Title Race- the biggest threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorresBlue9

On the Bench
Messages
666
Reaction score
40
Who do u think will be our biggest threat to our title hopes this season? Why do u think so? Thoughts please.

 
Theres two threats, both come from Manchester. Thats if we are in with a hope of winning the title..

 
MAN UTD....can produce wins without playing particularly well..I feel theyll win

MAN CITY..come second purely because of all the top players they have. They will prob buy again in jan too.

CHELSEA

ARSENAL..finding form..Unless they get injury probs will end up quite a team

NEWCASTLE..They now have strong players with a good mentality

 
I think we stand a really good chance if we're around the top in January and perhaps buy another striker. In my opinion our squad is one of the strongest in the league.

 
City, United, Arsenal, Spurs

Too early in the season to rule anyone out, really.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's annoying that a lot of our old three-point guarantees have been relegated. Bolton, Portsmouth, Blackburn all gone now.

 
It's annoying that a lot of our old three-point guarantees have been relegated. Bolton, Portsmouth, Blackburn all gone now.
Agreed, and in their place we've been handed an extra London derby (which we have an excellent record in, fortunately) and a team we've struggled immensely with especially away fomr home

 
I agree with Zeta and Zola....we only have ourselves to fear, the longer this winning mentality goes on the stronger will be get and the harder we will be to beat...the next month will give us an idea where we really are beat the Spuds and Utd in the league (not really concerned re the egg cup match) then it will send a strong message to the rest of the league....

i%2527m+back.jpg


 
I think City are our biggest challengers as I think United will seriously fall short this season. Whilst the fact that there attack is very strong, there midfield leaves a lot to be desired and their defence is more leaky than ours was at the beginning of last season, I think it will be close but I think we can win it!

 
United. Every year they have flaws and every year they're right there at the end. Ferguson's an obnoxious, hypocritical bar steward but I'd be much more worried about a side coached by him having what it takes than one with Mancini at the helm.

 
Man United can be pretty scary this year. With Kagawa and Van Persie I am more threatened by them. Man sh*tty are sure living up to the name, so far bad starts from a lot of players this year. Maybe the long title run from last year? Or they just have not clicked? I dunno, but they still have not lost a game, draws be damned, but they had that bad season a while ago where they screwed themselves from their draws.

 
I think City will be the biggest threat. United will just fall short again i think. Arsenal wont finish in the top 4 i think.

 
  • City are not playing well but are up there, they also show a resilience that is invaluable to any team. Capable of blowing up though - that could be wishful thinking.
  • One would be crazy to bet against United. Stronger than last year but defensive frailties. Sometimes you feel they shouldn't really be in the mix but they always are.
  • Arsenal I would see as a dark horse, some very good new players, too early to say.
  • Spurs are a very good team and AVB has had some valuable lessons but I really don't see them being a threat this year (assuming we are talking about winning the PL).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top