Rangers pre season game

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you getting tickets for the game oldguard? Im struggling to find some at the moment.

 
How are you getting tickets for the game oldguard? Im struggling to find some at the moment.
The tickets will go on sale via the website to season ticket holders and members later this month. It was a sale out last time in 2007 so just keep an eye on the Chelsea website.

 
Really looking forward to this one. We have got tickets booked on easyjet from Bristol to Glasgow. Going up early Friday back Sunday. Last time in 07 was great. Best away friendly I have been on. Been back a few times since to renew friendships made that week-end. We were sorry to see the Glaswegian had closed as it was. There was a small bar under the railway bridge that was Rangers which also closed. That was where we met some Rangers fans who we have kept in touch with since. Will be good to catch up with them again.
Binghams

Im sure its reopened

Ill check and get back to you

others to try

The wee Rangers Club nr the stadium

The Angel at Pailsey Rd Toll

Annie Millars - Rope Work Lane

Auctioneers - Glasgow City Centre

Louden Bar _Brand St, Kinning Park

Blue Star - Brand Street

Grapes - Pailsey Road West

The District Bar - Paisley Road West

dont go to the Stadium Bar - celtic pub through the week but opens his doors to gulible Gers Fans on Match Day

 
Nice to see a couple of our blue brothers joining us, and usefull hopefully too. Ive convinced my wife to take me to the game for my birthday which is a few days after the game, can any of you boys give me an idea as to the best chance I have of getting tickets? Not overly bothered where in the ground we would be so in amongst the Rangers fans is ok. Any help will be appreciated, and may even lead to a beer for the helper....bear in mind I said MAY though :D

 
Nice to see a couple of our blue brothers joining us, and usefull hopefully too. Ive convinced my wife to take me to the game for my birthday which is a few days after the game, can any of you boys give me an idea as to the best chance I have of getting tickets? Not overly bothered where in the ground we would be so in amongst the Rangers fans is ok. Any help will be appreciated, and may even lead to a beer for the helper....bear in mind I said MAY though :D
there is to be a sale to season tickets holders first

thereafter a public sale will follow

they can be purchased on line and via the phone (Chelsea match not on sale yet)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/ticketinformation/0,,5,00.html

it shouldn't be a problem laying hands on match tickets TBH (which will be around £22) as the date is prime time scottish holiday season when many st holders will be abroad meaning more spares for non st holders

I cant see any problems what so ever with you guys sitting in our sections

I am a Rangers fan foremost and a Chelsea fan since '85

I was in the Rangers end in 2007 with my retro 1960's round neck Chelsea top on

no one - stewards, fans or OB batted an Eye lid

Hotels

there is a cheap as chips hotel called "etap" at Springfied quay

http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/hotel-3503-etap-hotel-glasgow/index.shtml

which is a 20 min (max) walk from the stadium and passes all the main Rangers Boozers on route, regular buses run between here and Ibrox stadium approx every 5 mins

if you want to go a bit posher than ETAP the bellahouston swallow hotel is 3 mins from the stadium

http://www.swallow-hotels.com/hotels/swallow-glasgow.aspx?gclid=CMGE6YaoxKkCFQoZ4QodYXgVEQ

come up and enjoy

Carefree/followfollow

No Surrender

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate. As for hotels, I go to Glasgow for weekends away quite often so I know my round fairly well. Will be making a weekend of it as usual, I suppose at worst I will get tickets from touts.

 
Cheers mate. As for hotels, I go to Glasgow for weekends away quite often so I know my round fairly well. Will be making a weekend of it as usual, I suppose at worst I will get tickets from touts.
this is something we have never had a problem with

Im not a ST holder at Ibrox and go match to match

league match tickets are very normally gettable outside the ground

there seems to be an unwritten policy amongst "Bears" not to rip off our own

Ive never seen anyone attempt to sell over Face Value outside the ground (other than manchester 08 for the uefa final)

so I cant see this happening for a friendly

keep your eye on the RFC official link I gave you above that would be the best way I would imagine.

 
Cheers, I joined the Rangers site last week so will keep my eye on it.

 
anyone who didn't understand the blue brothers link needn't bother attending this one then...set up for a reason
That's a slightly strange statement if I'm honest. Akin to telling Chelsea fans not to travel and support their team if they don't also support the home club too. I'm friendly to any fan of another club who is friendly to me so no doubt me and my mates who have already booked our travel will be getting along fine just as we did when we went there in 1986. Saying that we're all 100% Cheksea fans with no time for affinity with other clubs apart from our local non-league outfit (and only then when supporting them doesnn't clash with a blues game). So yeah, we well understand the blues brothers connection but don't go expecting everyone who travels to go along with any of the religious / political guff.

 
That's a slightly strange statement if I'm honest. Akin to telling Chelsea fans not to travel and support their team if they don't also support the home club too. I'm friendly to any fan of another club who is friendly to me so no doubt me and my mates who have already booked our travel will be getting along fine just as we did when we went there in 1986. Saying that we're all 100% Cheksea fans with no time for affinity with other clubs apart from our local non-league outfit (and only then when supporting them doesnn't clash with a blues game). So yeah, we well understand the blues brothers connection but don't go expecting everyone who travels to go along with any of the religious / political guff.
thats a strange comment to be honest

possibly a bit like the meedja stereotyping every chelsea fan as a skinheaded headhunting paid up member of C18

poor comment Bovis

 
We will probably have a few in the Auctioneers before heading to Ibrox if we get tickets, meeting some mates from Edinburgh on the train as well so should be a great day either way :JC_doubleup:

 
So yeah, we well understand the blues brothers connection but don't go expecting everyone who travels to go along with any of the religious / political guff.
I doubt the Rangers fans think we would go along with anyway, so I dont really see the point in your post.

 
posted on another thread

at 10am on the day of the match directly opposite the main stand at Ibrox there will be a Rangers vs Chels fans X1 a side match

there will be a £2 donation to see this game with all monies being split between the Royal Chelsea Hospital and Erskine ex-serivcemens Home

This event is being orginised by the RST

 
Last edited by a moderator:
thats a strange comment to be honest

possibly a bit like the meedja stereotyping every chelsea fan as a skinheaded headhunting paid up member of C18

poor comment Bovis
I'm certainly not sterotyping any clubs supporters as a whole. It was more directed at the original poster who wqs suggesting Chelsea fans not to travel if they wern't into the blues brothers link. What's to supposed from that then? That some of the stuff being sung or chanted in the pubs and ground may be offensive to them? Just found that a weird thing to come out with.

 
I'm certainly not sterotyping any clubs supporters as a whole. It was more directed at the original poster who wqs suggesting Chelsea fans not to travel if they wern't into the blues brothers link. What's to supposed from that then? That some of the stuff being sung or chanted in the pubs and ground may be offensive to them? Just found that a weird thing to come out with.
Im sure my good pal Jock McGoldberg may also be offended by some of the more "hardcore" chelsea chants

but hey ho Im sure he'll live

and anyway..................


 
Not that it's close to the stadium, but I used to drink with a mate in the west end of Glasgow that was owned by, or partly owned by, Walter Smith

 
Was at the game in 2007. A brilliant atmosphere. Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen were sung with great passion by both sets of fans. A Chelsea fan brought along a banner with Bangkok Loyal and the Chelsea and Rangers badges on it. Chelsea lost 2-0 but have to say that the result was irrelevant. The bond between the fans was the most important thing.

We Are The People!!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top