My Chelsea Wishlist (Realistic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you think he will play Frank when he comes back (I think it's inevitable he will come back in with Terry)?

Who will he drop from Rambo and Mikel? (If we are playing in the same formation)

 
"either we don't need players in their position"

Yet you would buy Hummels when we have 4 people who can play Cb and many young Cb's on loan? You also realize that Falcao and Hummels would cost a total of at least 75M? And to put him beside Luiz would be suicide..

Fellaini is a versatile player. There have been moments this season where we have been lacking size and strength going forward, it's blatantly obvious  he adds just that. Doesn't need to be a nailed on starter. Rotation can be used remember..

As for the strikers, we don't need the best in the world, and with us in the Europa league, we can't exactly afford the best in the world. Why spend 50 when players can be got for ten? Huntelaar got 29 in 32 last year. He's exactly the type of poacher we need..
I'm assuming theres a good chance JT will be leaving at the end of next season when his contract expires and he'll be close to 34. That will leave us with two proper centre backs, and Iva who is usually deployed as an RB who can obviously also be used at CB, but that would then leave us with only one right back (assumeing Ferreira will also be gone by the end of next season).

So yes, I think we should have more than 2 top centre backs. Look at United and City, they have at least 4 CB's each that they can rely on to start, and Luiz and Cahill have both already picked up their share of injuries since moving here.

Not to mention the fact that many people still don't trust Luiz at CB, and Rafa has already showed that hes contemplating giving him gametime further up the field.

I rate Fellaini and no doubt he'd be a great signing for us, I feel like we have been missing that element of power and drive in our squad this season, and really have been lacking it in the midfield since Ballack left and Essien became a shadow of his former self. That being said if he was to fit into the team, surely it would be at the expense of Mikel, as I don't see him pushing our trio out of the team, nor ramires. But the problem with that is that both Ramires and Fellaini will want to be getting up the field on and off the ball, we need a proper holding player if we're playing the 4-2-3-1, particularly if Ash and Azpi are getting up the field, or we'll be horribly exposed. That is why I think he's not the player we need, but hey since when have we bought players we actually need.

And I agree the striker doesn't have to be the best in the world, I said Falcao because the OP recommended him, and he's been recommended with us a lot in the last year or so. Theres plenty of options we could probably get for half the price, the likes of Ba, Higuain, Llorente and Pato come to mind, but considering money isn't really an obstacle for our club I don't see why RA would be particularly bothered about saving 15-20 million if it means purchasing a striker head and shoulders above anyone else in the world right now.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming theres a good chance JT will be leaving at the end of next season when his contract expires and he'll be close to 34. That will leave us with two proper centre backs, and Iva who is usually deployed as an RB who can obviously also be used at CB, but that would then leave us with only one right back (assumeing Ferreira will also be gone by the end of next season).

So yes, I think we should have more than 2 top centre backs. Look at United and City, they have at least 4 CB's each that they can rely on to start, and Luiz and Cahill have both already picked up their share of injuries since moving here.

Not to mention the fact that many people still don't trust Luiz at CB, and Rafa has already showed that hes contemplating giving him gametime further up the field.

I rate Fellaini and no doubt he'd be a great signing for us, I feel like we have been missing that element of power and drive in our squad this season, and really have been lacking it in the midfield since Ballack left and Essien became a shadow of his former self. That being said if he was to fit into the team, surely it would be at the expense of Mikel, as I don't see him pushing our trio out of the team, nor ramires. But the problem with that is that both Ramires and Fellaini will want to be getting up the field on and off the ball, we need a proper holding player if we're playing the 4-2-3-1, particularly if Ash and Azpi are getting up the field, or we'll be horribly exposed. That is why I think he's not the player we need, but hey since when have we bought players we actually need.

And I agree the striker doesn't have to be the best in the world, I said Falcao because the OP recommended him, and he's been recommended with us a lot in the last year or so. Theres plenty of options we could probably get for half the price, the likes of Ba, Higuain, Llorente and Pato come to mind, but considering money isn't really an obstacle for our club I don't see why RA would be particularly bothered about saving 15-20 million if it means purchasing a striker head and shoulders above anyone else in the world right now.
They surely it's worth the wait until 2014 to buy a new CB? When there will wporbably be cheaper options than Hummels, who like Luiz is no stranger to prancing up field. That's hardly the player we need when ' many people still don't trust Luiz at CB'. And you think because he played 17 minutes in midfield Rafa will use him there more? 17 minutes in which he got a needless booking while Lampard is out injured. I fail to see how you draw a conclusion to how Rafa is 'contemplating giving him game time further up the field'.

As to Fellaini, no one has to be 'dropped' regularly  Like I said, in a form of rotation with other players, he'd no doubt get enough game time to satisfy. Also he doesn't have to be reserved only for the pivot, he's been excellent going forward this season, and against strong, physical teams our 'trio' can't be less than amazing, as they can't win the ball from Kick outs or longer balls, where the opposition crowd the midfield. We have no option for the forward line once that happens, not unless we buy a target man up front, which I doubt we will, since we're playing this technically style of football. I also fail to see how he couldn't push Ramires out of our team. He's hardly been the stand out performer, he's not been poor, but he's still not irreplaceable. Fellaini/Mikel partnership would be one I would hate to come up against. Also wasn't he mainly a deeper player up until this season? And Everton were hardly exposed with him playing there. Like I said he's versatile, he's a professional footballer, if he can't follow instructions to not bomb forward at every chance given he's not worth 80K a week now is he? You say he's not what we need yet you also say he'd be a great signing and adds exactly what we need in terms of 'power and 'drive'. Like I previously stated, he adds exactly what we need, but he's not hte only choices, there are other players, like him who adds this, but he's is the the proven version, a high quality one at that.

As injury prone as Ba is, Pato is 10X worse. He's usually out for 10 months, plays 2 games and is out for another 8 months then after falling over. A fit Pato would be a great player for us, but a fit Pato is a rare thing indeed.

Money is an obstacle  unless you haven't noticed, Uefa brought in FFP, and since we're now out of the UCL we're down significantly on last years revenue, where we barely broke even without adding in the 80M of transfers we made in the summer.

 
I'm assuming theres a good chance JT will be leaving at the end of next season when his contract expires and he'll be close to 34. That will leave us with two proper centre backs, and Iva who is usually deployed as an RB who can obviously also be used at CB, but that would then leave us with only one right back (assumeing Ferreira will also be gone by the end of next season).

So yes, I think we should have more than 2 top centre backs. Look at United and City, they have at least 4 CB's each that they can rely on to start, and Luiz and Cahill have both already picked up their share of injuries since moving here.

Not to mention the fact that many people still don't trust Luiz at CB, and Rafa has already showed that hes contemplating giving him gametime further up the field.

I rate Fellaini and no doubt he'd be a great signing for us, I feel like we have been missing that element of power and drive in our squad this season, and really have been lacking it in the midfield since Ballack left and Essien became a shadow of his former self. That being said if he was to fit into the team, surely it would be at the expense of Mikel, as I don't see him pushing our trio out of the team, nor ramires. But the problem with that is that both Ramires and Fellaini will want to be getting up the field on and off the ball, we need a proper holding player if we're playing the 4-2-3-1, particularly if Ash and Azpi are getting up the field, or we'll be horribly exposed. That is why I think he's not the player we need, but hey since when have we bought players we actually need.

And I agree the striker doesn't have to be the best in the world, I said Falcao because the OP recommended him, and he's been recommended with us a lot in the last year or so. Theres plenty of options we could probably get for half the price, the likes of Ba, Higuain, Llorente and Pato come to mind, but considering money isn't really an obstacle for our club I don't see why RA would be particularly bothered about saving 15-20 million if it means purchasing a striker head and shoulders above anyone else in the world right now.
They're professional footballers, they'll know when to stay back and when to bomb forward. I saw Ramires doing it just last night in fact when Lampard came on. Both can tackle and both can go forward, a true 'pivot'. My ideal pivot would be a box to box player (Ramires) and a deep lying passer (Josh, KDB) though.

Having said that, I would rather not buy Fellaini at all as he seems to work much better in an advanced role, can be a little too rash in the tackle when playing deeper.

 
Baines is 28 is he not? I like the look of Luke Shaw his performance against Reading the other week was excellent especially for a 17 year old. Oczipka and Rodriguez from the Bundesliga also look good LB's.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top