Its so stupid isnt it?!I dont get the tae kwon do, we used to play kicky at school and its exactly the same ha ha.
I dont get the tae kwon do, we used to play kicky at school and its exactly the same ha ha.
As with all the combat sports (wrestling, boxing,judo, etc), taekwondo requires few resources to participate. As a result, you have a huge range of countries with genuine medal chances.Its so stupid isnt it?!
To be fair, the US wins so many medals that quite a few American gold medal winners don't even get covered.Another great Olypics.
I will share, that now living in the States, the coverage that we get out here is very "USA-centric." I don't think I saw much in the way of Badminton, or hardly any cycling. The Prime Time stuff out here was all dedicated to the events that the US was competing in, or favoured to medal.
I saw some rowing, I think.
Anyway, it is great. I just wish that the Olympics, when they've moved on, could somehow find use for everything that they are leaving behind.
Does anyone know what happens to a lot of the buildings? I know in Barcelona, and Atlanta, they still have the Olympic Village, or Stadium as tourist destinations. But it seems like that infrastructure could be put to better use
It makes sense to stop asking Olympic hosts to spend fortunes of money on new venues, and instead award it to potential hosts with the venues already built.To be fair, the US wins so many medals that quite a few American gold medal winners don't even get covered.
There is a HUGE problem with "white elephants" after the Olympics. London has generally made good use of the construction, but they're unusual in that regard.
In most cities, a lot of the construction goes to waste. It's a combination of poor planning, IOC requirements, and disappointing demand for the new buildings. In Athens they built the Olympic Village for people to live in permanently after the games, something that has worked well with other hosts, but the interest was far below expectations.
Good to hear. I'd imagine in London with space at a premium, it makes sense that they continue to be used.The Village in London is being turned into housing.
The Velodrome is still used regularly by cycling clubs.
Obviously the actual stadium is being used by the spammers.
I think the aquatic centre reopens next year.
All in all London has made good use of the Olympic park.
Yeah or take the money and invest it in the infrastructure of the host city.It makes sense to stop asking Olympic hosts to spend fortunes of money on new venues, and instead award it to potential hosts with the venues already built.