Planning my first trip to Stamford Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreas

First Team Regular
Messages
7,779
Reaction score
285
So its finally happening - getting my arse over to the bridge for the first time in my life and I got the wonderful task to sort out the whole trip which includes me and 6 other people.

Now what I want to know is if its better to book it all up on a site like thomascook or simply buy everything for it self (hotel, flights and match tickets)? My guess is that it would be a lot cheaper to buy it all without a package obviously but it could be a lot trickier if we all want to sit next to eachother and to even get 7 tickets like that?

I'd like to know what the best airport would be to choose (gatwick, heathrow etc) and also get some hotels recommended which are located close, doesnt have to be a 5 star hotel but not a homeless shelter either.

Best place to sit? I would want to be in the shed if I could choose but the other people would prefer a bit more of a family section so whats the best place to be in including a good view and some kind of atmosphere!

(Note that this is the game we really really want to get to but it does not have to be this one if it would be a lot of trouble getting tickets)

 
Sorry I can't help you, but I know loads of others will. What a pity you can't make it the Shed End Piss Up.

I hope you have a wonderful time! ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
Gatwick is convenient for the Bridge, you get a train to Victoria or West Brompton and switch to the District Line to Fulham Broadway. There are several decent hotels in the area. I usually go for Ibis Earl's Court, and then there are Travelodge Fulham on North End Road, and La Reserve on Fulham Road, right on the Bridge's doorstep. Other regulars may know other affordable places.

My favourite stand is the Shed Upper, usually some banter with the away supporters and plenty of singing.

 
Thank you Moi and Val, I'll be looking at some of those hotels and thank you for the description on how to get to the hotels.

 
Mate, I am going to London on 14th January to see the game against Blackburn. I'll PM you later and explain everything.

 
So its finally happening - getting my arse over to the bridge for the first time in my life and I got the wonderful task to sort out the whole trip which includes me and 6 other people.

Now what I want to know is if its better to book it all up on a site like thomascook or simply buy everything for it self (hotel, flights and match tickets)? My guess is that it would be a lot cheaper to buy it all without a package obviously but it could be a lot trickier if we all want to sit next to eachother and to even get 7 tickets like that?

I'd like to know what the best airport would be to choose (gatwick, heathrow etc) and also get some hotels recommended which are located close, doesnt have to be a 5 star hotel but not a homeless shelter either.

Best place to sit? I would want to be in the shed if I could choose but the other people would prefer a bit more of a family section so whats the best place to be in including a good view and some kind of atmosphere!

(Note that this is the game we really really want to get to but it does not have to be this one if it would be a lot of trouble getting tickets)
Have you got seven memberships, seven seats together may be difficult otherwise? If you do have seven memberships, the person buying the ticket will need to add them all to Family and Friends, so that you can make a group purchase otherwise you will not get them together if you buy online.

 
I have not got 7 memberships no, dont really want to get 7 either isnt it 25 quid for 1 membership ticket only?

 
The airport doesn't really matter unless you're coming in on the day of the game Gatwick, Standsted both cost in the region of 25-30 quid return on the train to central London although the Gatwick train will take you to Victoria which is a bit closer but we're only talking 10-15 minutes on the tube. Heathrow of course only involves the tube.

There are plenty of hotels around the area either those Val mentioned or at Earls Court, there is also a Jurys Inn not far from the ground Chelsea.

The biggest problem would be getting 7 tickets if none of you are members, I would imagine you'd have to use either Tomas Cook or, from Sweden, Steve Perryman travel is an option.

 
Thanks Tim, been comparing steve perryman and cook and cook is a lot cheaper so will probably go with that one, the only problem would be that its in the west stand upper but it does not say where so could really end up right up in the corner which I wouldnt want :)

 
Never been in the West upper only the lower, I'd image the view from the upper would be better, it's certainly more expensive. Like Val I usually go in the shed upper, old habit. Never liked the west stand since they removed the benches. Whatever you do give the shed lower a wide berth if you get put at the back your view will be seriously impaired by some tall f**ker in front of you.

 
Never been in the West upper only the lower, I'd image the view from the upper would be better, it's certainly more expensive. Like Val I usually go in the shed upper, old habit. Never liked the west stand since they removed the benches. Whatever you do give the shed lower a wide berth if you get put at the back your view will be seriously impaired by some tall f**ker in front of you.
Haha yeah shed lower was the 2nd option to choose but certainly wont go for that one as I could imagine how horrible it would be to sit behind someone blocking your sights :D

 
heathrow is very easy to get in from get the piccadly line to earls court then get the district line from earls court to fulham broadway,wimbledon bound train. gatwick is easy aswell but you will have to change at clapham junction.to get to west brompton. book a group ticket it ends up very cheap. on the way in from gatwick theres a stopfor jurys hotel the stop is called imperail wharf station. as for getting the ticketsi dont think that you will get many for the liverpool game but best of luck with it.

 
Good on you Andy. Hope you enjoy your trip mate.

7 seats next to each other is not easy to come by if you don't have memberships.

I know they sell hospitality tickets at chelseafc.com, but they're not cheap. You can also buy packages which include tickets and stay at the Millenium hotel but I think they only sell seats in the West upper.

Can't really help you with any advice here other that to use Thomas Cook or Steve Perryman.

Never use ticketmaster or such sites though.

I've stay at various hotels around London depending on the price I've got. I've usually stayed at Ramada Encore London West out in Ealing (North Acton tube stop on the central line) but they're not as cheap as they used to be anymore. It's a bit outside of the city centre and there's really not much to do in the area, but it has worked for me.

There are a lot of hotels around the Euston and Queensway area and around Hyde Park, really depends on what pricerange you're within. Remember to look up the hotels you're looking into on Tripadvisor.com, it'll give you an fair impression of the hotel.

Anyway best of luck mate

 
Thanks graham and especially MHL we will be sorting this all out this weekend, most likely on thomas cook and it would not really be a disaster if we end up a bit spread out as we would just have to deal with it.

Will definitely have a look on that Tripadvisor.com but its leaning towards Premier Inn Kensington at Earls Court.

Cheers!

 
Thanks graham and especially MHL we will be sorting this all out this weekend, most likely on thomas cook and it would not really be a disaster if we end up a bit spread out as we would just have to deal with it.

Will definitely have a look on that Tripadvisor.com but its leaning towards Premier Inn Kensington at Earls Court.

Cheers!
At least you know what you get at Premier Inn.

 
Andy PM me if you need some first hand info .

Where are you flying in from ? I can then send you some links re airport,hotels etc.

Cheers

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top