United States National Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need 6 points from the two remaining home games and we should be ok, plus our only road game left is Antigua, the worst team in the group.

Hope it's chilly in Columbus next week.

 
We looked great against Jamaica in the first but couldn't get any goals due in large part to their keeper, then we score of a very savable free kick in the second. Not happy we took our foot off the gas that much after we went ahead, but it worked and we got the 3 points. Phew.

 
It's too bad Eden Hazard hasn't recovered from the hamstring, I would've liked to have seen him against USMNT.

If only Eden Hazard was American, he'd be the perfect player. Not just in terms of football but as a face to sell football (soccer) to the mainstream american sports fan.

 
Yes he is fantastic, disappointed he's not in town.

With some good luck I'll bump into Lukaku tonight.

 
Lukaku looking like a threat. His touch has improved a lot. KDB looks a bit off. Good ideas but his passes are a bit off. His pass did lead to the goal though.

 
Sorry Ace, but the place holds like 75k people
I know that's what happens when you use an NFL stadium, but after hearing that STL sold out 46k in 20 minutes for us I am a little let down! Obviously I am from a town that doesn't even have a pro team to brag about, so take this all with 20 grains of salt.

 
Surprised that no one has posted about the Germany game. Glad to see Altidore get a goal in open play. Our defense needs major work. I understand the likes of Gonzalez, Besler, etc. lack the experience of facing quality opponents on the international stage, but I hope with more games they become more of a unit...as they should. While it wasn't pretty, anytime you get a W against a German team whether its their A squad or C squad it gets attention.

 
I've been so busy since Saturday that I haven't had time to even watch the highlights of it yet.  Saw that we won though, hope it's a confidence booster going into the WCQ.  

Glad Dempsey is captain, hope it might elevate his game even further.  

 
I think it was more of a wake up for Germany than anything, even if it was not the bulk of their starters. Still, even after taking into account that it was Germany's backups and recent call ups for evaluation, it was overall a better display by the US. Klinsmann was able to get the US to show more of an attacking style to their play.

The problem is the US defence. There are still major holes that need to be filled and I'm not sure that Klinsmann has the resources to do so.

Germany on the other hand is a completely different team with their starters as I'm sure you realise. I do not expect to see those same mistakes come the WC qualifiers and eventually the WC.

Fair play by the US though. I hope they do improve to in turn help improve the notoriety of the sport in the US.

 
Brad f**king Evans.  Huge result tonight, win our next two games this month (both at home, neither against Mexico...) and we are virtually assured a spot in Brazil.  

 
90 + 2, right? Great way to pull it out.

The USMNT, unless they collapse, should clinch one of the WC qualifying spots for Brasil.

 
Up 2-0 in the 56th minute, Jozy and Eddie Johnson with the goals.  The Johnson goal had quite the pass from Geoff Cameron and a great run by Johnson.  

 
USA really dominated the Panama side, and looking good now to qualify for 2014. We have some deficiencies on defense but I expect Coach Klinnsman to work it out.

So nice to Mexico in shambles, a scoreless final left them with 1 win and 5 draws. Their manager is a now a burnt tortilla (short Hispanic waiter). Chicharito was useless scum, yet still looked to be their best player. That's not promising.

I'm rooting for the Reggae Boyz to make top 4, but THC and their current lineup won't be enough to get it done.

Thunder Dan's Top 5 CONCACAF Qualifying:

1.) United States

2.) Costa Rica

3.) Mexico

4.) Honduras (play-in)

5.) Jamaica,

Honorable Mention: Panama

 
We are basically through to Brazil, can't believe we took 9 out of 9 given our form going into this stretch.  

 
We are going to Brazil!!! We are going to Brazil!!!! Watch out World The Yanks are coming to Brazil in 2014!!!

dempsey_zps5985c253.gif


 
Yes so are the Aussies. However I see no chance of us getting out of the group stage

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top