The Cricket Thread

Cape Town. Good weather down here if that's where you're headed

 
Wish I could have been sat in front of a TV watching that. Sounded like what one-day cricket should be all about.

Congrats to NZ.

 
My New Zealand born parents are both delighted with that final over.

 
f**k that fluky c**ts. Team full of sloggers played mostly in tiny grounds. Hope they get annihilated by either of Australia or India. Played most of their matches on tiny grounds, where even a top edge would go for a six. Let's see what their sloggers would do when they'll play in MCG.

 
f**k that fluky c**ts. Team full of sloggers played mostly in tiny grounds. Hope they get annihilated by either of Australia or India. Played most of their matches on tiny grounds, where even a top edge would go for a six. Let's see what their sloggers would do when they'll play in MCG.
How Ungracious!!!

 
f**k that fluky c**ts. Team full of sloggers played mostly in tiny grounds. Hope they get annihilated by either of Australia or India. Played most of their matches on tiny grounds, where even a top edge would go for a six. Let's see what their sloggers would do when they'll play in MCG.
Population of New Zealand: 4.5m (roughly equivalent to the population of Melbourne)

Population of Australia: 23m

Population of England: 53m

Population of South Africa: 54m

Population of Bangladesh: 157m

Population of India: 1210m

I'd say that regardless of what happens in the final they can be pretty proud of their accomplishments.

 
Population of New Zealand: 4.5m (roughly equivalent to the population of Melbourne)

Population of Australia: 23m

Population of England: 53m

Population of South Africa: 54m

Population of Bangladesh: 157m

Population of India: 1210m

I'd say that regardless of what happens in the final they can be pretty proud of their accomplishments.
Add to that that most play ruggers so you can remove 3.5 million straight away... Worth noting it was a south African that won it in the end mind

 
Population of New Zealand: 4.5m (roughly equivalent to the population of Melbourne)

Population of Australia: 23m

Population of England: 53m

Population of South Africa: 54m

Population of Bangladesh: 157m

Population of India: 1210m

I'd say that regardless of what happens in the final they can be pretty proud of their accomplishments.
Where does population thingy come from? I'm talking about the size of grounds... 60- 65m on either sides of boundary? That's ridiculously small.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Where does population thingy come from? I'm talking about the size of grounds... 60- 65m on either sides of boundary? That's ridiculously small.
I'm saying the fact NZ have gotten to yet another sporting final despite having a minuscule population is admirable.

I ignored your complaint about the boundary because as Stim said it was the same for both teams and thus was irrelevant.

 
Population is pretty irrelevant, but a huge achievement for New Zealand nonetheless. Hope they go on to win the thing. Anyone but the Aussies.

 
I'm saying the fact NZ have gotten to yet another sporting final despite having a minuscule population is admirable.

I ignored your complaint about the boundary because as Stim said it was the same for both teams and thus was irrelevant.
Population thingy still means sh*t all. India despite being a population of billions of people still couldn't produce a single genuinely good fast bowler.

I'm really sad for South Africa... I just can't describe it. It was their best shot at winning the World Cup for the first time, their spine players are at their absolute peak i.e Steyn, Morkel, Amla, ABDV. But sadly it wasn't meant to be.

But still AB you've won millions of hears, you gave everything you could.... you bowled well, batted well, fielded well.... but sadly it wasn't meant to be....

I'm really really sad.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible to be sad without calling NZ fluky c**ts and reducing them to 'sloggers'.

They've been excellent throughout the tournament and fully deserve their place in the final.

South Africa were very unlucky with the rain, I'll give you that...

 
If only they didn't mess up those run outs or comically screw up that catch :(

 
Yeah, as bad as that catch/collision looked, I've got full sympathy for Duminy and Behardien. When that ball went up like that, the noise from the crowd will have been deafening. 

No way they could have heard each other.

 
The fates were with NZ today for sure. SA poised to go on and get a 350+ score when the rain came. SA had NZ for the taking, created great pressure late on but failed woefully with their catching and run out opportunities, which given how fantastic their ground fielding was will add more insult to injury. Well done to NZ for taking advantage of the SA f*ck ups.

Can't say I agree with everything being in the batsman's favour (does not apply to England as we were worse than total sh*te), small grounds (NZ play Rugby on them) , short boundaries and strips that do not help the bowlers, there needs to be a balance. There have been 446ish sixes scored and that would not happen if all the grounds were like the MCG, Surrey Oval or Edgbaston.

India v Aus could be anothr cracker and I think the overall winners will come from one of these two sides.

 
NZ deserves their success, but got to say the DL rule ruined game again. For a routine ODI, DL rule is fine. For a game of this magnitude, with flood light availble, and reserve day in place, it's inexcusable they didn't allow the 100 overs be availble to the players and fans. The missed 7 hours could be 100+ runs easily with AB at the crease ready to unleash. That could be 350+ at 7+/per over , instead of 7-/per over with only 43 to be played. That would be a completely different game. Anyway, cricket is about the only game where it could be runied by half an hour of rain.

 
I hope Oz stuff India and then New Zealand win in the final with the main man, Dan Vettori, taking the final wicket.

Hopefully it's a good final with some McCullum and Maxwell magic.

 
Back
Top