Shirt sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

1905

On the Bench
Messages
837
Reaction score
148
So the Mancs have struck a deal with GM/Chevy to sport a giant golden cross on their chests as a welcome target for the studs of opposition players, all for a reported £50m per year for 7 years.

This eclipses our current deal with Samsung, a reported £18M per year, expiring in 2015.

Hopefully negotiations are under way for us to strike up a similarly lucrative deal to that of the Mancs, without the golden cross of course.

Am not sure Samsung would stump, so wonder who could possibly come in waving their wallet? 

 
Also sidebar- curious if there will ever be day when a fan or customer will have the option to purchase their kit without a sponsor on the front?! I'd pay the extra money to not have a sponsor on mine!

 
I know this is different, but reports are that Adidas will pay upwards of £70M/year for 10 years to be their new kit manufacturers.

 
Personally, if we have to have a sponsor on our kit-

Telsa

Or

Apple
Great stocks to trade but don't see either of them wanting to spend 25M per year on a football sponsor. While AAPL has ridiculous amounts of cash they already do well in marketing themselves (is there anyone better) and for TSLA not even sure they have the free cash to pony up a longterm sponsorship deal...

But I would welcome either because both have cool logos and are hip trendy corporations.

Just dont want some fly by night Chinese internet stock like Alibaba on the shirt or as already mentioned a horrible logo like a gold cross from a shoddy auto manufacturer.

 
Also sidebar- curious if there will ever be day when a fan or customer will have the option to purchase their kit without a sponsor on the front?! I'd pay the extra money to not have a sponsor on mine!
Nope and nor should there be

 
I know this is different, but reports are that Adidas will pay upwards of £70M/year for 10 years to be their new kit manufacturers.
Sometimes I wish (and it could backfire like warriors awful kits) that we could get a different sponsor to Adidas just so we don't have to have the ugly required three stripes. I long for a solid blue kit but I doubt Adidas will drop their trademark design on shirts.

 
Sometimes I wish (and it could backfire like warriors awful kits) that we could get a different sponsor to Adidas just so we don't have to have the ugly required three stripes. I long for a solid blue kit but I doubt Adidas will drop their trademark design on shirts.
Could Umbro get back in the game?

 
When you see what Man Utd's new kit looks like you have to appreciate Samsung.

 
Pretty happy with Samsung, I would hate apple to sponsor us, as I think a massive apple on out shirt would look hideous!

A bit of writing is fine like "samsung", "fly emirates", or "autoglass", but logo's like that chevrolet, is a no no for me.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Adidas have offered United 70mil per year to be their sponsors, where we only receive 30mil per year (and 20mil in 12-13)

 
I dont care who our next sponsorship deal is with but I want them to really invest and pay a hell of a lot of money.

 
For aesthetics and continuity I'd like it to stay Samsung but I won't mind having the Coca-Cola logo which looks nice on Uruguay's training kits.

In the end I'll be happy as long as it's not bet365 or some sh*t.

 
I despise coca cola, I think I might cry if we ever gave those horrible wretches our shirt to desecrate.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Samsung logo actually looks respectable. That Chevy logo on Manc's jerseys looks tacky.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top