Remaining PL games

Hard to see us beating Liverpool as they're on a 58 game home unbeaten run. Last time they lost a PL game at home was in April 2017.

I would be content with a draw, and if West Ham can do something at Old Trafford that would be great.

I would love to end Liverpool's streak in the same way they ended our 86 game home unbeaten streak in 2008.
All great runs come to an end at some point... why not today? Plus I think we would all happily settle for a point today 

 
Yeah it does. The only way we drop out of top 4 is if Leicester beat united and we lose both games. 

 
The difficulty now is that United look Poor so can’t trust them to beat Leicester at all

 
So with us losing at Liverpool  the end of season scenario is looking as:

United 3rd on GD from us in 4th, Leicester a point behind in 5th.

If we lose to Wolves only a United win at Leicester would see us stay 4th.

If we draw with Wolves we will stay 4th regardless of the result in the other game.

If we beat Wolves and United fail to win we go 3rd, otherwise we finish 4th.

 
Will be important for us to score first on Sunday. We don't want to be chasing the game against a team like Wolves.

 
Worrying thing is that United awful. Hard to see them beating Leicester 

 
9 down, 1 to go.





  • Everton (H) = Won
  • Aston Villa (A) = Won
  • Manchester City (H) = Won
  • West Ham United (A) = Loss
  • Watford (H) = Won
  • Crystal Palace (A) = Won
  • Sheffield United (A) = Loss
  • Norwich City (H) = Won
  • Liverpool (A) = Loss
  • Wolves (H)

Ladder:

  • 3. Manchester United = 63 (+28) - Next match is Leicester away
  • 4. Chelsea = 63 (+13) - Next match is Wolves at home
  • 5. Leicester City = 62 (+28) - Next match is Man United at home

How to finish top 4?

  • If we beat Wolves, the result of the Leicester and United match is irrelevant.
  • If we draw to Wolves, the result of the Leicester and United match is irrelevant.
  • If we lose to Wolves, United need to beat Leicester otherwise we'll miss top 4.





 
Worrying thing is that United awful. Hard to see them beating Leicester 
United are in much better form than leicester. We were the first to beat them in 16 or 17 games. 

Leicester have been since January, and they are missing several players. 

Leicester got torn apart on the counter against Spurs, and United will pose an even greater threat. 

Im confident united will win, and also confident we will get at least a point against wolves. 

Out of the 9 possible outcomes on sunday, we finish top 4 in 7 of them. Good odds.

 
As I said in the Wolves match thread I hope Leicester beat United. They have been top 4 all season and had bad luck with injuries to key players. I feel they deserve the spot.

Up to us to earn ours vs Wolves.

 
Let's just draw the hell out of Wolves. Really go at them at reasonable force. Push them back so they only manage the same number of goals as we do.

I would also like to see Leicester make the cut. I have really nothing against United other than I hate them.

 
Let's just draw the hell out of Wolves. Really go at them at reasonable force. Push them back so they only manage the same number of goals as we do.

I would also like to see Leicester make the cut. I have really nothing against United other than I hate them.
I don’t trust our back line and keeper to not allow goals, you gotta go at them to try and win. When you try and get cute in these situations that’s when things backfire. If it ultimately ends up in a draw that’s fine, however I could see us trying to force a tie and letting one through in the 94’ and losing.

 
Back
Top