the PS3, been looking for something to get into, seems like a good candidate.
Mass effect 1 and 2. Two of the best games I've ever played bar none. Cant wait for the 3rd one!

 
Mass effect 1 and 2. Two of the best games I've ever played bar none. Cant wait for the 3rd one!
Pretty sure Mass Effect 1 will never be out for PS3, but they added stuff to #2 to make up for it...I hope.

 
Pretty sure Mass Effect 1 will never be out for PS3, but they added stuff to #2 to make up for it...I hope.
I believe there's an interactive comic bundled for the ps3 players to get familiar with the ME1 storyline.

 
Mass effect 1 and 2. Two of the best games I've ever played bar none. Cant wait for the 3rd one!
Agreed, love these games and the 3rd one should be even better. Gonna be some belting games coming out this year..

 
Agreed, love these games and the 3rd one should be even better. Gonna be some belting games coming out this year..
Cheers. I will definitely have to get this game, just might wait a bit due to price. Ordered Bioshock2 the other day since it was only 15 bucks (I loved the atmosphere/story of the first one, that whole dystopian feel).

 
Finally got around to getting this.

Started off a little slow for me, but I think that might be because I had to start with the 2nd installment of it. Anyways, about halfway through the game and really liking it a lot, it's getting hard to put down!

 
Bought it in the steam sale the other day, spent most of this week playing it..seriously i've done nothing else..

Really good and I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't understand a lot of it though, as never played the first one, but still very good.

I don't know how much customisation your story line actually has in the end, but I:

== SPOILER BELOW ==

Ended up bedding Jack.

Miranda died at the end.

Didn't manage to save Kelly or the Engineers :-(

== END OF SPOILER ==

Will certainly purchase the 3rd installment when it comes out.

 
Theres loads of endings to it. Be sure to keep your game save, you will be able to import it into the next game to gain some bonuses from the start, and done of your decisions from me2 will effect me3.

 
Yeah I kept the save. Though I think in retrospect I should have chosen the start again with the same stats option, rather than carry on. Probing planets and doing little side missions is only fun for so long and I'd love to do it again but as a renegade and make a load of different choices and see what happens. Like picking Tali instead of Jack. That was a tough decision.

 
I played through twice, second time as a nasty git which was fun. The planet probing got very tedious though, hopefully they won't have it in the next one.

 
I played through twice, second time as a nasty git which was fun. The planet probing got very tedious though, hopefully they won't have it in the next one.
I am having great difficulty imagining you as a nasty git, dickywuh! That must have put an enormous strain on your acting skills! :smile:

 
Bought Mass Effect 1 on Steam the other day for £9.99 so I could start at the beginning and then use my character in ME2.

Then found ME1 in Game today for £2.99 :facepalm:

 
I can't decide whether or not I should replay this game before ME3 comes out, since I may have lost a team member along the way. Wish I knew how much of a role each character is going to play in the next one so I can judge if it'd be worth it or not.

 
I can't decide whether or not I should replay this game before ME3 comes out, since I may have lost a team member along the way. Wish I knew how much of a role each character is going to play in the next one so I can judge if it'd be worth it or not.
The demo gives you the option at the very start does it not Ace? I'm sure I read in another thread you'd played through it but I won't mention anything else in case you haven't.

P.S. I'm going to play through it again because I've forgotten most of what happened ha.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The demo gives you the option at the very start does it not Ace? I'm sure I read in another thread you'd played through it but I won't mention anything else in case you haven't.

P.S. I'm going to play through it again because I've forgotten most of what happened ha.
The demo gives you 3 options, as will the game. You can either play it as god intended, as a proper RPG, As a FPS or somewhere in the middle. Anyone who goes for the FPS should be made to sh*t cactus`s for the next 12 months.

 
The demo gives you 3 options, as will the game. You can either play it as god intended, as a proper RPG, As a FPS or somewhere in the middle. Anyone who goes for the FPS should be made to sh*t cactus`s for the next 12 months.
Would be rude not to play RPG for one of the best RPG series ever made!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top