Who do we want in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So say we sign Varane what about Kalas, Zouma and Christensen? We need to start developing our own, it's a great time to do it with an ageing defence.

 
I just don't see Madrid being too keen to sell a defender in January after they realize how weak they are defensively without Alonso.

 
I think we should sign Varane from Real Madrid and Hector Herrera from Porto.

Varane will be one of the best CB's in about 4 years and Herrera is also (gonna be) a great C(D)M. He was absolutely fantastic at the World Cup for Mexico.
When both JT and Ivan leave, which may well be in 4 years, I'll be happy for us to look into signing Varane, until then however I would rather we use at least one of the bunch of talented youngsters we already have at CB.

As for Herrera, we have a better player in MVG.

 
I'd love Varane at Chelsea, Jose rates him very highly and I don't think we would have too much trouble signing him with Real prefering the big names rather than the young talents.

 
I really don't think Real would even sell Varane
I think they will, or rather he will tell them he wants out.

He's wasting away sitting on the bench knowing no matter what he's second best despite others poor form.

He has a link with Jose and knows he would be a big part of his plans (assuming we went for him).

 
He didn't exactly say we were a selling club, I'd say clubs like Arsenal are more selling clubs in the fact that they'll sell a player for a large amount but will replace him using far less money

 
Exactly. We don't need player sales to finance the club, we are selling players for our playing squad. Jose has sold players he didn't rate to reinvest in areas we needed.

I'm not sure who we'll NEED in January. Much will be revealed by how well Ake, Zouma, Christiansen and Baker start to play for the team. Also how Bamford develops at Middlesborough.

Jose had talked at not having the perfect squad and I think we are slightly light in CMid and CDef but if the players listed above do well we'll be fine. Wouldn't mind seeing us move for Pogba and Varane should they become available and If the right Striker became available I think we'd be interested as Drogba will probably move into coaching next year.

 
I'll say it again I want Pjanic, the kid is going to be a superstar, and maybe a Trade off for Eden is going to happen, if he has another good season PSG, are gonna try and smash our barriers guarding him!!!

 
He didn't exactly say we were a selling club, I'd say clubs like Arsenal are more selling clubs in the fact that they'll sell a player for a large amount but will replace him using far less money
We don't sell our best players in their prime like Livpoo, manyoo, Le arse have done many a time.

Anyone that expects Jose to come out and say that Chelsea are a club who will again "break the EPL transfer record in the future", needs their heads looking at.

 
We should lower Reus's priority on the "transfer wish list". Ligament tears on the ankles dont look good.

get well soon marco.

 
I can see us selling oscar at the end of the season if his form doesn't improve. Salah will want to go in January due to lack of playing time. These moves could raise money for a big money move for Pogba next summer.

 
Transfers of Varane, Pogba and Lavezzi would make January amazing! I've read somewhere that Pogba is on £25k per week. That is mental.

 
Lavezzi? No thanks. Varane and Pogba would be dream but wound't happen(both).. Varane would be more realistic than Pogba especially at January.

 
Varane has signed a new six year deal with Real. Not happening.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign anyone in January. Pete to go out on loan and maybe Salah too.

Agree with previous post about Oscar leaving at the end of the season, which is a shame as he's my sons favourite player.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top