The Euro 2016 Thread

Eder, one of the worst strikers I have seen at this level, scores what looks like it will be the winner :lol:

 
France cocked up, they took Payet off far too early. Pogba hasn't turned up either, he's had an Ozil like performance so far.

 
France didn't show up and Portugal was the better team. They controlled the game quite well and France didn't know what to do.

 
How the f**k have they won this competition ?

There is one thing they have got right though, they have been incredibly solid, especially in these knockout games.

 
I think they need to rework the group stages though, they have almost become pointless under this format. For a side to finish 3rd in their group, not win a single game in that group and then go on to win the whole thing doesn't feel right.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Euros won by a team that only won 1 game in 90 minutes throughout the whole tournament. 

Can't see this being a tournament that'll live long in the memory, out of the whole tournament, I think there have been 2 games I've seen that haven't bored me.

The format encourages defensive play and having to grind down defensive teams tires everyone by the later stages.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How the f**k have they won this competition ?

There is one thing they have got right though, they have been incredibly solid, especially in these knockout games.
If Allardyce gets the England job, I can see something like this happening.

 
I see Ronaldo has recovered from his terrible leg injury already.

Switching off now, can't bear to watch this bunch of bell ends celebrating.

 
The Euros won by a team that only won 1 game in 90 minutes throughout the whole tournament.

Can't see this being a tournament that'll live long in the memory, out of the whole tournament, I think there have been 2 games I've seen that haven't bored me.

The format encourages defensive play and having to grind down defensive teams tires everyone by the later stages.
Portugal's win could have greater repercussions for football. More countries will be tempted to park the bus and play like shameless pricks in the hope of getting lucky because in the end it's about the result. Greece did it, now Portugal.

Ronaldo remembers to limp every now and then.
I see Ronaldo has recovered from his terrible leg injury already.

Switching off now, can't bear to watch this bunch of bell ends celebrating.
I think he's genuinely injured. If he could have played on at all, he would have. Looks like it could be a minor MCL tear. With it taped up so you can move your knee to the side, you can still walk. It's the impact from jumping and the rotation that can happen upon landing that is painful and messes it up. I'm sure he's also been given painkillers and, along with the adrenaline, doesn't feel it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god this sh*tfest is finally over. sh*t "fans", sh*t performances, sh*t games, sh*t winner.

 
Well in Portugal! I predicted that from the first knockout games and won myself £370 so chuffed to bits!

 
Back
Top