Official - Belletti has joined Chelsea. On CFC website now

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say? Robben out and a 31 year old Barcelona reject in.

f**kit.

 
As ive just said on another thread.

Can someone please tell me what this guy does Paulo cant ?

 
This is an entirely pointless transfer. It is a short term fix for a problem we never had. Jose has got this one badly badly wrong. Even if he was to turn round and have a half decent season it would still be a stupid signing as he will not be any better than Ferreira would be (and I will wager he will be worse) and at the end of the season we will have a half decent 32 year old right back and Paulo will be sold.

 
At a first sight, it seems a bad move.

But I wont jump into conclusions yet. Let the man play and then we'll see.

 
Knee-jerk signing designed to piss off Sevilla but has only pissed off us fans. I agree, it is a pointless transfer. I'm gutted. Pre-season optimism has just evaporated.

 
I literally have no idea why we have done this. None. Its is like a blunt pencil. Pointless.

 
Its evaporated over one signing? Wow... I guess if we lost our star striker or star winger through injury or suspension AND hadn't won a game yet... my optimism would start to go... but bloody hell - over-reaction or what?!

If this Belletti/Balletti, I can't be bothered to see how to spell it, isn't great, he won't flippin' play.

 
You can't tell me Geremi was worse than this 31yo Reject!! And we had to pay for the latter whilst at the same time giving away a 26yo for free!!!

 
i'm so excited and I just can't hide it...that's one song that won't be on my car stereo to celebrate this transfer!

 
Its evaporated over one signing? Wow... I guess if we lost our star striker or star winger through injury or suspension AND hadn't won a game yet... my optimism would start to go... but bloody hell - over-reaction or what?! If this Belletti/Balletti, I can't be bothered to see how to spell it, isn't great, he won't flippin' play.
Evaporated because

a) it betrays an attitude that makes no sense - knee-jerk reactions are something that i felt we were no longer going to have, and

B) I don't trust any Chelsea fan that doesn't foresee some sort of doom and gloom!

 
icon_lol.gif
I can be doom and gloom trust me, you should see me in the match chat
icon_wink.gif
 
B) I can be doom and gloom trust me, you should see me in the match chat
icon_wink.gif
I can vouch for that
icon_razz.gif


The name Belletti had never even been registered in my brain
icon_redface.gif


 
Knee-jerk signing (...)
Sorry mate, talk about "knee jerking" reactions.

Of all those criticising...how many have even seen the man play ?

I'm not saying he's the best in the world...but FFS...give it a chance.

 
He did score the winning goal in the Champion's League final against Arsenal.

 
The only thing that might soften this blow is that this is all a elaborate plan to f**k up Sevilla. Sign Belletti, let Johnson sign for Villa. Sevilla now have a player who doesn't want to be there which allows us to go back for Alves at a much reduced price with Belletti + cash! Wishful thinking!!

or...

We have enough trust in the progress of our youngsters and see no point in spending ?25 on a right-back when a youth team player is expected to step up int he next couple of seasons.

or...

Perhaps this is all part of a Jose masterplan to convert Sheva into an attacking right back! He's seen something there perhaps?!

or...

Jose has bought Belletti in a fit of pique as a f**k you to Roman. I can't have Alves? Right I'll show you and sign that mug.

We have 3 specialist right-backs none of whom cut the mustard, two defenders who can play there neither of whom are mustard cutters either and two players who can play there but really shouldn't.

Whatever, we have Belletti now and we have to live with it. The result? We still need a right back!! Aaaaagh

 
Our best right-back/centre half option is at QPR yet again (he should have been called back last season)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top