The Cricket Thread

Not having a pop at you but bopara is not the answer...what depresses me is that none of our bowlers seem to know how to bowl a Yorker, a basic skill required at one day level

 
Poor start to the tournament all round...six games played, six one-sided games

 
Not having a pop at you but bopara is not the answer...what depresses me is that none of our bowlers seem to know how to bowl a Yorker, a basic skill required at one day level
I know mate, just saying we played with Anderson, Broad, Finn, Woakes and Ali. If one of them doesn't come off we're screwed. Especially as Ali is basically a part time bowler (even if he's a good one). We needed 6 bowlers with the 6th someone who could bat, so whether it was Bopara, Stokes, Rashid it would have been an improvement. 

I agree that Bopara is no way a long term solution.

 
I'm hoping we see a bit of tricky Tredderz during the tournament, never lets the team down. 

 
Well I've learnt something already, west Indies national anthem is awesome.

 
Another memorable World Cup victory by Ireland today this time against the Windies!

I think that World Cup victory against Pakistan in 2007 really galvanised them to believe that they could match it with more established ODI sides. 

 
Funnily enough it looks as if England captain and native Dubliner Eoin Morgan would weaken the present Ireland team.

 
Trent Boult on a hattrick in the second over. Not a great start for the Scots.

 
New Zealand after being a set a target of 143 by Scotland won this match by three wickets.

The next big match coming up is England against New Zealand on Friday.

 
Fair play to the Scots for making a game of it after the worst possible start. 

Now for the important question, how many runs short will England fall on Friday? I'm going 98.

Also glad it's rubbish matches until then so I can get some sleep  :biggrin:

 
Same, couldn't believe Morgan put Australia in because "we're better at chasing". 

 
Late start for the England match tonight. Hopefully they bat first so I can stay up for a whole innings. Shouldn't take long.

 
Looking grim so far...nz bowling well and England looking like they're holding bats for the first time in their lives and not sure what to do with it

 
Back
Top