Paul Canoville ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

First Team Regular
Messages
5,326
Reaction score
0
... will be on TalkSport in around 30 minutes time, after the news at 1:30.

 
Did I read somewhere he fathered 8 kids or something ?

Busy boy after football

 
good god. does he need money that much that hes on that sh*te. i`ll bet you any money they continually turn any story he has round to sho wchelsea in as bad a light as possible.

 
So did anyone else listen to it? '

To be fair to TalkSport (and me) the Alan Brazil breakfast show isn't too bad, neither is the 1-3pm spot, especially now that those two clowns are off are. It's from 4pm that all the Scouse-loving, Chelsea- hating garbage begins.

 
I listened to it and really enjoyed it.

Had no idea that he was hooked on Crack-Cocaine!

Probably will go out and buy the book now.

As far as I am concerned Hawksbee and Jacobs (clowns) should pack their bags and head for the circus.

Danny Kelly SHOULD be here to stay.

 
I listened to it and really enjoyed it.Had no idea that he was hooked on Crack-Cocaine!

Probably will go out and buy the book now.
I just did: Paul Canoville: Black and Blue

Synopsis

Paul Canovilles story is one of extreme racist bigotry, shattering career-ending injury, a decline into drug abuse, battles against cancer, family tragedy and a determination to beat the odds. Canoville was Chelseas first black first-team player, making his debut in 1982. But as he warmed up on the touchline, his own supporters began chanting 'We dont want the ni**er!' The racist bile continued whenever he played, but within a year he had won over the terraces with his explosive pace and skill. Canoville fell out with the Chelsea board and moved to Reading in 1986, where injury suddenly ended his career at the age of 24. This started a downward spiral including the death of his baby in his arms, two bouts of life-threatening lymph cancer, drug abuse and homelessness. But Canoville fought back. In this explosive and shocking story, Paul finally explains why, despite everything, he is more positive than ever and has remained a fervent Chelsea fan all his life. This is a story of hope - eventually - overcoming adversity.

As far as I am concerned Hawksbee and Jacobs (clowns) should pack their bags and head for the circus.Danny Kelly SHOULD be here to stay.
Too right. Those two are about as funny as a toothache.

 
Cheers for the link Lofts,I just purchased myself a copy!

Looking forward to reading it.

 
very good book, enjoyed reading it.

Canners paved the way for the likes of Eddie Newton and Frank Sinclair.

It is disgusting the abuse Canners had to put up with, playing for Chelsea, and that was from the Chelsea fans.

 
So did anyone else listen to it? 'To be fair to TalkSport (and me) the Alan Brazil breakfast show isn't too bad, neither is the 1-3pm spot, especially now that those two clowns are off are. It's from 4pm that all the Scouse-loving, Chelsea- hating garbage begins.
This morning, just after 8am, Brazil referred to "tonight's Everton-Chelski game". No bias there, then.

 
So did anyone else listen to it? 'To be fair to TalkSport (and me) the Alan Brazil breakfast show isn't too bad, neither is the 1-3pm spot, especially now that those two clowns are off are. It's from 4pm that all the Scouse-loving, Chelsea- hating garbage begins.
This morning, just after 8am, Brazil referred to "tonight's Everton-Chelski game". No bias there, then.
I admit I missed that one. Ok, usually I find Brazil to be more reasoned/less biased, and the morning shift generally less rabid than their evening counterparts. Anyone who was unfortunate enough to have caught Adrian Durham earlier, licking the arse of all things Scouse, will no exactly what I mean.

 
I actually find the whole 'Chelski' thing utterly pathetic now.

Football 365 insist on calling us that in every article, and it just makes them seem so f*cking amteurish. It just smacks of someone who's a bit slow and has only just got the joke. Neutrals might have found it funny for about 2 mins, but to be still saying it all these years later is just so so sad.

 
So did anyone else listen to it? 'To be fair to TalkSport (and me) the Alan Brazil breakfast show isn't too bad, neither is the 1-3pm spot, especially now that those two clowns are off are. It's from 4pm that all the Scouse-loving, Chelsea- hating garbage begins.
This morning, just after 8am, Brazil referred to "tonight's Everton-Chelski game". No bias there, then.
To be fair, Brazil is usually so pissed he doesn't what he's saying.

 
So did anyone else listen to it? 'To be fair to TalkSport (and me) the Alan Brazil breakfast show isn't too bad, neither is the 1-3pm spot, especially now that those two clowns are off are. It's from 4pm that all the Scouse-loving, Chelsea- hating garbage begins.
This morning, just after 8am, Brazil referred to "tonight's Everton-Chelski game". No bias there, then.
To be fair, Brazil is usually so pissed he doesn't what he's saying.
When he turns up for work that is....

 
I've just finished Canoville's book. An excellent read. Highly recommended - get someone to buy it for you this Christmas

 
I'm still listening to the radio waiting for him to come on - he's late.

 
I have just returned from a relaxing two wek holiday and decided to bring this "book" for company. (as well as the wife)

I have to say I think he was and possibly still is a prize twat. Yes he had a hard time and yes it seems he might well be off the drugs and contributing something to society, I have doubts that it will last.

The thing that annoyed me most about his story was that he blamed all his mistakes and problems on other people and any good that was done he done it all himself. He stole, he took drugs, he hit his partner and had 11 children with 10 different ladies. On the final point he stated he was very aware of the problem at the time of HIV and aids and he never slept with a woman without protection until he had a long and steady relationship. Well to have that many kids in such a short time his idea of a long and steady relationship must be a week or ten days.

The man's life was nothing but trouble and blamming someone else for it.

If you do purchase the book do yourself a favour and only read the final chapter, otherwise, like me, the memory of a Chelsea hero running away from the Wednesday goal, fist clenched in celebration, will fade and fade quickly

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top