MOTM vs Manchester United (A) (PL)

Man Of The Match

  • Petr Cech

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Branislav Ivanovic

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Gary Cahill

    Votes: 8 10.4%
  • John Terry (C)

    Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Ashley Cole

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Ramires

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Lampard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin De Bruyne

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oscar

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Eden Hazard

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Andre Schürrle

    Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Fernando Torres (Sub)

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • John Obi Mikel (Sub)

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Cesar Azpilicueta (Sub)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    77
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't vote either JT, Oscar, possibly Cahill, Ivan or Ash - you clearly didn't watch the game or you are a penis!

 
Oscar for me. Thought the whole defence played well but Oscar was the only one in attack who didn't lose the ball needlessly and could actually keep a hold of it to build up moves. Not to mention his movement in and around the box which lead to our only proper chances. 

 
JT

Large [part of Cech getting his 200th clean sheet

 
JT by a country... wait, someone has already taken that. Well then, JT by a long margin.

 
I voted for JT, but when I really thought about it I felt like there wasn't 1 player on either side that did a single thing that was overly impressive.

 
JT for me, still a class act on his day, special mentions for Cahill, Cole, Ivan, Cech and Oscar who impressed with his work rate and drive.

 
I thought zie german was all over the pitch - offense defense backline middle & frontline - plus he nutmegged some manure player on the right - I think it was Valencia - zie German got my vote

 
best player on the night was rooney by a mile...as for Chelsea, yep jt...solid as a rock

 
If you didn't vote either JT, Oscar, possibly Cahill, Ivan or Ash - you clearly didn't watch the game or you are a penis!
Watched the game with my son and we both thought Schurle did well considering, quick, always looking for the ball, chased back and tackled well especially in the first half when it seemed he was everywhere.

Defence definitely streets ahead of last season a good solid display but voted for young Schurle, if that makes me a cock so be it.

 
I thought Oscar was the most brilliant offensively in what was really more of a probing defensive affair

 
JT showed he is still arguably our best defender and had a very large part in making sure we finished the game with a clean sheet. 

 
Between JT and Cahill for me. They dovetailed beautifully and easily coped with the threat of Wellbeck and RVP and that is no mean feat. It has been a long, long time since we were that defensively compact, solid and organised for 90 minutes against top quality opposition.

Could have gone for either but plumped for Cahill as I feel he is a very underrated player and IMO took some rather unfair criticisms on these forums last season more, I felt, for the fact that he didn't have curly hair and wasn't Brazilian, rather than any obvious and repeated defensive frailties.

 
Oscar for me, I think he is doing everything asked of him all over the pitch, JT and Cahill very solid as well.

Thought the smack in the face put young De Bruyne off his game a bit which was a shame.
I thought JT looked very assured at the back.

With regards your comment about De Bryune, I  feel he is a player that can make more of a impact playing with a recognised striker but putting balls in the box and behind the defence. I wasn't a fan of the system played yesterday.

 
JT for sure. Jose builds from the back, so he would see it as mission accomplished I'm sure.

 
Between JT and Cahill for me. They dovetailed beautifully and easily coped with the threat of Wellbeck and RVP and that is no mean feat. It has been a long, long time since we were that defensively compact, solid and organised for 90 minutes against top quality opposition.

Could have gone for either but plumped for Cahill as I feel he is a very underrated player and IMO took some rather unfair criticisms on these forums last season more, I felt, for the fact that he didn't have curly hair and wasn't Brazilian, rather than any obvious and repeated defensive frailties.

My thoughts exactly

I think anyone in Munich would always respect Cahill and appreciate what he is capable of.

Great to see JT back in top form kicking his critcisers firmly in the nads.. they had a whole show on talksh*te a couple of weeks back subject : "The best all time premiership defenders" JT was mentioned in passing once for comparative purposes. Mind you it was that Durham bloke who also claimed last season that Lamps shoots too much. 

 
My thoughts exactly

I think anyone in Munich would always respect Cahill and appreciate what he is capable of.

Great to see JT back in top form kicking his critcisers firmly in the nads.. they had a whole show on talksh*te a couple of weeks back subject : "The best all time premiership defenders" JT was mentioned in passing once for comparative purposes. Mind you it was that Durham bloke who also claimed last season that Lamps shoots too much. 
Durham is a professional wind up merchant who says and writes things purely to rile people up.

JT was captain of the back four that has conceded the fewest amount of goals in a Premier League season, in my mind that makes him THE greatest defender of the Premier League because he captained the best defense.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top