My Chelsea Wishlist (Realistic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that they're lacking in talent that much really, it's just that we need a manager who isn't afraid to bring them through. RDM did that with Bertrand last year, entrusting him with the biggest game of the season. I think he could do it with others if given enough time and support.

 
Jelavic is not good enough for Chelsea, I say this as someone who wacthed him in the flesh for 18 months.

 
We have enough for the CL if we keep what we have or bring in Falcao. Jelavic aint been scoring regularly of late.

Huntelaar for the EPL would be decent but sadly no on will guatantee goals who will be available as teams tend to keep the ones banging them in unless you offer £50 million.

 
I think we could get Huntelaar fairly cheap, around £10 mill. But if we go for him, we may as well try to get Falcao first as they're both cup tied, but Falcao is better and younger.

I'd say, in January, we go for Falcao. If we can't get him then get Huntelaar. But I do think we need someone else for the CL. Someone like Long who has great movement inside the box, makes runs and has an awesome work rate. I think he's guaranteed to contribute his fair share of goals with our creative players supplying him. Jelavic/Long would not be a long term solution, just something to keep us going for the next 6 months while Lukaku is still developing. And they may turn out to be better than we think.

 
Falcao isn't cup tied (yet) as far as I know.

 
Well not sure about Long but having watched Jelavic at Rangers playing in Europe and against weak defenders he didn't perform to the level I'd think merited a move to Chelsea. Great first season at Everton but he is not back to playing the way he did before he left Rangers.

He is not particularly fast so he won't be out pacing anyone while misses a fair share of chances that come his way especially headers which he is dire at.

Long works hard but we need a goal scoring machine, not a work horse in a Kuyt mould.

 
Well not sure about Long but having watched Jelavic at Rangers playing in Europe and against weak defenders he didn't perform to the level I'd think merited a move to Chelsea. Great first season at Everton but he is not back to playing the way he did before he left Rangers.

He is not particularly fast so he won't be out pacing anyone while misses a fair share of chances that come his way especially headers which he is dire at.

Long works hard but we need a goal scoring machine, not a work horse in a Kuyt mould.
We do need a goal scoring machine, but I can't see anyone that we could get without spending sh*t loads and who isn't cup tied. The players I'm suggesting (other than Falcao/Huntelaar) are just to get us to summer so that we can actually get goals. To be honest, I still think Sturridge could do a good job for us up there, but I think someone like Long (who I'd prefer to Jelavic) is a decent shout. He'd score more than Torres with our creative players. I think Torres is a lost cause and we should get rid of him ASAP.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather play Danny than bring in a Long type player as I feel Danny is a better footballer who with time would be a better player than Long can ever be.

We don't have tome though and he's not willing to wait so other than Falcao I don't see many options?

There was talk of the young lad from Holland but again it's a risk, let's just hope the men in charge have it all sorterd...

 
I'd rather play Danny than bring in a Long type player as I feel Danny is a better footballer who with time would be a better player than Long can ever be.

We don't have tome though and he's not willing to wait so other than Falcao I don't see many options?

There was talk of the young lad from Holland but again it's a risk, let's just hope the men in charge have it all sorterd...
They must have something in mind. We cant stick with what we've got.

 
Get Falcao and we have enough strikers until the summer. Get some revenue in before speding more.

Summer also opes up every striker there is and we know what our budget can be.

Lewandowski

Doumbia

Huntelaar

Walcott

etc..

Saying that, what does everyone think of Walcott, what about a January move, 7M? Young, fast, can play up front or on the wing. Be a nuisance for opposition defenders coming off the bench especially.

 
You must be kididng right? Kalou is a better player than Walcott. It would be a total waste of money and squad space to bring him in.

 
Kalou and Walcott are on the same level IMO. Neither are close to good enough for our squad. Sturridge is better than both.

If we can't get Falcao by at least the summer then Lewandowski and Llorente would be good alternatives.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fallaini - YES

Hummels - YES

Baines - YES

Falcao - YES

I agree with what he said about Fellaini - he's strong and tall and proven in the league. We lack height and strength at the moment. Easily Everton's best player in recent history.

Hummels is class. As much as it pains me to admit it, Terry isn't going to soldier on forever. Any player from the German national team would be an excellent addition to any team in the world. He's young, too.

Baines isn't Cole, but Baines isn't bad either - and he's English. Bertrand isn't ready to fill Cole's boots yet and wont be for a couple more seasons. Baines in to replace Cole, who's probably too greedy to sign a contract extension, and keep introducing Bertrand in games like this season to aid his development.

Falcao has to be top priority, for obvious reasons.

Neymar is going to either Madrid or Barcelona, because they can and will pay the silly money to get him and he's more suited to the Spanish game. Forster and Ince just aren't needed. Huntelaar would be nice as a short term solution.

 
I never made a wishlist, but the only name it would have included would have been Falcao.

Now I can scrap that...I just want a club which doesn't treat every manager like a piece of sh*t they stood in.

 
My wishlist is cheap and simple:

We re-sign Roberto Di Matteo, complete with a grovelling apology and a centre forward who isn't a total f**king embarrassment for his entire career at the club.

 
A manager who's given time to work. Building a team takes 3 years minimum.Also a fair chance for all youngsters we bougth the last 2-3 years.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top