moi and milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that MJ was the more extravagant artiste in terms of stage shows and music videos, but Prince was a better musician and song-writer.

Still more biased towards Michael, however.

 
On Spotify, Jango, and various other places, as well as Morpheus, there are a huge number of Prince oddities and rarities as well.

I listened to them streaming and also had the Audacity to save them ;) - it's a lovely way to find out what you want to go out and actually buy. It came to about 5 full CDs worth

I'm not convinced about his newer stuff, though. I bought Emancipation and it was so-so, Musicology, i thought not quite that good even, and then 31-21 and the other free one were worth about what I paid for them.

Loved the documentary that DKW mentioned, even though it seemed to skip over some of the bets stuff fairly quickly. I've got a copy of the Black album on cassette that I'm trying to replace, but can't seem to find it out there. That said, I haven't looked for some time, so it might have even been released properly by now!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
f**k!!! You have the Black Album!!!????!!!!!????!!

Jeezus that sh*t is rare!!!!

Sorry for my over-reaction, but goddamn it, that's a good find there.

Good luck replacing it, however. Better off converting those tracks to mp3/FLAC.

Now gone back to my hard-rock roots with Collective Soul and Stone Temple Pilots.

 
LOL - It's on my list of cassettes to convert - bloody slow process, though! I expect that once it's digitised, I will have to store it on some download site or other, just to make sure that I don't lose it :)

I'll let you know!

 
Use something like Dropbox, I guess, and store them in different HDD's, and an iPod, if you have one.

I'd back that sh*t up like it was 2012, oh wai-.

XD

 
I think 30 pounds for an album as rare as that, from Prince himself, is good value.

Now if only i had a credit card.....

 
I saw Prince at Wembley Arena years ago and was bored sh*tless. I must have been the only one in there not doing the Mexican wave, Punk heritage you see.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top