SPOILERS - Game of Thrones

they need to turn arya into a full on psycho and have her do the hound and jamie on the road to kings landing and then go after cersei
I think Jamie's going to kill Cersei. 

If he's reverted back to Jamie of a few seasons ago, then that's a new low for the writers. 

Tired of Arya now. She's done her heroics. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hear an explanation of how Tyroin is still alive... That was the sign of how far GoT has  truly fallen from it's ruthlessness in prior seasons.

 
I enjoy the episodes, but it leaves a bad aftertaste.

I was genuinely on the edge of my sofa throughout Episode 3, and my FitBit had me at around 100 bpm throughout. That feeling of melancholy afterwards is what hits me the most. The teleportation doesn't bother me. In fact, I would wager one of Varys or Sansa sent a raven to Cersei to notify her of Dany's impending visit back to Dragonstone. That would explain Euron teleporting. He knew and was setting an ambush. We might find out in the coming episodes. 

The thing that really annoys me, is some of the writing decisions. Deciding not to show Sansa and Arya's reaction to the biggest revelation in the entire series. How Jon was built up to be the one to kill the Night King (The Hardhome stare, the Beyond the Wall showdown, the entire reason we're lead to believe he's been brought back to life), but no Arya comes in and snatches the kill. The complete lack of plot behind the White Walkers. The 'embodiment of death' bullsh*t doesn't wash with me, especially when you see white walkers show mercy, and the wights show empathy for their fellow comrades (trying to free the captive in last season etc).

Shall I go on? 

I'm tired of people asking others to stop being critical. I f**king love this series and I've been in love with this story since I first read Game of Thrones. I'll enjoy the show, but I won't pretend I'm not disappointed with the direction they're going in and some of the plot decisions they've made.
I don't think that would be a good direction Joey, Sansa despises Cersi and so does Varys, Varys is doing what he thinks is best for the realm. If it ever turned out that Varys was the one who sent the raven, especially before he even told Tyrion and gave him a heads up on his betrayal it'll be an absolute clusterf**k on his character. 

I think Euron being there and somehow remaining undetected was just there for the sake of advancing the plot so they can capture Missandei, it's obvious the writers aren't that bothered about how stupid it is anymore. 

As for your last few sentences, couldn't have said it any better myself, fully agree. 

 
Agree with the opinion that it’s valid to criticise what the show is now, after all we fell in love with a different format didn’t we? I still enjoy it, but it doesn’t completely absorb me like the earlier seasons. 

I think either Jaime or Tyrion kill Cersei, wasn’t that the prophecy of Maggie the Frog?

 
The thing that really annoys me, is some of the writing decisions. Deciding not to show Sansa and Arya's reaction to the biggest revelation in the entire series. How Jon was built up to be the one to kill the Night King (The Hardhome stare, the Beyond the Wall showdown, the entire reason we're lead to believe he's been brought back to life), but no Arya comes in and snatches the kill. The complete lack of plot behind the White Walkers. The 'embodiment of death' bullsh*t doesn't wash with me, especially when you see white walkers show mercy, and the wights show empathy for their fellow comrades (trying to free the captive in last season etc).
Yep, I agree with you there. When they cut away I actually yelled "NO!". I wanted to see their reactions! It's so annoying it was done off-screen. 

I'm almost certain Jaimie will end up killing Cersei. From Kingslayer to Queenslayer. 

 
not bad but i thought the horsey ending was a bit naff
Yeah, same characters that can't seem to die also, I thought the Cersei and Jaimie ending was very underwhelming to say the least. Danerys going that mad is forced, this is why it should've been longer. And the OP ballistas, absolutely useless this time, can't seem to kill one dragon. 

 
Worst episode so far. 

A bit of plot and dialogue would be nice... instead it's basically an hour of disaster porn. 

The focus has shifted too heavily onto a couple of specific characters which has left way too many others on the sidelines with little or nothing being contributed by them. 

 
It’s ok, still enjoying it but not as much. Just can’t wait for it to be over now, not in mad anticipation of how it ends but just I’ve spent a lot of time watching and think that it needs to end now.

 
Worst episode so far. 

A bit of plot and dialogue would be nice... instead it's basically an hour of disaster porn. 

The focus has shifted too heavily onto a couple of specific characters which has left way too many others on the sidelines with little or nothing being contributed by them. 
I enjoyed the episode and you hated it? Now there's a plot twist GRRM would've been proud of. 

 
tenor.gif
 
LMAO

That for me was one of the best parts of the episode, it showed you the bad guys being good guys, and the good guys being bad guys. The glimpses of Lannister soldiers helping random families in the street get to safety while Dothraki and even Northmen are murdering and raping random women in the street. 

I thought it was pretty powerful, maybe I was stunned by the visuals I'll have to watch it again. 

 
Yeah, same characters that can't seem to die also, I thought the Cersei and Jaimie ending was very underwhelming to say the least. Danerys going that mad is forced, this is why it should've been longer. And the OP ballistas, absolutely useless this time, can't seem to kill one dragon. 
If you're bobbing about in open sea you can fire three accurate arrows from miles away and kill a dragon, but if you have 50 crossbows positioned on a wall AND in water they can't even get 1 shot off..? Confused.

 
If you're bobbing about in open sea you can fire three accurate arrows from miles away and kill a dragon, but if you have 50 crossbows positioned on a wall AND in water they can't even get 1 shot off..? Confused.
it's called Drama - also remember this is a fantasy show - some action will not be realistic

 
  • Like
Reactions: moi
The pacing and writing has been dreadful this season, Cleganebowl was worth the wait though.

 
Back
Top