SPOILERS - Game of Thrones

The pacing and writing has been dreadful this season, Cleganebowl was worth the wait though.
That pace was present last season too, remember when It took just a few hours for Gendry to get back to the wall, a Raven sent to Dany and she was back way up North from down south rescuing people on the frozen lake?

The producers/directors can’t be doing with the slow detailed plot building with offers to make Star Wars films on the table ?

 
Watched it last night, thought it was ok. 

Arya Stark seemingly cannot die. I think she is going to kill Dany to fulfill the brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes prophecy.

I thought it was quite well done (like all the residents of King's Landing :Troll_Face: ) how it got me feeling sorry for Cersei right at the end, despite hating her for the past 7 series. 

 
I liked how the show made the bad guys good and the good guys bad in that episode.

When you look at how beautiful Kings Landing was and now its all rubble... it makes you question who you are even supporting. 

I think Jon Snow may be the man to kill Dany to fulfil the Azor Ahai Prophecy

Although the trailer would lead you to think Arya is the one to go for it, as the camera zooms in on her focused gaze, presumably looking at Dany. 

 
While I didn't mind the actual end outcome of Dany going mad queen, I just feel this whole series has been so rushed, it has lost the plot complexities and moving parts of seasons 1-5 in favour of large scale spectacle and plot twists for their own sake. Looking forward to the books now because the show has really gone downhill since they went away from the source material. I'd give this season a 6/10 just for the spectacle and Cleganebowl, but it has largely been underwhelming for the 8 years of buildup. 

 
HBO offered the directors more money and time to finish it off properly, but they were not interested in doing more than this season. Burnt out maybe. 

It's all on the finale now, they have a big mess to clear up. I hope they don't just do another long battle and spend more attention on dealing with Dany quickly and then do some satisfying wrapping up character loose ends. We don't need more battles, really..

Highly unlikely though. A show as detailed like this can never please everyone, everyone has their own ideas of how it should go down, but you have no say.  I have still enjoyed it a lot, but last night was a bit disappointing in just how destructive it became for the civilians etc. Maybe GRRM's point was to show war is just bad business for all. 

Roll on the finale.

 
At least Dany didn't do anything too rash.
Yeah, its good that she took her time, deliberated sensibly over everything, didnt jump in 2 footed etc.........

I enjoyed that episode again, full on Battle with shocking scenes (reminded me a bit of the old Vietnam films like Hamburger hill, Platoon etc). The only bit I thought was a bit sh*tty was cersei`s death, which was weak considering the build up. The hound v the mountain was good though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
At one point I was beginning to wish the Night King had won the battle at Winterfell...

 
Also, pretty sure i watched the Dothraki get absolutely massacred and there only being about 10 Unsullied left after Winterfell? Why is there now a full army again. Quick respawn?

 
Really sloppy writing isn't it, compared to what it was.

I read spoilers from someone that worked on set, everything was spot on so far and I think there will be more disappointed people after the last one!

 
it's called Drama - also remember this is a fantasy show - some action will not be realistic
You got to expect some realism in fantasy lore, whether it's LOTR, GOT or whatever, but immersion is important, otherwise it's impossible to get invested emotionally into the characters. 

I'm actually surprised at how many people hated this episode, I thought it was one of the better episodes. Whereas a lot of people loved episode 3 and I loathed that with a passion. But sadly Mod Stark is right, I read the spoilers on Reddit on saturday, usually I avoid stuff like that but I don't really care that much anymore and the spoilers have been spot on, everything happened in the episode that was on reddit. So I'm warning you, the last episode is possibly going to be very disappointing by the looks of it. 

 
Also, pretty sure i watched the Dothraki get absolutely massacred and there only being about 10 Unsullied left after Winterfell? Why is there now a full army again. Quick respawn?
Found this on facebook.

Patch Notes 8.5:
- Nerf Scorpions
- Nerf aim
- Buff Dragon dodge
- Buff Dragon fire x10
- Rocks no longer melt but now explode
- Mass Rez Unsullied & Dothraki from patch 8.3
- Bells now have a maddening effect while mounted on a dragon
- Golden Company is no longer immune to Fear Spell
- Golden Company health nerfed to 1 from 100

 
Anybody else hate Euron in the show? Can't help but think he's extremely corny and cringy. That "I killed Jaimie Lannister" had me cringing, can't believe people written that and thought it was a good idea. 

 
I suppose if nothing else the episode was at least an accurate dramatisation of US foreign policy.

 
- The Dothraki constantly respawn and multiply. 

- Was it a few weeks that Jon was in the clink? It takes that to put up scaffolding round here, someone rebuilt kings landing in that time.

- Sent to death convicts can now pick leaders.

It could go on and on!

Lets just pretend it finished at episode 3, there would be less loose ends ?

 
Back
Top