Mass Effect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide whether or not I should replay this game before ME3 comes out, since I may have lost a team member along the way. Wish I knew how much of a role each character is going to play in the next one so I can judge if it'd be worth it or not.
I think the only place where you can lose characters is the suicide mission at the end, so you don't have to replay the whole game.

Though I would recommend it, I have three Shepards with different choices waiting for the epilogue ;)

 
The demo gives you 3 options, as will the game. You can either play it as god intended, as a proper RPG, As a FPS or somewhere in the middle. Anyone who goes for the FPS should be made to sh*t cactus`s for the next 12 months.
I think he meant the Virmire survivor question (lost many team members or lost Ashley or lost Kaidan). I think this probably will be there if you don't import a ME2 savegame. Though that would mean giving up one of the best things, seeing how your choices in the first two game effect the story.

 
Would be rude not to play RPG for one of the best RPG series ever made!
While the ME series is a great modern age game, it's far from the best RPGs. Those were made way back when all graphics were sh*tty so they had to write a good story for the game. Spectrum, C64, Amiga, XT, AT...

 
I think the only place where you can lose characters is the suicide mission at the end, so you don't have to replay the whole game.

Though I would recommend it, I have three Shepards with different choices waiting for the epilogue ;)
Yeah, but I couldn't find any other saves on my Paragon playthrough where I lost a member that would have let me keep the entire team. I ended up replaying the entire game as a Renegade and saved every member on that trip, so I'll have at least one playthrough with all of the ME2 characters.

 
Going to play this third one on PC so will have to get a 100 % Good game save from the internet!

 
I think he meant the Virmire survivor question (lost many team members or lost Ashley or lost Kaidan). I think this probably will be there if you don't import a ME2 savegame. Though that would mean giving up one of the best things, seeing how your choices in the first two game effect the story.
Yeah that's the one I meant undertow!

 
Is there any way to carry over the Paragon and Renegade stats from 1 save to another?

Because the first time I played through ME2 I couldn't solve the Miranda/Jack thing because my Paragon was so low, so I was hoping to start a new save afterwards and be able to do it, but it reset my stats again :/

 
Is there any way to carry over the Paragon and Renegade stats from 1 save to another?

Because the first time I played through ME2 I couldn't solve the Miranda/Jack thing because my Paragon was so low, so I was hoping to start a new save afterwards and be able to do it, but it reset my stats again :/
I did a Renegade playthrough and was able to get everyone loyal. Miranda/Jack is easily solved by a renegade option, so both remain loyal. Then for the Tali/Legion one, choose Tali's side. Immediately after, speak to Legion, and there should be a renegade choice that tells him you were lying to Tali, which regains his loyalty.

I've heard it's much harder to get everyone loyal as Paragon, and I was also surprised when I did my New Game+ that the Paragon/Renegade options didn't carry over.

 
It's quite easy both ways. You just have to delay the event until you're paragon/renegade points are sufficient and do side quests until that time.

 
I did a paragon and lost only Jack (I think). Quite looking forward to seeing how my decisions change the new game.

 
I tried doing a renegade save, but to be honest even in a game I find myself feeling very guilty if I take the renegade options :/

 
I tried doing a renegade save, but to be honest even in a game I find myself feeling very guilty if I take the renegade options :/
I have trouble doing that too. In fact, on my Renegade playthrough, even though I had planned on choosing Renegade every time, there were times where I couldn't be that big of a dick.

Most games with morality choices (Fallout, Bioshock, Infamous) I play as a good guy on my first time through, although I bet the majority of other players do as well. I was glad to see Skyrim not have a rigid morality system, made it easier to get through some quests.

 
Ah right, sorry about that, crossed wires etc.
Don't be daft dkw mate, no need to apoligise I should of probably been clearer on what I meant, memory just isn't great haha.

I have trouble doing that too. In fact, on my Renegade playthrough, even though I had planned on choosing Renegade every time, there were times where I couldn't be that big of a dick.

Most games with morality choices (Fallout, Bioshock, Infamous) I play as a good guy on my first time through, although I bet the majority of other players do as well. I was glad to see Skyrim not have a rigid morality system, made it easier to get through some quests.
I'm the same ace, that's one thing that bugs me about those kind of games, like you said on Bioshock, I could never bring myself to not save them.

 
Im the same, just cant play as a bad guy. Its daft isnt it :smile:

 
It's worth a try, a lot of times the actual phrase used by Shepard is not so blunt as the choice on the dialog wheel.

 
I just finished playing through the first one again yesterday, so that's me on to the second one. Hopefully get it done before the third is released, but making the relationship decision (If you've played it you'll know, if not I don't wanna spoil it!) on the first one took me about an hour. I hate having to make the hard choices on the game ha.

 
I couldn't play the first one. It didn't seem to have a crosshair for shooting, couldn't hit anything.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top