"This is what I've been listening to, how about you?" kind of thread.
Great idea - could be a sticky
I like mailing lists where you have a current listening list (5 tops) as a signature.
Ok, I'll see what I can come up with.
Incidentally, the title of this thread comes from the first James Brown single I ever bought. Well actually I bought Superbad at the same time, but Soul Power seemed more appropriate, and the first James Brown album I ever bought was called Soul Brother Number One. Amazing, in a thread about soul music, this is the first time I've mentioned the Godfather of Soul himself.
Know we need it Soul Power
You got to have it Soul Power
Know we want it Soul Power
Give it to me Soul Power
Or
One two three, hit it
Watch me, Watch me
I got it, watch me
I got it, heyyyyyyyy
I got something that makes me wanna shout
I got something that tells me what it's all about
I got Soul and I'm Superbad
Or even
Fellas I'm ready to get up and do my thing - go ahead, go ahead
I wanna get into it man, you know, like a, like a Sex Machine man
Movin' doin' it, you know - yeah yeah
Can I count it off - go ahead go ahead
One two three four
Get up uh get on up
Get up uh get on up
Stay on the scene, get on up
Like a Sex Machine, get on up
Stay on the scene get on up
Like a Sex Machine get on up
They don't write them like that any more