You better believe it.Blimey (as they say in London, I believe) education must be really crap in the US!
I knew about the soft boiled egg, I just also happen to know that coque also means hull, as in on a ship. It was an (admittedly rather weak) attempt at a play on words. However I actually wasn't aware of the other meanings for 'petit'. I shall bear this in mind, I'm sure it could come in useful... Probably not."Petit" in French often has nothing to do with size - it's more like "cute" or "sweet" - people will offer you "un petit whisky", like in Scotland we say "a wee dram" and the level in the glass is anything but petit/wee."Un oeuf à la coque" is a soft-boiled egg!
Take the piss? Toi? You are almost as unlikely to do that as moi is (or am?)
If you say so, it must be so! Is that your wee boy in your avatar? He is adorable!You better believe it.
That's him, at the Shed End, wearing his Frank Lampard shirt. He's always a hit with the ladies...If you say so, it must be so! Is that your wee boy in your avatar? He is adorable!
Is he settling in OK at school in London? I bet the girls at school love his American accent!That's him, at the Shed End, wearing his Frank Lampard shirt. He's always a hit with the ladies...![]()
You know, I could be anal and point you here: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/FITC2Details...1462383,00.html, but no worries, I get it.I corrected your spelling mistake A big welcome to the UK and the forum to your family, I can see your son has a bright future, his choice is impecable![]()
Thanks for asking. Y'know, it's weird, but when we first came to London, he went through a phase of trying to copy the local accent, which made him sound like Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins" - hillarious! He's stopped that fairly soon and is settled down now, doing very well at Maths and Footie...Is he settling in OK at school in London? I bet the girls at school love his American accent!
...and the answer is? ~WelcomeI'd just like to say it took me a while to figure out what your name was. At first I thought it was "dvder" as in "DVD'er" and in a fan of DVD's or something, but I've figured it out now
![]()
I assumed it was Darth Vader, but I could be wrong....and the answer is? ~![]()
It cracks my son up time and time again when I dress up as the man at Halloween and tell him "I'm your father".I assumed it was Darth Vader, but I could be wrong.![]()
.. and you will be posting a photo of this on 31st October, please?It cracks my son up time and time again when I dress up as the man at Halloween and tell him "I'm your father".
Sure, why not..... and you will be posting a photo of this on 31st October, please?
He he...I'll remind you!