No Cavani, No Lewandowski, then which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a bit of a knob.  He's an utter c**t.  But he'll be our c**t.  Terry isn't on many Christmas lists either.
This says it all, what the f*ck we all think we need in the EPL? It's the most physical game there is over here, and we still trying to bring Piazon back or Griezmann in, with all the respect Griezmann is a great player, but both are way too fragile. Adding to that Piazon isn't even a striker and he's just not that good, live in Holland so I have a pretty good view on his prestations.

 
If we all listened to the papers, man utd will be spending 200 million in the summer and bringing in the very best players from across europe. 
I thought last summer when the papers said Mourinho didn't rate Mata that it was a load of BS. Seemed to be true in the end.

 
Mourinho: It is a pity for Ibrahimovic if he finishes his career and hasn't played in the best league the world...' 

 
Translation 'Come play for me Ibra' 

We can dream
I was playing Devil's advocate a little with that quote, earlier today Ibra said this:

Asked if he wished he had played in England, Ibrahimovic said: "I'm very happy with this situation, how it is here in Paris. The club is doing an amazing job to become like the other European top clubs.
 
"I've seen big changes in the two years, developments on and off the field that I haven't seen elsewhere. The people behind this project aren't aiming low or medium. These people aim more than high.
 
"I'm happy to be part of this project and this development and so to come to England today is not a question that is brought up. My biggest chance to win the Champions League is to play with PSG."
 
He added: "I think, first of all, it's impossible to get me to England. If you ask the people behind this project, I don't think they'd let me go. And with my own thinking, when I went to Milan [in 2010] I was speaking to some English clubs but it didn't end up with me coming to England.
 
"The day I stop football, I won't look back and think 'maybe I should have played in England'. I have respect for the Premier League, a great competition with good individual players and I haven't been part of it. But I've made stories in other countries. It's nothing that I regret."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Although never say never where Jose is concerned. 
 
Cavani's been quoted in an interview today as saying he'll have to speak to the PSG hierarchy about his future at the club. Clearly not happy about being rotated with Ibra as the starting striker. If we could get him for about £40M we'd be laughing. Can't see him going for anything less than that, though.

 
Zlatan just for a season or two would be jouyous. 

Cavani would be an excellent signing for under 50 million, but i cant see psg letting him leave for that much

 
Has to be Costa surely? but I've always thought no matter who we buy we should also put a few bob down to get Hernandez from United.

 
if Hernandez was happy to be third choice then maybe yes.  I'd give Lukaku a season with Costa if we can get him

 
Has to be Costa surely? but I've always thought no matter who we buy we should also put a few bob down to get Hernandez from United.
What would Hernandez do for us exactly ?

He's a goal poacher and that is all he is. We don't create enough opportunities for players like Henandez. He would look completely out of place playing for us.

 
Wasn't at all impressed with Cavani last night. Sure, he is better than what we currently have but that's not saying much.

Really wouldn't want him. And he's an ugly bar steward too!!

 
Wasn't at all impressed with Cavani last night. Sure, he is better than what we currently have but that's not saying much.

Really wouldn't want him. And he's an ugly bar steward too!!
To be fair he was playing right wing, and when he did play centrally for the last 25 mins, he still managed to carve himself an opening and nearly score, despite having a relatively poor game.

 
I didn't think he was that bad, he didn't really see a great deal of the ball and Azpilicueta was generally good at keeping him quiet. Tracked back well though!

I certainly would not complain if he was starting for us...

 
I would love nothing more than to see Lukaku succeed in blue. However, I have some concerns that I think could prevent this from happening. Its obvious that he's driven and for his age he is phenomenal - outscoring even Ronaldo and Messi at the same age. I understand that they were in a totally different situation at 20 than Romelu is now so it isn't a completely fair comparison but I still think it holds some weight. 

He's got a brilliant athletic build and will certainly never reach a point where he is held back by his physique - allowing him to improve as his technique does over time. He's also shown he can hit the back of the net with both feet and his head (5R  6L  2H -- 13/14) which is massively important for not only being a striker at a top European club but also being that club's sole 'striker'. 

I mean the guy doesn't drink and he's clearly determined from everything he's said but my only concern is that he loves to talk. He is forever giving opinions to the press and has flown to Belgium to appear on TV a couple of times this season. My worry is that this sort of thing has never been something that Mourinho likes. He's always been one to take the entire spotlight upon himself so that his players can play and train with less interest from the media than they would normally and this sort of thing takes attention away from whats happening on the pitch.

I could be totally wrong but he comes across as a player who needs constant attention for reassurance and because of this I don't think he's got the bottle to be able to play consistently under the extreme pressure that is part of being a Chelsea centre forward. At least not yet. As it stands the leaders on the pitch are getting on and I think we need a big personality in that part of the pitch. Someone who is capable of keeping us in games even when we aren't firing on all cylinders. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top