G
Gullits_Dredocks
Guest
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE LOVE EACHOTHER AND OUR CLUB!!!!!!
WE LOVE EACHOTHER AND OUR CLUB!!!!!!
Anybody that disagrees with that only needs to look at this:Should I take it that you're one of those who are of the opinion, firstly that supporters of every club are equally deluded in their perception of the way they are treated by the media?
I'll have to disagree. Without wading through the entire argument all over again, suffice it to say that the weight of adverse publicity directed towards Chelsea FC is mainly because we're an easy target.
What I'm still waiting for is for someone who shares your opinion to demonstrate that there is indeed a proportional amount of adverse media attention given towards other English clubs compared to that directed towards ourselves.
Russians generally speaking are notoriously known for being discrete and less open to the media so I don't blame Roman for that. I'd rather Chelsea FC as a whole boycott the media. No interviews (unless on Chelsea TV), nothing.One thing Abamovich has not done well in his time at the club is handle the media. His first press bloke was that idiot Goldberg from News of the World who was just rubbish. Then we had Peter Kenyon, corporate schmoozer par excellence though he may have been, every time he opened his mouth in public a kitten died in heaven. Abramovich's complete silence doesn't help either, it allows the media to just make stuff up. I'm surprised that such an astute man as Roman undoubtedly is hasn't realised the value of getting the media on your side. There's a formula for this. Get some smoothy in who takes journos out to expensive lunches, butter them up a bit, grease a few palms etc. Public image, or 'brand' as we have to call it nowadays does matter. Not only does it make the club more atractive to potential sponsors thus increasng revenues, but 'nice' clubs tend to get more favourable treatment from the UEFAs of this world.
As cartel-busters we were never going to be popular with the cartel, but I do think we could have improved things somewhat if we'd played the media game a bit more skilfully.
I certainly don't blame Abramovich for not exposing himself to the madness of the press pack, but all the more reason for him to have made a definitive public declaration of intent. This could have been made under his control - Chelsea TV for example - and it would have provided a framework for subsequent speculations about him. By saying nothing at all he has allowed the space for more lurid memes to become established.Russians generally speaking are notoriously known for being discrete and less open to the media so I don't blame Roman for that. I'd rather Chelsea FC as a whole boycott the media. No interviews (unless on Chelsea TV), nothing.
What the media should stand for and what the media does stand for are two very different things. It becomes a question of having to deal with the fundamental wrongness of the reality.No. Pandering to a bias media to gain favour is just fundamentally wrong. It goes against what the media is supposed to stand for and people shouldn't embrace it they should be contesting it.
Incredible how short the memories of some are. When RA took over and started spending the media ran stories of "Chelsea ruining football" almost daily, and took constant chances to dig at Mourinho rendering him inferior to Wenger and Ferguson throughout the early years of his tenure. And of course we later had to endure the nonsense of "When he (Roman) leaves" and they took endless opportunities to try and defame his character and fortune.I'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case, the law of averages makes no such demand. But we should never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
I wasn't actually, but I wasn't talking about conspiracies either. The media aren't out to get us. But we do get a rough rideI'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case, the law of averages makes no such demand. But we should never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Certainly. The ability to turn an at least partially blind eye is practically a pre-reqiusite for being a football supporter. Liverpool fans believe that the "London media" are against them, supporters of less successful clubs regard us as part of the priveliged Sky Elite. "Big clubs [including ourselves] always get the decisions" they say. Incredible but true.Excellent post Tommy. I can't argue against any of your points.
Hopefully you will allow that fans of a club are more sensitive to criticism of their own club and tend not to notice, at least not at a visceral level, when other clubs are criticised.
We are getting a lot of flak at the moment, at least some of it deserved, but we are also getting a lot of praise for the quality of our football which is really what the whole thing should be about.
It is strange that we haven't been on ITV so far but hopefully it stays that way. Can't stand that brummy c**t Adrian ChilesRegarding bias on the BBC.
I remember at the end of last year when the first knock-out stage draw was made for the Champions League when we drew Napoli. This was also the day that both the Manchester clubs were in the draw for the Europa League cup. The main BBC football website was all about the Europa League and who both MANC clubs were drawn against. Not one thing about the Champions League, except a small link in the corner.
It was almost as if the Champions League didn't exist.
Also is it me or do ITV not like screening our Champions League games either? Well except until the end of last season when we were the only English side left in.