It's probably too soon to second-guess this season completely but I think that if we do miss out on Europe then that might be for the best in the long-term. I think this club needs to reassess what it is doing at almost every level and the new coach needs to be part of that discussion.
If it is Conte then I'd give him the freedom to build the squad as he sees fit but I think the most important thing is for us to build a new spine in the team and at the moment we're lacking players in defence and midfield. That has to be the focus of the club, as does retaining players like Courtois, Fabregas and Costa.
Beyond that I think most other players are questionable. That includes Hazard, Oscar, Mikel, Matic, Pedro and Remy. Willian, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi, Rahman and Zouma are the ones I'd keep.
But the most important thing is that we spend money. We haven't done that for a while and it's seen us fall behind so we need to invest new money into the squad. I think the rumours of Sabatini coming in are also promising and I think if he is Conte's choice, we need to back him there.
The whole youth system/academy/loan system needs looking at too. Get rid of those who won't make it (Van Ginkel, Moses, Chalobah), give everyone a clean slate under the new coach and give them a chance. There's too much talent that we're not capitalising on, and it's just being wasted every year. There's no path for them to follow after the Youth Team which means we're stunting their growth at the age of 18. It's ridiculous.
So retain some players, let those who don't want to be part of Conte's team leave, invest in a new spine and set out a plan for developing young players to fill in the gaps. It's the most important summer we've had in a decade but it can also be a huge opportunity to set out what Chelsea is for the next 20 years.