My national team are sh*te, so this WC I am watching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As things stand, Germany. Unless we can mount a super-human comeback... but that isn't likely.

 
I'm half Belgian so I can support the Belgium national team without seeming like I'm jumping on the bandwagon ;)
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26149673

^ Hodgson rules out a return to the England side for JT, I look forward to Uruguay and Italy pissing on our defence from a great height.
Whatever you do never read the comments. It reads like Terry was begging to come back after the FA never fell for his bluff and Hodgson is telling him no. It's so hilariously inaccurate it borders on painful.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I always back the Dutch when England go out.. comes from idolising the Milan trio as a kid.. and winter and kouman in for good measure.. they should have won it 4 years ago But blew it and I can't see them getting close now....

So Belgium it js

 
I'm glad JT hasn't been recalled. 

He's vilified in the media too much, this season he's managed to stay under the radar and it's been a nice break not to keep seeing his name mentioned in a negative way. 

 
I honestly don't even want England to win the World Cup, the Stevie me love in would be too much for me to handle.

 
I honestly don't even want England to win the World Cup, the Stevie me love in would be too much for me to handle.
England winning the world cup with Gerrard in midfield? :laugh2: Insanity is trying the same things and hoping for a different result, when will these idiots (england managers) ever learn.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
People are talking about Brazil and Germany being favourites but no other squad comes even close to the quality of Spain's, they have by far the best players and it is theirs to lose. The midfield and striking options are outrageously good. 

 
People are talking about Brazil and Germany being favourites but no other squad comes even close to the quality of Spain's, they have by far the best players and it is theirs to lose. The midfield and striking options are outrageously good. 
Brazil ripped Spain apart in the confederations cup final. Yes it's no World Cup, but from what i saw both teams were going all out to win it.

Brazil playing in their own country is a big bonus.

 
I honestly don't even want England to win the World Cup, the Stevie me love in would be too much for me to handle.
I don't care who is captaining the side, if England won the World cup i would go nuts.

I think Diego Costa is an absolute prick, but if he comes to Chelsea and he was made captain i wouldn't suddenly want Cheslea to fail.

 
I would just love it if England won the World Cup playing Catenaccio/Parking the bus/ A 'Chelsea' or whatever it is called these days. Imagine all the pundits/fans/journos who slagged us off having to eat a big wallop of humble pie as they bask in the glory.

Never going to happen, but we can dream.

Honestly, I am just hoping for a good tournament.

 
I would just love it if England won the World Cup playing Catenaccio/Parking the bus/ A 'Chelsea' or whatever it is called these days. Imagine all the pundits/fans/journos who slagged us off having to eat a big wallop of humble pie as they bask in the glory.

Never going to happen, but we can dream.
Yep, never going to happen. We're crap at penalties and we don't have the drog up front. I honestly can't stop thinking about that goal sometimes, as soon as Chelsea won the corner in the last minute, I just KNEW Drogba would equalize, and he did it with a thundering header. What a legend. Had me jumping up and down at home and I'm not even a Chelsea fan. You just gotta love Drogba.

 
Well the Greece blueprint over the Chelsea blueprint represent our best chance of success in the upcoming tournament.

 
I know there are rules on how every continent and culture should be represented at the world cup but it pains me that countries like Iran,Honduras and Bosnia will be represented at the world cup (and all knocked out at bottom of their group) whilst Ibrahimovic will be sitting at home watching it. Im not ignorant, I know the world cup to these lesser countries are huge in terms of their football development (some would call England a lesser country) but it is a shame

 
I know there are rules on how every continent and culture should be represented at the world cup but it pains me that countries like Iran,Honduras and Bosnia will be represented at the world cup (and all knocked out at bottom of their group) whilst Ibrahimovic will be sitting at home watching it. Im not ignorant, I know the world cup to these lesser countries are huge in terms of their football development (some would call England a lesser country) but it is a shame
Well Bosnia went through in European qualifying so really not too much to complain about on that front. Europe is one of the easiest confederation to qualify from in some respects, especially compared to South America and Africa. Unfortunately for Sweden, they had their chances and blew them.

I can see your point about weak teams from Asia, North America and Africa taking up too many places, but I think on balance it is about right. Europe has almost half the tournament and South America will have a record number of participants this time around. The places for Europe and South America won't be reduced so the only way to get more representation from the other confederations is to increase the size of the tournament. Something which is conceivable but would damage the tournament significantly.

This World Cup, most of the best teams qualified from each confederation. The three teams you named are the weakest relatively, but the weaker teams can still have a big say. For example Algeria prevented England from winning the group in 2010, which proved extremely damaging.

We are pretty lucky this tournament about the lack of dross teams and the competitive fixtures we have due to the draw

 
I would just love it if England won the World Cup playing Catenaccio/Parking the bus/ A 'Chelsea' or whatever it is called these days. Imagine all the pundits/fans/journos who slagged us off having to eat a big wallop of humble pie as they bask in the glory.

Never going to happen, but we can dream.

Honestly, I am just hoping for a good tournament.
Fair enough I take my prior comment back, provided that we won the world cup parking the bus, I think I could just about be delighted with that.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top