No Cavani, No Lewandowski, then which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griezmann getting any serious looks from people around here?
Griezmann is a winger with finishing much like Schurle, would be an awesome buy and prob put salah out of a place, but wouldn't solve our attacking problem. To be fair though, if we bought griezmann and played 4-3-3, we'd have lukaku down the middle with hazard one side and griezmann or Schurle the other, with Oscar or willian spear heading the midfield I'd say there is easily enough goal threat there. My thought is you'd need someone good but also happy to play 2nd fiddle to lukaku. How about this, Torres stays one more year and Bamford comes back off loan to work with the team and pick up a few mins here and there, will eventually step up to number 2 when Torres leaves and hopefully turn out awesome.

 
Lukaku - I'm not convinced he's ready to lead the line for us. He's a good finisher but his overall link-up play needs a lot of work for me, a lot of the time he seems to be quite ponderous on the ball. However, I'd be happy for him to come back next season as a backup to a true, world-class centre forward. I'm not sure Lukaku would be happy to do that, though. He's still only 20 years old though and has plenty of time on his side.

RVP - No, no and no again. He's made of glass, he's 30 and he's a pr*ck. I think his best days have come and gone.

Diego Costa - Looking the most likely at this stage, I don't watch La Liga much so not really qualified to comment. Heard that he's the complete package though, apparently a bit of a cheat though?

Cavani - I'm still holding out hope that we can pull off a mega coup for Cavani. If it means Luiz or Ivanovic goes in the opposite direction, then I feel that's a sacrifice that would be worth making. I like the former, I really like the latter, but Cavani is awesome and would fit us so well.

 
Really has to be Costa doesn't it?  I haven't watched much of him leading the line, but you can't argue with 21 goals in 26 games, a rate rivalled only by Ronaldo at the moment.  After doing some research on him, quite a few people seem to rate him higher than Falcao because of how much he contributes alongside his prolific goalscoring.  If we can secure him for the 30m range I think we'll have finally found our Drogba replacement.

 
What happens if JM sticks with lukaku and Torres and lets Ba go, piazon is coming back and maybe he will wait until January 15 to go in for someone?

 
What happens if JM sticks with lukaku and Torres and lets Ba go, piazon is coming back and maybe he will wait until January 15 to go in for someone?

ffs why are you obsessed with using AMs as strikers?!

 
My worry about Diego Costa is that he does crap like this:



As good as his striking record is this season, he won't last long in a Chelsea shirt if he's caught doing this kinda stuff. Makes me feel quite ill watching it and there's always the worry in the back of my mind that he'll turn out to be a bit of a knob.

 
He's not a bit of a knob.  He's an utter c**t.  But he'll be our c**t.  Terry isn't on many Christmas lists either.

 
I don't know why, but I feel that Costa is going to be ours in the summer.  I can't think of anyone that is going the be an under the radar signing and have an immediate impact like we are hoping for.  Drogba was an under the radar signing (in todays terms) and it took him a couple seasons to settle in.  But I don't think we can afford that any more.

Therefore, I see him (Costa) being an immediate solution that we'll go for.  I think PSG and Monaco will keep their assets at all cost shis summer, and therefore we'll be looking somewhere else. 

 
From what ive seen of costa (Not much but mainly vs Real Madrid) he didnt impress.

How i would love to have zlatan :(

 
Everyone talks about how we need a new striker, but people forget, we have Lukaku out on loan! 

 
My point is we should get him back for next season.
Yes, as our second striker. We need an immediate fix to our catastrophic striking problem. Not an issue that would be solved by lukaku when he's a rounded player in 3 years. We need to sign two strikers (or keep eto'o plus one) and bring back lukaku. We need depth

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top