Paulo Ferreira, thanks for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real professional for us for nearly a decade, never moaned (even when sat on the bench for long periods) always did a job for the team when called upon.
One of the 'unsung' heroes for me.
Thanks for doing us proud Paulo.... Respect  ::clap2::   ::clap2::   ::clap2::   

 
Top bloke, top professional. Never made or caused a fuss. Wishing him and his family all the very best for the future.

::clap2::    :bow:

 
OK, Paraphil, I have a question for you.  Exactly how tall are you?  I am trying to figure out if Petr Cech is really 6' 7".

 
6' 7"?

You're thinking of Thibaut Courtois, Phillip!

Petr is listed at 1.96 m/ 6' 5" on Wikipedia, and 1.96 m on the club's website. Strictly speaking 1.96 cm should be rounded to 6' 4", though.

Being 1.95 m myself, I'm pedantic when it comes to matters of height!

 
Thanks Paulo, you deserve all those medals, gr8 attitude & servant to

Chelsea

Anybody notice he never aged - what's his secret sitting on the bench ?

 
MR consistent,dependable and very loyal and just seems an all round great person.Hope when he retires he gets some sort of role at Chelsea.He has really helped the Brazilian lads to settle,and was a great translator :).

 
Apparently Paulo is statistically the best tackler (in terms of % of tackles won) since the inception of the Premier League. God I miss him...

 
It would have been nice if he had joined out coaching staff. Helping the younger kids learn or something like that.

 
OptaJoe â€@OptaJoe 1h

71.6% - Of all players to have played 100+ Premier League games, only Paulo Ferreira (72.3%) has a higher win rate than Nemanja Vidic. Icon.

 
It was on the BBC as part of the Vidic love-in. I may have neglected to mention that the record was shared with Vidic...

Some stats on Nemanja Vidic following the announcement he will leave Manchester United at the end of the season.

- United win 72% of their league games when Vidic starts compared to 65% when he is not in the team.

- Only four players have won more headers than the Serb since he entered the league. Vidic with 662, trails Sylvain Distin (707), Kenwyne Jones (853), Kevin Davies (853), Peter Crouch (1296).

- Since moving to United in 2006, Vidic has completed 72% of his tackles. A shared league high with former Chelsea defender Paulo Ferreira.

 
Haha so we've basically established that Paulo Ferreira is the greatest defender who ever lived (sorry Bluebeard)

Also that Vidic was always a poor man's John Terry...

 
I actually don't understand why Paulo Ferreira never played more games for us. Personally i rated him better than Bosingwa and Belletti.

 
I actually don't understand why Paulo Ferreira never played more games for us. Personally i rated him better than Bosingwa and Belletti.
Maybe because our managers then preferred attacking full backs and ferreira wasn't attacking? Still a great defender though I really miss him!!

 
I actually don't understand why Paulo Ferreira never played more games for us. Personally i rated him better than Bosingwa and Belletti.
I loved Belletti even though he couldn't defend to save his life,seeing him try to defend was hilarious but he was pretty good going forward.He was just entertaining to watch and scored some quality goals.And he scored the winning goal against Arsenal in the CL final for Barca.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this today and I thought Paulo retired.

.Former Chelsea full-back Paulo Ferreira is at the centre of a tug of war between Leicester and Derby.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top