Which striker should Chelsea buy?

Which striker should Chelsea buy?


  • Total voters
    94

abramovich

Bored billionaire
Messages
6,576
Reaction score
4,629
Just curious to find out who the Shed End posters want to spearhead our attack next season.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for Morata but i am less then convinced by any of our realistic targets now. I don't think we are interested in Auba and both Belotti and Morata have huge questionmarks on them.

It's going to be interesting to see who we end up buying though. Not convinced we can close deals for Morata or Belotti for either as we just saw with Lukaku and would not be overly surprised if we start the season with Michy, Llorente and Remy as our striker-options.

 
Belotti.gif


 
Out of the 3 Belotti. Either of them would be brilliant but in all honestly I think we will struggle to agree a fee that we deem reasonable.

For that reason I reckon we will sign someone from the tier or 2 below. 

I have always liked Gabbiadini (shame he only signed for Soton in January), Immobile or even Milik all of which I think would be decent acquisitions whilst never really being world class, not that we are linked with either or whether they are remotely available, but each of them I think would be capable of having 15-20 goal seasons whilst contributing immensely to the team as a whole (they all have better build up and link play than Lukaku anyway). 
Someone more left field like Andone at Deportivo would also work. 

Personally I think a season with Bats and someone who can compete with him for the starting spot wouldn't be a disaster. 

I would avoid Llorente though he is far too slow and doesn't really offer any movement or defensive output. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I didn't include Sanchez because I don't think he can be considered a striker in the classical sense.

 
Went for Belotti because of his work-rate, but in order for us to improve on Diego we need someone with better link-up play and more of a goal-mouth presence—I think Bats is as good as any of the above in those respects. 

 

 
Honestly pretty clueless as to why so many people are picking Belotti over Aubameyang.. Hasn't anyone been watching him for the past couple seasons

 
Reason I voted belotti over Aubameyang is age to price ratio if they were the same age Aubameyang all day, I think belotti could do very well not sure if I'll grow to love or hate the chicken head celebration 

 
Dembele at Celtic is worth a mention...he's been linked with Lyon today...

 
Dembele at Celtic is worth a mention...he's been linked with Lyon today...
Hard to tell if he's any good though. Scott Sinclair looks like Messi in the Scottish league.

Have we actually been legitimately linked to Belotti anywhere? I;ve only seen links to Morata.

 
Hard to tell if he's any good though. Scott Sinclair looks like Messi in the Scottish league.

Have we actually been legitimately linked to Belotti anywhere? I;ve only seen links to Morata.
But Dembele has scored against better teams in CL like Barcelona and Man City...and given his price of around £25-30m he's worth a look...put him in a stronger team and I'm convinced he'll flourish...just my opinion of course...

 
Morata looks a classier player than Belotti, more naturally talented, but Belotti does have a bit of the Suarez about him and looks like he might have a higher ceiling.

If I had to pick right now, I'd go Belotti and Batshayaui as the 2.

 
My first choice is Lewandowski, second choice is Icardi he won't be expensive but has that aggressiveness of Costa to succeed in the EPL, third choice will be Morata though I don't want him for more than 60m. I used to be a good fan of Aubameyang but I am no longer a fan I don't want him in our team.

 
I went for belotti, but in truth, I am not that fussy. Aubameyang would be more of sure thing, but he is 28 so you don't know how fast he will decline. 

Belotti will work hard and I imagine he will be a nightmare for defenders, it's just whether he can step up at a big club in a new league. 

Morata has a solid all round game, and has scored goals on the big stage, but like belotti, for the money being spent, you would have to have faith that he is turning into a world class striker, because he isn't quite there yet. 

Costa had plenty of flaws aswell, so whoever comes in, we just have to take the rough with the smooth, and hope we can be successful. 

There is no ideal signing, even for the vast amounts we are having to pay. 

 
Back
Top