The Beer Thread

I went to the Jolly Fenman a couple of times but many years ago. Didn't realise that the pub had a micro brewery. A micro pub opened in Blackfen about four years ago and is near the George Staples pub. The George Staples used to be called the Woodman. Do you remember the Woodman?
Yes i do. I would meet up with my wife's uncles in there .they lived off the oval in blackfen. The 3 of them worked at courage's brewery in london.

 
Off to the Westerham Brewery in Kent this evening with about fifteen others from my local pub. Suspect we'll have a few samples and buy a few bottles.

 
Off to the Westerham Brewery in Kent this evening with about fifteen others from my local pub. Suspect we'll have a few samples and buy a few bottles.
We get our booze for the sports pavilion at work from Westerham, it’s good stuff.  

 
We get our booze for the sports pavilion at work from Westerham, it’s good stuff.  
Agree, Westerham makes some fine beers. Tried a few last night and all free. Only had to pay for the mini-bus to and from the brewery.

 
checkout this killer story


An ABV of 10.8% - that will be a nice freakin' brew - I wish I could get my hands on that recipe

 
Will have to visit one of my local pubs tomorrow and hopefully pickup one of these. Only 20 over the presentation boxes have been produced by a local brewer. The beer has been made to mark the centenary of the first non-stop crossing of the Atlantic by air. The flight was in a Vickers Vimy built at the Vickers factory in Crayford, Kent. The factory closed down many years ago but was in a town not far from where I live.

61794851_2554412164603178_175569827744710656_n.jpg


 
Only a few weeks to go until one of the great social events of the year. The Great British Beer Festival which will be held at Olympia in West London from 6-10 August. Always a great selection of beer.

https://gbbf.org.uk/

 
Went through my drinks cabinet the other day and tucked away at the back was a bottle of Robinson's Old Tom. It had been there a few years. I decided to open it and very nice it was. 8.%% in strength. A classic beer.

RobinsonsOldTom.jpg


 
Went through my drinks cabinet the other day and tucked away at the back was a bottle of Robinson's Old Tom. It had been there a few years. I decided to open it and very nice it was. 8.%% in strength. A classic beer.

RobinsonsOldTom.jpg
Is this what one calls an English Old Ale? I was thinking in Sept I will resume my homebrewing & I decided to create a dedication brew for Super Frankie Lampard. It will be in the style of an Olde English Ale & here is my final design grain bill & proposed brewing techniques. Yes I could make it stronger, but I want to keep the simple stupid & easy.

 
Is this what one calls an English Old Ale? I was thinking in Sept I will resume my homebrewing & I decided to create a dedication brew for Super Frankie Lampard. It will be in the style of an Olde English Ale & here is my final design grain bill & proposed brewing techniques. Yes I could make it stronger, but I want to keep the simple stupid & easy.
It is. I've seen it in bottles in a number of pubs and shops but rarely on draft. Tends only to be on draft in pubs near the brewery.

https://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/beers/old-tom

All the best with the SFL beer.

Am off to the Great British Beer Festival later today. I've been given a ticket for the trade session.

 
Old Tom’s is nice, it’s been a while since I had it but I remember it having a very distinct aniseed taste. Used to be able to get it from my local Sainsburys before I moved away. German pilsners and wheat beers are uniformly good quality but I find the lack of variety here a bit boring.

 
Just opened a bottle of Wells' Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale. Very nice and the taste of the toffee comes through. 5% in strength so not too strong. Now to add it to untappd.

8796444557342.png


 
This does not taste of chocolate or orange. It is a nice stout though, one out of three. 

CA55C13B-E817-4EE3-87AD-BAF15314A3F6.jpeg

 
This does not taste of chocolate or orange. It is a nice stout though, one out of three. 

View attachment 11170
@MunkworthWill look out for that. I've drunk a few different Black Sheep beers over the years and found them very good. Black Sheep brewery was created when there was a split in the Theakston's company after that group was taken over by Scottish and Newcastle. Black Sheep and Theakston's are both based in the Yorkshire town of Masham and are only a few hundred yards apart.

 
Back
Top