Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Only one 23
Messages
35,253
Reaction score
22,178
I just saw on the club's official website that the vote for the Player of the Year Award can be cast already. Time flies when you're having so much fun as a Chelsea supporter :unsure:

I'm struggling with my vote here. Anelka, for scoring? Mikel, for stepping up? Lampard, for the obvious reasons? I have no obvious candidate. What is everybody voting? It might inspire me.

 
I would vote for Mikel but I'd be worried about him getting pigeon holed as a DM because I think his overall ability is wasted there (and I hate 4-5-1)

Wouldn't vote for Lampard either. I think he struggled badly in the 1st half of the season. His goals were there but his overall game was lacking. He has been outstanding of late though

Cashley has been consistant but stand out? Not really

I think it has to be Mikel

 
I has to be Mikel. Certainly our best player this season together with Frank Lampard but my vote goes to Mikel.

 
Errrrr .. Mikel has been awsome but short memories all !!

It has to be Lampard by a country mile !

 
It has to be either Ash, Lampard or Mikel.

I'd go with the former to be honest.

 
Its Frank for me, but I will admit that Ashley Cole would be fully deserving of it. He has toned down his anger and shown great committment and workrate this year. Especially when those two things have been in short supply

 
I would vote for Mikel but I'd be worried about him getting pigeon holed as a DM because I think his overall ability is wasted there (and I hate 4-5-1)Wouldn't vote for Lampard either. I think he struggled badly in the 1st half of the season. His goals were there but his overall game was lacking. He has been outstanding of late though

Cashley has been consistant but stand out? Not really

I think it has to be Mikel
Which season have you been watching ? That is nothing like the Lampard I saw - he has been our most consistent performer, along with A.Cole, throughout the season.

My vote goes to Lampard, but A. Cole is right up there. I don't think many will vote for him, though, but he deserves to be at the very least second.

 
Lampard, runs the place. Okay he has his off day, but so did Ghandi.

However if (erugh) Ashley Cole were to get it you can't begrudge him, it isn't a personality award afterall.

 
i voted ash cole, he got the nod probably because obi hasnt played for the last couple of games

ash as bin excellent all season, he as performed week in week out, when others around him have put in lack lusture performances, he's made very few mistakes and as give us a great attacking option down the left, if only he could shoot

 
What about Bosingwa, I think he's had a positive impact for his first season with us!

 
Its Lampard for me.

Honorable mentions to Ashley, Anelka and Bosingwa (for the first 3 month's great performances).

 
id give it to lampard simply because hes done it for pretty much the entire season.

 
Well since it's Player of the Year an not Player of the Season I think we have to give credit to some other players too. Personally I thought Alex was brilliant when he got to play. Lately he has faded, true, but overall he's done a great job. And did he really start playing badly before 2008 ended?

I mean, we have to take the 2nd half of the last season into consideration too.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top