Valentin Barco our Ginger Argentinian

Thing is though Alonso isn’t helping him. Paired him with Watson midweek and had him at 6 with Watson at 8. Looked better when James came on and he move further forward. You would think he would make a mental note of this, made the same mistake again v Hull. James was playing as the 8 while he was left playing the 6 role.

Wouldn’t be too worried about the physical part, he will need a while to get used to the physical side of the PL.
I certainly think it would be interesting to see how he does alongside Caicedo

 
I think this lad has the potential to be a Modric like player in a decent team. Doesn't give the ball away, crisp neat passing mainly on a one touch basis, always available and surprisingly good in aerial challenges for a small bloke.

Problem is, we're not a decent team so as matches wear on, he becomes less and less effective, and as the opposition get stronger and our players wilt and cheat, he will become more and more exposed.

First half I thought he largely ran the show for us. Second half, hardly knew he was on the pitch.

 
Thought he was our best player followed by Pep, everyone else didn't do anything of note besides screwing up.
Agreed. Only two positives were Barco and Pep.

 
Thought he was really good first half ,second half gradually disappeared but so did the majority, reckon long term he'll do well for us

 
I find it hard to praise players after playing an easy half of football, which is what that first half was against Brentford last night. Neither team were really going for it, they both played very safe. I would rather focus on the 2nd half, and he struggled as much as anybody.

Teams have been doing this a lot to us over the past 12 months. They let us feel like we are comfortable, then they step up the aggression and pace and our players cannot cope with it. They can't match because they don't have that in their game and they become overwhelmed. That was what it was like watching Barco last night, same goes for pretty much all of our players.

 
I thought that him and Henderson made the best midfield we’ve seen so far this season. Definitely better than seeing Lavia, James or Gusto there. We just need to be more aggressive and not let other teams bully us, I think that the argie in him will show eventually.

 
Think he'd be very effective in a midfield 3. New league, so to speak, double pivot, different partner each week - very difficult. Good on the ball.

 
Back
Top