Milan to sign Ivanovic on free transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelgradeCFC

Warrior
Messages
2,177
Reaction score
370
La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the Rossoneri would be willing to sign Chelsea right-back / center Back Ivanovic, at the end of the season.

The player’s contract comes to an end in June, and talks about renewal have yet to start. Milan, who had Ivanovic already in their hands in 2008, will make an effort to reach his services at no costs.

The 26-year-old played 50 matches for The Blues since he joined them from Lokomotiv Moscow and he also has 35 official appearances with Serbia.

Milan are looking for a natural right-back, as Massimiliano Allegri is keen to reinforce the fullback positions in his team.

link

 
I guess thats the drawback of having so many world class players, you have to live with the non stop links!

 
I guess thats the drawback of having so many world class players, you have to live with the non stop links!
This is very true. And here's another one, possibly the year's daftest rumour:

Manchester City Plan Ambitious £44m Triple Brit Bid for Tottenham, Chelsea and Newcastle United Stars

The stars in question being Gareth Bale, Andy Carrroll and our very own Ashley Cole, who according to this story, is reported to be "still apparently unhappy with life at Stamford Bridge"

 
I could never see Ashley joining another EPL team. After all the abuse he has suffered from English fans he will know 9 out of 10 of his English supporters are also Chelsea fans. It would be like playing 38 national games a season for him, where his name is sung to the tune of "boo boo boo". Now another countries club might lure him, and it would be hard to blame him even though I think as a club we have shown him fantastic support on and off the pitch.

Gareth Bale would be a good target....I actually wonder if he might make the grade at Chelsea sometime

 
All is says is that Milan would be willing to sign Ivan on a free transfer. I'd imagine every football club on the planet would be willing to sign Ivan on a free transfer though.

 
All is says is that Milan would be willing to sign Ivan on a free transfer. I'd imagine every football club on the planet would be willing to sign Ivan on a free transfer though.
Not City.

Their slogan is "If it's not an over the top price, it's not worth getting". :rolleyes:

 
How time flies! I didn't realize his contract was up at the end of this season; did we sign him on a 3 year deal? That sounds familiar right enough.

I hope we end up offering him at least another 3 year contract extention. He's performed more than well enough wherever he's been played on the pitch to warrant a contract

 
Saw another rumor this morning that he is off to Juve to play with Krasic because they share the same agent. No link and I can't be bothered to look because it's all just rubbish. I doubt Ivan has even decided what he is going to do next season, it's amazing that the media thinks they know.

 
Two thoughts:

A. No way we would ever let him go, so just another funny rumour.

B. "Natural right back"? While he is obviously a great asset for us at RB, isn't he a natural centre back that can also play very well on the right side? :laugh2:

 
This guys class at Centre Back and Right Back, I reckon we'll get him on a new deal fairly soon.

 
It's easy to forget that Ivanovic was originally a central defender, and that he's actually been filling in at right back. Bosingwa is of course, a natural right back,. so logically Ivanovic should be able to revert to centre back. Whether or not things will actually work out that way remains to be seen, but with Alex currently out injured, Bosingwa still some way from match fitness, JT getting older, Ivan's ability to slot in either at right back or centre back makes him an extremely valuable asset.

 
It's easy to forget that Ivanovic was originally a central defender, and that he's actually been filling in at right back. Bosingwa is of course, a natural right back,. so logically Ivanovic should be able to revert to centre back. Whether or not things will actually work out that way remains to be seen, but with Alex currently out injured, Bosingwa still some way from match fitness, JT getting older, Ivan's ability to slot in either at right back or centre back makes him an extremely valuable asset.
I'm a bit curious as to whether he might also be able to play as left back. Would not be surprised if he could.

 
Saw another rumor this morning that he is off to Juve to play with Krasic because they share the same agent. No link and I can't be bothered to look because it's all just rubbish. I doubt Ivan has even decided what he is going to do next season, it's amazing that the media thinks they know.
I read it on www.chelsealive.pl

TOTAL RUBBISH! I am sure that Ivan wants to stay at the Bridge!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top