My team for next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we could do with a right back, central defence is as good as any. If Ash stays then Bertrand as back up with a view to replacing him in the near future is fine by me. I think Courtois will be Cech replacement so dont think its worth bringing him back to sit on the bench while he is doing so well with Madrid. A creative central midfielder and winger would be nice, hopefully KDB gets a chance and if Drogba goes then obviously a replacement.

RB: Alvaro Pereira...

CM: Nicolas Gaitan, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Adam Johnson, Jesus Navas.....

CF: Edinson Cavani...
Liking the above - never heard of Jesus of Navaserath tho, I'll look him up...

 
I would be insanely happy if we signed Muniain, but I don't see it.

Lucas too for that matter...but again, skeptical about the likelihood of us signing either of them

 
My team for next season would be

------------------Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz/Cahill, Terry, Cole

-------J.Martinez, Lampard

-----Ramires, Mata, Muniain

-----------------Torres

KDB will take over from Lampard after next season, Marin used as back up for any position behind Torres
Where do you propose we put McEachran if we have KDB take over Lampard's place? Also where's the width? You were going on in the hulk thread about him providing no width but your wingers here are a player who cuts inside to dictate play and a player who can run at speed but can't cross (and is most suited to midfield)

 
Where do you propose we put McEachran if we have KDB take over Lampard's place? Also where's the width? You were going on in the hulk thread about him providing no width but your wingers here are a player who cuts inside to dictate play and a player who can run at speed but can't cross (and is most suited to midfield)
McEachran needs to be loaned out again to get some confidence. He's not going to improve in the reserves or sitting on the bench.

I never said anything about width. Hulk doesn't defend enough to fit into my formation (added to the fact I don't think he'd be good enough in an attacking sense either). My belief is that we don't have intelligent footballers, which are more important than players who will stand in a certain position. We only have Mata who can utilise space behind midfields. if we have 2 quality holding midfielders, we can have 3 attacking midfielders. I'm not bothered about how wide they usually play. Intelligence and the ability to play at a high tempo are the most important things. By intelligence I mean someone who will use spaces well and can link up play between defence and attack. Those 3 players in my formation are all equally comfortable in the middle or on the touchline.

 
I think there is a good chance that we're going to have to involve Hulk in these discussions soon.

I've seen it from multiple accounts on twitter (Chelsea rumours and various journalists) that we are in very advanced talks over signing him. Obviously I'm no insider, but what I will say is that two of these same people predicted that we would sign Torres a week before we did last year, and 5 days before there was anything in the news, and they have proven in other situations to be reliable. They also said that it won't happen for a little while because Hulk is on holiday right now but it all seems promising.

If this is all accurate, I just hope we don't pay over the top for him.
Who are your sources on Twitter Cody?

 
Why can't we give younger players like De Bruyne (though he turns 21 soon, so it's not like he's a little kid) a chance? I'm not sure, but I bet more or less every team in the league has atleast one or two young player who gets to play. Only one we've really given a chance is Romeu - who by the way is the same age as De Bruyne. He did okay at first, but then faded (perhaps due to his injury and lack of playing).

It's not like we bring De Bruyne in to be a starter and someone we expect to carry the team. Let's have keep him and give him a few chances so as to get used to this league and evolve here. If things doesn't work out, then send him out on loan in january.

I feel that we really underestimate young players. Yes, some doesn't cope, but we've seen some do well. Josh was good when he got a chance (last season, was it?), Romeu was okay, Bertrand has done a solid job lately and Sturridge started really well. Those two last ones aren't that young perhaps though.

Nice to see someone like Piazon atleast get to be on the bench. It's one step in the right direction. I hope that the manager we have next season is someone who isn't afraid to use youngsters. I know the pressure is high on our manager to have success and that might make him want to play it safe with tried and tested players, but one can only hope. And maybe if we win the Champions League it will take some of the pressure off. We have then won everything (I think).

 
I think we need to get our signings done real early this year as once euros if off you no city will buy who they like.

Get the team together so they all go preseason together, would make a big difference to the start of the season for us.

Neymar if only but would love him

Hazard

Maybe perrera.

 
Agreed, if a player does well at the Euros (and you always get a relatively unknown player looking good in big tournaments) their price goes up loads, so please lets get the business done sooner rather than later. I'm thinking Schurrle specifically here. Though we've never been ones to sign a player quickly before interest flares up... see Mata (we paid £6m more than his buyout clause a week or so after it expired...)

Re: Hazard, don't think he's coming I'm afraid - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/15/manchester-eden-hazard-city-united?newsfeed=true

As for Perrera - do you think we should be buying a new RB or should we play Ivanovic there and give Kane a couple of games and let him make the position his as we're doing with Bertrand on the left?

 
Sure do Echo the above,let us un earth a 'papa cisse',the Euros will shaft us if we leave it till after,really need the Xavi type to knit it all together,get your thinking caps on,No Hazzard or Modric pls..;-)

 
Liking the above - never heard of Jesus of Navaserath tho, I'll look him up...
He plays for Sevilla, i have watched a fair bit of Spanish footy over the years and he always caught my eye. Really quick and direct, plays on the right but can switch to the left. Also i think he would be a realistic target!!

 
Would love it if Drogba could, maybe. I totally agree that Messi is an astonishing player, however, I don't think I'd like to see him wearing my beloved blue's t-shirt, and I hate Ronaldo so big no-no to him.

Hmmm what ever happened to shirts v skins.. :Chelseaoldbadge:
Why not messi? I like the way he carries himself too, gets up and carries on when players foul him/try to break his legs, doesn't dive very often, (all players dive) only thing is reports of him calling Drenthe a negro back in spain have emerged...

Think we could do with a right back, central defence is as good as any. If Ash stays then Bertrand as back up with a view to replacing him in the near future is fine by me. I think Courtois will be Cech replacement so dont think its worth bringing him back to sit on the bench while he is doing so well with Madrid. A creative central midfielder and winger would be nice, hopefully KDB gets a chance and if Drogba goes then obviously a replacement.

RB: Alvaro Pereira...

CM: Nicolas Gaitan, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Adam Johnson, Jesus Navas.....

CF: Edinson Cavani...
Why do people think we need to buy another striker when Drog leaves? Not singling you out here mate, just keep seeing people say that we need higuain, cavani or even their dog to replace Drogba. Another striker needs to be brought in only if we flog Torres imo, no point in keeping him and having another top striker when we have 2 great young ones on the bench and another youngster (or two) coming through the academy in the next 2-3 years

 
I would be insanely happy if we signed Muniain, but I don't see it.

Lucas too for that matter...but again, skeptical about the likelihood of us signing either of them
Yeah I was being a bit dream teamish, I'd swap Lucas for Josh and Muniain for Danny or KDB if I'm being realistic!

 
Cech

Ivanovic/ - Cahill/Luiz - Terry - Cole/Bertrand

Romeu/Mikel - Lampard

Mata

Hulk - Torres - Marin

 
Not too many have mentioned De Bruyne, looks a good prospect to me, certainly no worse than Malouda/Kalou.........

 
can't see modric or hazard happening now anyway...isn't perreira a left back...don't think we need him with ryan progressing well as back-up to ashley...we need a new centre forward (as didier is probably going) and more creative midfielders/wingers...also a replacement for essien is required sadly

 
It would also be nice for curiosity sake to have the silly season done as soon as possible

 
He plays for Sevilla, i have watched a fair bit of Spanish footy over the years and he always caught my eye. Really quick and direct, plays on the right but can switch to the left. Also i think he would be a realistic target!!
I'm pretty sure we agreed a fee with Sevilla for Jesus Navas a couple of years ago and the deal never happened because he suffers from home sickness.

 
Why do people think we need to buy another striker when Drog leaves? Not singling you out here mate, just keep seeing people say that we need higuain, cavani or even their dog to replace Drogba. Another striker needs to be brought in only if we flog Torres imo, no point in keeping him and having another top striker when we have 2 great young ones on the bench and another youngster (or two) coming through the academy in the next 2-3 years

Personally mate i think if we want to compete for top domestic and european honours then we need top quality options. If Drogba leaves and Lukaku goes out on loan, which i think he should as i dont think he is ready just yet; your left with Torres and Sturridge which for me anyway isnt enough.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top