US Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brit

Legend
Messages
12,712
Reaction score
2,611
so here we go...obama v mccain...bit cynical about politics but I hope Obama wins...8 years of republican rule has only helped the world's economy and security go down the toilet

 
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm sick to the back teeth by the ridiculous amount of coverage of a foreign election in our media. I really don't give a toss who wins the election in the UK, so I especially don't give a flying f*ck who wins in the US.

My reasoning? No matter which party they represent, all politicians are lying, deceitful, cheating, greedy, grasping, despicable, power-mad scum - so when it really comes down to it, it doesn't matter who wins any election - all you're doing is replacing one bunch of c*nts with another.

Just my opinion, like :lol:

 
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm sick to the back teeth by the ridiculous amount of coverage of a foreign election in our media. I really don't give a toss who wins the election in the UK, so I especially don't give a flying f*ck who wins in the US. My reasoning? No matter which party they represent, all politicians are lying, deceitful, cheating, greedy, grasping, despicable, power-mad scum - so when it really comes down to it, it doesn't matter who wins any election - all you're doing is replacing one bunch of c*nts with another.

Just my opinion, like :lol:
Spot on Bluebeard. If voting changed anything the authorities would make it illegal.

If I was Barak, I'd be investing in a Kevlon jacket :D

 
I read somewhere that McCain isn't your average republican so perhaps, if he wins, it things will change. He doesn't strike me as a new Bush. He seems better (well he can't be worse can he ;) )

Obama will probably win and if he does I hope he'll do a great job at the White House.

One thing that irritates me alot about the election though is all the people who are going to vote for Obama because he's black and of course those who isn't going to vote for him because of the same reason or because his middle name is "Hussein".

Finally. I've got a feeling that we might actually see the same phenomenon as when Bush won the first time. Obama gets more votes but McCain gets more electoral votes (it's called that, right?).

 
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm sick to the back teeth by the ridiculous amount of coverage of a foreign election in our media. I really don't give a toss who wins the election in the UK, so I especially don't give a flying f*ck who wins in the US. My reasoning? No matter which party they represent, all politicians are lying, deceitful, cheating, greedy, grasping, despicable, power-mad scum - so when it really comes down to it, it doesn't matter who wins any election - all you're doing is replacing one bunch of c*nts with another.

Just my opinion, like ;)
So Kenyon would be a brilliant politician?

 
My interest in the US election is so great that it's all I can do to answer this topic. What was it about again?

 
anyone watch the SNL special on the election, Tina Fey as sara palin is just great.

as for voting, I cant...and most likely ithe winner will be......(suspense!)

 
A black man approached the Pearly gates of heaven. "Who are you?" asked St Peter.

"I'm Barak Obama"

"And what did you do on earth?"

"I was elected the first black president of the USA"

"Really? When was this?"

"About 20 minutes ago"

Not particularly funny but I can't help feeling this guy will get taken out if he gets elected.

 
Sarah Palin, - how can you vote someone in as deputy President, of the worlds leading super-power, when she didn't even have a passport until a month ago.

I'd still wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crisps though ;)

 
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm sick to the back teeth by the ridiculous amount of coverage of a foreign election in our media. I really don't give a toss who wins the election in the UK, so I especially don't give a flying f*ck who wins in the US. My reasoning? No matter which party they represent, all politicians are lying, deceitful, cheating, greedy, grasping, despicable, power-mad scum - so when it really comes down to it, it doesn't matter who wins any election - all you're doing is replacing one bunch of c*nts with another.

Just my opinion, like ;)
Unfortunatelly I have to agree. Though I do hope that we'll someday see a politician who actually turns out to be a decent guy/girl.

A black man approached the Pearly gates of heaven. "Who are you?" asked St Peter."I'm Barak Obama"

"And what did you do on earth?"

"I was elected the first black president of the USA"

"Really? When was this?"

"About 20 minutes ago"

Not particularly funny but I can't help feeling this guy will get taken out if he gets elected.
My dad said the same thing and let's be honest, there will be quite a few people out there who will want to kill him. Apparently some have already tried to plan an attack (think they cought two guys the other day).

 
I'd much rather have McCain in charge.

Obama's far too liberal and he's way too wet-behind-the-ears for my liking, whereas McCain has both been there and done that, and will be unfazed by the challenge of being the president of the USA.

 
It's really interesting to watch out here. The thing that gets me is the disparity in coverage between the news channels. Some are so liberal it's as if Obama is the 2nd coming of Jesus, and others are so conservative that they see him as the black anti-christ!

A certain channel out here tries to be "fair" by having a show with an extremely opinionated conservative, who will wave bits of paper about with "facts" printed on them. He'll have a guest on who will disprove his supposed facts. SO he finishes with them, and then brings on some other conservative, starts waving his paper about again, and of course these new guest agree with him. Even though his facts have just been proven as false, or only part of the story.

The news channels way of balancing out this conservative? They pick teh saddest sap of a liberal to sit next to him, who is often spoken over and be-littled by his fellow presenter. It's a joke

Anyway, I think it is an historic campaign so should eb interesting

Scott

 
Also, yes I ahve seen the SNL skits of Tina Fey as Palin, very good.

Seriously though, Mccain's wife stated that Palin had enough International Experience because she was governor in Alaska, and Alaska is the closest state to Russia. Palin then justified this by saying "oh yeah, if Putin were to fly, he'd be flying into my airspace over Alaska!" Seriously, I think she's done more harm to McCain than good. If he were to suffer, healthwise, I doubt Palin has what it takes to be in power.

Also, the two guys that Moos talks about, were neo-nazis. Basically a couple of inbred idiots who got caught talking too loudly in a public place about how they'd shoot him. As pathetic as this might seem, it is a serious issue that Obama would need to contend with. there are just some people who will resist change in the most horrific way

Also, I agree with BlueBeard. All you're doing is replacing one cheating lying sack of sh*t with another. It's just the public's decision to figure out who is the least lying sack of sh*t

Scott

 
OBAMA FOR THE WIN!!!!!Congratulations to the first Black US President to be assassinated !
I've corrected that for you Oblivion.

I kid you not, he seems a decent bloke (as much as a Yank can be) - but already a lot of the Southerners are up in arms, there hasn't been a bigger landslide than this since Kennedy, can't help think that Mr. Obama will go the same way. Of course I hope this doesn't happen, as that god forsaken country needs a Democrat in charge - well, it suits us better...!! Whoever won we'd have to kiss Presidential butt, so I'm glad its not McCain.

I'm just releaved because that means crazy Palin won't get in, couldn't see McCain lasting 8 years... All those poor polar bears.

PS - JT26CFC, I've seen the Tina Fey does Sarah Palin clips on YouTube, the woman is a comic genius, spot on every time.

 
Well done Obama.

Here's my wish list for your first term.

1. Extract the UK from up the US arse

2. Close down Guatanemo

3. Try and remember what international justice actually means

4. Calmly and politely extricate yourself from Iraq and Afghanistan

5. Sign up to the Kyoto agreement and do something meaningful about your emissions

6. Ban guns and tell you rifle lobby to grow up

7. Tell JJ Abrams that the next series of Lost had better be the last, and that it had better tie up every single loose end.

Then you can sort out the economy.

 
Be interesting to see what he does in regards to soliders in Iraq and Afghanistan (especially as we'll no doubt follow). An illegal war, although I don't get that, Hitler trying to invade Europe was fair? Anyway, I think they're in too deep and if its a choice between saving face or doing whats right... what do the Americans usually do? Maybe it'll change with Obama in charge.

PS- I'm not anti-American, we have some fine ones on this board... but their poxy politics are more corrupt than ours.

 
Be interesting to see what he does in regards to soliders in Iraq and Afghanistan (especially as we'll no doubt follow). An illegal war, although I don't get that, Hitler trying to invade Europe was fair? Anyway, I think they're in too deep and if its a choice between saving face or doing whats right... what do the Americans usually do? Maybe it'll change with Obama in charge.PS- I'm not anti-American, we have some fine ones on this board... but their poxy politics are more corrupt than ours.
Without going off on one, Hitler's war was your old-fashioned 'war-as-expansionist-foreign-policy', involved sticking two fingers up at the rest of Europe for having taxed it into the ground after WWI, and had some pretty nasty secondary motives.

America's war on Iraq and Afghanistan was 'war-to-protect-the-planet'. However, the rest of the planet could find no good reason as to why this course of action would save it and passed numerous UN resolutions outlawing such actions. The resolutions were probably the result of spotting that some secondary motives, notably 'war-to-secure-our-oil-supply' might be more front of mind for the yanks.

 
one thing ive noticed as an occasional observer of this election, theres been barely any mention of either canidates poilicys. its almost become a popularity contest and has nothing to do with the political achievements or aspirations of either candidate. its a shame that this happens now, but it does highlight the nature of people these days. i fully expect the next election in england to go a similar way, highlight the candidates character, likes and dislikes, family etc and just forget about policys.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top