Shambolic CFC - How many of current squad are worth keeping?

Seems like both lists are the same for everyone which should be alarming for the owners. You could get varied opinions on players but there are too many with the same opinion.

You would think any manager would leave out players they thought were not good enough , but here we are with a different team each game with no consistency

 
Penders will be in the first team squad next season but the rest of our keepers I’d be rid of

Of the defenders I’d keep…

Gusto, Colwill, Sarr, James, Cucu, Hato

I’d loan out Josh and Anselmino to get a season of regular game time.

Disasi, Bada, Fofana, Trev (because he’ll want to play more than I think he will next season),and Tosin can find new clubs.

I’d keep all 4 of our CDM’s no question.

Id sell Enzo.

Of the wingers and forwards im keeping JP, Estevao, Palmer, and Gittens/Guiu out on loan.

Garnacho, Neto, Delap, Mudryk, Jackson and Paez should go as should any non academy player I’ve not mentioned. Haven’t seen enough of the youngsters to comment other than I’d like to see at least 2 promoted to the first team squad next season.

The reality however is at least half of the players in anyone’s to go list will still be here next season.

Our owners after finally getting rid of the bomb squad are just about to put another one together. I bow to their business acumen, the way they really look after their employees and finally, their deep, deep understanding of soccer.

Cnuts.

I think our realistic targets in the summer are Murillo at Forest, Endrick or Guler at Madrid simply as makeweight in any deal for Enzo going the other way and they’d still be within our wage structure, Rogers at Villa depending who else goes for him and we’ll probably go for Barco or Panichelli from Strasbourg.

Then I step back and remember it’s all a load of bo**ocks.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is not cryptic, it is basically what @Scott said
But you said you were "happy when we signed Garnacho".

No-one was happy with that signing. They are just words of a crazy man.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: dkw
I think our realistic targets in the summer are Murillo at Forest, Endrick or Guler at Madrid simply as makeweight in any deal for Enzo going the other way and they’d still be within our wage structure, Rogers at Villa depending who else goes for him and we’ll probably go for Barco or Panichelli from Strasbourg.

Then I step back and remember it’s all a load of bo**ocks.
Said in one of the threads, I think we should go all out to sign Adam Wharton from Palace. Him in place of Enzo in our midfield would be a massive upgrade.

 
But you said you were "happy when we signed Garnacho".

No-one was happy with that signing. They are just words of a crazy man.
Of course I was happy when we signed Garnacho because it means we don't have to play gittens.

 
Said in one of the threads, I think we should go all out to sign Adam Wharton from Palace. Him in place of Enzo in our midfield would be a massive upgrade.
Prefer Elliot Anderson, but fair dos.

 
Of course I was happy when we signed Garnacho because it means we don't have to play gittens.
Did we have to do either, I mean I didn’t think Noni was good enough but he’s better than both.

The SD’s were acting like selling Noni for profit was great business but at that stage we had invested time in him. He had gained prem experience with us and we sold an improved player to a direct rival.

It’s only good business from our perspective if we replace with better, not spend £100m on worse.

With Estevao coming in, Quanda next season Derry in the academy the pursuit of Garnacho in particular after Gittens was signed seemed a vanity project from the SD’s. Like they had to get their man or something. I couldn’t understand it then and still don’t now.

Maybe some agent back scratching going on who knows.

 
Did we have to do either, I mean I didn’t think Noni was good enough but he’s better than both.

The SD’s were acting like selling Noni for profit was great business but at that stage we had invested time in him. He had gained prem experience with us and we sold an improved player to a direct rival.

It’s only good business from our perspective if we replace with better, not spend £100m on worse.

With Estevao coming in, Quanda next season Derry in the academy the pursuit of Garnacho in particular after Gittens was signed seemed a vanity project from the SD’s. Like they had to get their man or something. I couldn’t understand it then and still don’t now.

Maybe some agent back scratching going on who knows.
It was so obvious that Noni is better than both but once again our situation is complicated. We are being run more like a business than a pure football club, yes footballing quality is still important but it is not the most important. I suspect Noni demanded a new contact and understandably so as he came in as raw and questionable winger and he left us as legit pl winger.

 
It was so obvious that Noni is better than both but once again our situation is complicated. We are being run more like a business than a pure football club, yes footballing quality is still important but it is not the most important. I suspect Noni demanded a new contact and understandably so as he came in as raw and questionable winger and he left us as legit pl winger.
I agree, and the policy of not keeping players if they want to leave is something I agree with to an extent.

The hard on they had for Garnacho though makes no sense to me from a football or business perspective.

 
I agree, and the policy of not keeping players if they want to leave is something I agree with to an extent.

The hard on they had for Garnacho though makes no sense to me from a football or business perspective.
Not keeping player that want to leave is a policy that every team has. The more important question is why do they want to leave.

Actually Garnacho make complete sense from football and financial pov. He cost only 40 m, he is 21 and has good number of exp in pl. You can clearly tell that he is far more ready than Gittens or Mudryk/Madueke in their first season.

This season in pl among our new guy, Garnacho has played the 2nd most minute behind JP and he has played 12th most minute.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, and the policy of not keeping players if they want to leave is something I agree with to an extent.

The hard on they had for Garnacho though makes no sense to me from a football or business perspective.
Screenshot_20260328_114420_Samsung Internet.jpg

hmm, our recruitment guru?

 
Not keeping player that want to leave is a policy that every team has. The more important question is why do they want to leave.

Actually Garnacho make complete sense from football and financial pov. He cost only 40 m, he is 21 and has good number of exp in pl. You can clearly tell that he is far more ready than Gittens or Mudryk/Madueke in their first season.

This season in pl among our new guy, Garnacho has played the 2nd most minute behind JP and he has played 12th most minute.
Well in a way I suppose all clubs will have that policy in principle but the best and biggest clubs not only attract the best players but also convince them to stay usually by making them happy on and off the pitch success and money.

If our policy is sell anybody who dares ask for a pay rise it’s not exactly principled.

But it’s two different conversations about 2 ways to run a club. It’s the same with Garnacho. Crunch the numbers all you like, age, book values etc. I look at it in very simple terms firstly and most importantly from a football perspective for a squad building for success has he made us better. No. From a business point of view If we sold him tomorrow would we get our money back. No.

 
Back
Top