The Rio 2016 Olympics

As someone with personal inside experience dealing with the IOC, this doesn't surprise me in the least. They're almost as bad as FIFA. They're just not as brazen about it.
Really? Tell us more (but I bet then you would have to kill us....)

 
Really? Tell us more (but I bet then you would have to kill us....)
The Russians will be over with their umbrellas to visit  the whistle blower.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Tell us more (but I bet then you would have to kill us....)
Here are two articles with the information that's public. The inside stuff I know is more of the same stuff. Bribery, personal money laundering, hiring prostitutes, etc. Samaranch Jr is especially bad and wields as much power as Thomas Bach. https://www.thenation.com/article/meet-ioc-ideal-candidates-perp-walk/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/iocs-record-over-past-eight-years-smells-worse-than-old-urine/2016/05/18/d37e391a-1cf6-11e6-b6e0-c53b7ef63b45_story.html

The IAAF is also very corrupt, and their treatment of doping offenses is pretty shocking. The ban on Russia is primarily a political gesture. I really can't post the info on a public forum.

As this forum is mostly British members, I'll say this as it is presumably of interest to Brits. Sebastian Coe doesn't have much integrity. I think he started with good intentions but got sucked into the corrupt culture. The BBC had an exposé of his IAAF corruption. There's more along the same lines that they didn't uncover.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I did find 1 badminton thing online which said anyone could turn up, so might try that.

Football-wise I usually can't even find any pub teams or their contact information. I never go to pubs really other than the 1 the people at work like, which isn't the sort to have any sports teams.

 
I did find 1 badminton thing online which said anyone could turn up, so might try that.

Football-wise I usually can't even find any pub teams or their contact information. I never go to pubs really other than the 1 the people at work like, which isn't the sort to have any sports teams.
Can't you check what teams are in the local Sunday leagues on line?  And then find them online - I would think most teams have contact details online nowadays don't they?

 
You can find names of clubs, but very few have websites or contact details, at least when I checked last year.

 
Epic Badmington mens play off for bronze match happening as i type.

 
Team GB have now properly overtaken China in the medals table 55-54.

 
Epic Badmington mens play off for bronze match happening as i type.
How good was that, beat a much higher ranked China to the bronze. Seeing them both actually speechless in the interview was brilliant, shows how much it means to these athletes.

 
Team GB have now properly overtaken China in the medals table 55-54.
In fairness they are an only slightly bigger country than us....

 
In fairness they are an only slightly bigger country than us....
Scrub that, they just got a bronze, it's 55-55, but we have 2 more golds and six more silvers.

 
Two news items about doping.

I can't decide which one is more disturbing.

1. Doping control has been a mess. Sample collection has been compromised, non-credentialed people have gained access to the testing areas, and the lab had been stripped of its certification and only had it restored last month because they needed a lab.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/17/rio-2016-olympics-anti-doping-branded-worst-in-games-history/

2. Izzat Artykov, a weightlifter from Kyrgyzstan, has been stripped of his medal for testing positive for rat poison.

Rat poison.

http://bbc.com/sport/olympics/37122892

 
Are we going to see the mens 200m WR broken tonight by the big man ? Under 19 seconds has to be the target.

 
Back
Top