Sensible thoughts on who is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my thoughts on many of the current playing staff, i cannot reasonably see us having the big clear out which many are saying. Ripping the squad apart and replacing them may seem like a good idea after some of our insipid performances over the last two seasons...but i cant see any top level club ever making wholesale changes as being predicited, especially with FFP looming.

In keeping with the topic title here are my "sensible" predictions.

With Alex and Anelka already gone i can see three others leaving....4 at most.

Malouda - seems to still have ambitions to be playing regularly. I dont think he will achieve that here, so i can see him moving on a free at the end of his contract.

Yossi - Cant see him returning back to us next year. so i think he will be sold.

Drogba - I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on to China on a free.

Lukaku & De Bruyne - I would imagine they will both be going out on loan.

Ash - I agree Ashly has looked in need of a rest and has not been at his usual best...but i cannot see how selling him would be of benefit to the team. He is still Englands number 1, and there still are not many in world football who are better. To stay.

Essien - Whilst i think Bison is well past his best, i cant see us getting rid of him at this stage. He would have very limited transfer value, and after backing him through his injury rehab i would think we would give him at least one more year. To stay.

Lamps - Been very frustrating this season..but he is a legend and our top scorer. To stay

Kalou - Decent squad player, and not many better 4th choice attackers at many squads around the world. To sign a new contract extension.

Bosingwa - Very frustrating, cant cross, cant defend. BUT...I cant see us getting rid of him (sorry!). To stay

Paulo - Wish he would just retire and take a coaching role, but if he does remain a player, i can see him sticking around. fairly dependable 3rd choice RB who can fill in at LB and in extreme instances CB. To Stay.
f**k me, we can't go another season keeping all those players? How much evidence do people need to see this squad is totally unbalanced and too many players are in decline? If that happens, we'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the table next season.
Absolutely agree with you...and if i had my way, i would get rid of the lot of em (vast majority anyway) and start from scratch. But i wouldnt be surprised if the club does do something along these lines I do not expect there to be the wholesale changes we want or expect. The topic was for sensible thoughts on who is going to go...and i do believe that most of these players will stay.

 
Despite my thoughts on many of the current playing staff, i cannot reasonably see us having the big clear out which many are saying.
We have to deconstruct this team, not tinker with it, if we don't do this, the new manager wont have a chance and will be sacked by this time next year.

 
Out - Roman Abramovich

In - Ken Bates & Colin Hutchinson

 
Despite my thoughts on many of the current playing staff, i cannot reasonably see us having the big clear out which many are saying. Ripping the squad apart and replacing them may seem like a good idea after some of our insipid performances over the last two seasons...but i cant see any top level club ever making wholesale changes as being predicited, especially with FFP looming.

In keeping with the topic title here are my "sensible" predictions.

With Alex and Anelka already gone i can see three others leaving....4 at most.

Malouda - seems to still have ambitions to be playing regularly. I dont think he will achieve that here, so i can see him moving on a free at the end of his contract.

Yossi - Cant see him returning back to us next year. so i think he will be sold.

Drogba - I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on to China on a free.

Lukaku & De Bruyne - I would imagine they will both be going out on loan.

Ash - I agree Ashly has looked in need of a rest and has not been at his usual best...but i cannot see how selling him would be of benefit to the team. He is still Englands number 1, and there still are not many in world football who are better. To stay.

Essien - Whilst i think Bison is well past his best, i cant see us getting rid of him at this stage. He would have very limited transfer value, and after backing him through his injury rehab i would think we would give him at least one more year. To stay.

Lamps - Been very frustrating this season..but he is a legend and our top scorer. To stay

Kalou - Decent squad player, and not many better 4th choice attackers at many squads around the world. To sign a new contract extension.

Bosingwa - Very frustrating, cant cross, cant defend. BUT...I cant see us getting rid of him (sorry!). To stay

Paulo - Wish he would just retire and take a coaching role, but if he does remain a player, i can see him sticking around. fairly dependable 3rd choice RB who can fill in at LB and in extreme instances CB. To Stay.
going by the previous years, youre probably right,and anyway how much would we get for the players that the majority seem to want shot of?however for me the players you think will stay,i wouldnt have any of them in the starting eleven (yes including saint frank!) if we had got modric imagine how much bitching he would have done then?. we would still have a little bit of credit in terms of world prestige,and if the mickey mousers can get suarez,surely we could get one or two world class players (especially in the midfield or wing areas) or even play some of our loanees, (imo its that serious).something has to change.

 
Malouda - not been the same player he was for the last few seasons, many times doesnt look interested and doesn't try hard enough. Needs to go, and I think he will.

Kalou - hardly played considering how long he's been here, hasn't really done anything. Waste of space, needs to go.

Drogba - he's been a great servant for us, but I think it's time for him to go. No way near consistent enough, only performs when he wants (Valenica and Napoli) and when he's not performing he doesn't look interested. I think he needs to go for Torres to perform his best in my opinion.

Meireles - not good enough for a club of our expectations. Gives the ball away far too much, he should go, but don't think he will.

Mikel - very hot and cold, but recently been quite poor. I think it's time for him to move on, and he's been under a lot of criticism recently so I think he'll leave.

Bosingwa - probably one of our worst players under the Abramovich era, been very poor, can't defend at all, and has cost us a lot of points. I think he'll go, with Luiz and Ivanovic in the squad.

Lampard - everyone knows how good he's been for us, but I think it's time for him to go. Hasn't been very good for a while now, his ego seems to have gotten too big and arguably got AVB sacked. I have a feeling he'll go to the US.

 
I know who stays and who goes will all depend on who comes in as manager and there style but in an ideal world based on contract status', age, wages and above all players performances this is how i see it.

Staying

Cech, Hilario, Turnbull, Ivan, Luiz, Cahill, JT, Bertrand, Romeu, Essien, Ramires, Josh, Mata, Kakuta, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Torres

Going

Bosingwa, Kalou, Malouda, Didier, Mereiles, Mikel, Delac

Loans

Kalas, Lukaku, Lalkovic

Undecided

Frank and Ash ( Are they willing to accept less playing time for the greater good?)

Bruma, PVA ( Have they futures at Chelsea?)

Paulo ( Key dressing room member for new foreign signings? Future coaching role?)

 
Sensible thoughts - At least we are not Liverpool.

Now the CL seems to be out of our reach, it will be a good season for us to rebuild. Not able to attract the likes of elite players may not be a bad thing, we may have to work our scouts a bit harder to discover some less known talents, and give the younger players a game or two. Cut loose some senior players may work in our favor too, let go a couple of players on 100K a year, suddenly we got some money to invest. If my memory is correct, there are other big teams in Europe missed out on CL in recent years (Munich, Juventus, Valencia?), they all came back better domestically and in Europe in the following season.

If I really want be optimistic, only takes a few good games and a couple of questionable penalties to win the CL and get in again next season as the Champion! :biggrin:

 
Sensible thoughts - At least we are not Liverpool.

Now the CL seems to be out of our reach, it will be a good season for us to rebuild. Not able to attract the likes of elite players may not be a bad thing, we may have to work our scouts a bit harder to discover some less known talents, and give the younger players a game or two. Cut loose some senior players may work in our favor too, let go a couple of players on 100K a year, suddenly we got some money to invest. If my memory is correct, there are other big teams in Europe missed out on CL in recent years (Munich, Juventus, Valencia?), they all came back better domestically and in Europe in the following season.

If I really want be optimistic, only takes a few good games and a couple of questionable penalties to win the CL and get in again next season as the Champion! :biggrin:
I have said this before.. If you exclude Ballack, Torres and shevchenko, I think we have always brought players under Roman that were not 'Galactico's' as they are known and also players that were not in the media main stream.

I mean I didn't really know anything about Drogba or Essien before we spent £20mill + on each and they turned out pretty good

So in summary, I don't think not being able to buy all the big names would be bad thing

 
Torres

Malouda

Bosingwa

Kalou

Essien (while we can still get some money for him)

Also Ashely Cole.

 
Keep/sign:

Cech/courtois/Hilario

Ivan/new squad rb? Terry/luiz/cahill ash/Ryan

Romeu/rambo/Essien/lamps/josh

Kalou/new top winger? Mata/de bruyne

Sturridge/new top forward?

Out:

Drogba

Torres (part exchange for falcao or cavani)

meireles

Malouda

Bossy

Paulo (coaching role?)

Turnbull

 
I'd like to see Ribery in the team. I think Hazard will end up at Spurs. Can't see us getting Hulk. The only signing we need to worry about is the manager.

 
I'd like to see Ribery in the team. I think Hazard will end up at Spurs. Can't see us getting Hulk. The only signing we need to worry about is the manager.
I'd like to see

Shilton, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten and Zola in the team!

But seeing the topic is on whose going and not whose coming I'd guess thats fairly irrelevant!

 
I think Bosingwa & Maloudas days at Chelsea are up if the truth were told.

But I'd consider sensible offers for Didier,Mikel,Kalou,Turnbull & sadly Essien if I were in charge at the club.

Plus of course, any unsensable offers for Nando!.

 
I'd consider sensible offers for Didier,Mikel,Kalou,Turnbull & sadly Essien if I were in charge at the club.
Nobody will be offering a penny for Drogba or Kalou.

Their contracts are up.

 
Ashley Cole Difficult one. He's 31 now and theoretically could have a good few seasons left in him, but it appears he is on the wane. Personally, I would keep him. If we were to lose him, we would either have to be convinced that Bertrand were ready, or we would have to sign a replacement, thus stifling Bertrand's progress. Hopefully next season we see more of Bertrand and Cole is allowed to rest more, which is as it should be. A lot of our players appear on the wane but I believe it is a result of bad management over the last 2 years, and they have more to give than they are showing. Cole is a winner, he is experienced, I think he should be kept on, not only so he can perform but also so Bertrand can learn from him. Phase him out rather than get rid, that's my opinion.

Michael Essien Again, I would keep him. People writing him off are being way too premature. He looked good in his first one or two games back, then undoubtedly his level dropped, but that's to be expected. He isn't match-fit, not by a long stretch. He looks heavier than he used to and he isn't sharp, but he has hardly played any games. People are being overly-pessimistic in my view. He may never be the Essien of old, sadly, but he can still be a top performer possibly, and wouldn't you rather wait and find out? Of course you would. Even if he converts to a DM, I'm pretty sure he will be as good as any in that position. Patience, people.

Frank Lampard He stays and anyone that says otherwise is mad. He may no longer be able to play every match, but we would be mad to sacrifice what he has to offer. What does he have to offer? Incredible determination, a winner's mentality, a real passion for Chelsea, goals goals and more goals, and experience. He is an asset to the club and should he leave he will be inundated with offers. He is our very own Golden Balls. He is good for the image of the club, he is wholesome and the kids love him. Don't lose him. Underachieved possibly in recent times but as I've said, don't underestimate the part bad management has played in that. Lampard looks after himself, he wants that scoring record, he wants 100 caps for England. My guess is that he'll get it. Would Man Utd let go of Lampard? Would they heckers like.

Fernando Torres He stays. We've spent all that money and waited all this time, why would we sell him just as he starts to looks settled and has started playing? Besides, no-one is going to offer a fraction of what we paid. Drogba will be gone and Torres gets what he's always wanted, to be the main man. We can't deny him that chance. If we buy a winger, as we should do, we will always have Sturridge to fill his boots, should it go wrong, as it may do.

Didier Drogba A club legend. Possibly the best centre-forward we've ever had. It's time to say bye-bye, hopefully with the CL medal he well deserves. He is a pale imitation of his former self, only really raising himself for big games. He has always had a big-game mentality.

John Mikel Obi Opinion is divided. I would be very happy to see him leave. He's been with us a long time, he's had many chances, I see nothing more than a mediocre performer. Will he go somewhere else and pull up trees? No.

Florent Malouda Time to go. He's had a couple of good seasons, but it's time to go. It really is time to go. I'll drive him to the airport.

Raul Meireles I don't rate him. I'd be very happy if he went. We need better midfielders. We used to be scary in midfield, with Ballack, Lampard, Maka and Ess. These days we can only really call Ramires a top-notch performer. Meireles is one of those that can make way.

Jose Bosingwa Looks like he's going, in which case we will need a back-up right-back. Personally, I would keep him, but I know that won't be a popular view. I like him because he's comfortable on the ball, I don't like him because he goes AWOL, which is criminal for a defender, however with a decent manager at the helm, I think he can improve, and I think he's an adequate back-up. His contract's up and it's over, so no point debating.

Paulo Ferreira Time's up. Not much more to say really, except thanks Paulo.

Salomon Kalou Personally, I'll be sad to see him go. A very useful squad member in my view, popping up with goals and assists regularly. Stewart Dowing cost £20m don't you know. Having said that, will he ever be good enough for a regular first-team spot? No, and he'll want to move on.

Ross Turnbull Let's just say we make the CL final, and let's just say Petr Cech gets injured in the warm-up ..

That completes Davey Baby's assessment of who should stay and who should go. Thank you for waiting so patiently for it to arrive.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Malouda definately ,Kalou and Ferreira probably, Mikel hopefully.

 
I'd like to see

Shilton, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten and Zola in the team!

But seeing the topic is on whose going and not whose coming I'd guess thats fairly irrelevant!
All right..

Beyond Drogba & Malouda, who are halfway through the door anyway, who else goes depends on the new boss.

Lukaku will never get a look in, so he'll probably go on loan.

Cole will want CL, so may go to spain or italy.

Cech might not like it if Courtois comes in and might be tempted away - depends on the new boss

Romeu will go back to Barcelona

Bosingwa and Ferreira will be the most likely victims of a clear-out

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top